Assistant Coach Geoff Ward leaves NJ, goes to CGY

Triumph

Wonder if Sarge applies for the job here? I can see how they stick with Ryan Close to orchestrate PP/PK?  They need someone to do what G. Ward did. Special teams guy!

I think Adam Oates is a special assignments guy in Fla. I know Parise thought he was great as PP guy. (I just don't think Oates is head coach material) best as an asst.

• Like 1

Sounds like Clowe may be leaving too (article was retweeted by Ian Pulz)...  http://www.thetelegram.com/sports/hockey/clowe-set-to-become-newfoundland-growlers-coach-sources-tell-the-telegram-219165/?platform=hootsuite

Snippet:  The Newfoundland Growlers have yet to hit the ice, but already the ECHL expansion team has gained some star power.

Sources tell The Telegram retired NHLer Ryane Clowe is set to become the first coach of the Growlers, who will begin play in the ECHL in October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Sounds like Clowe may be leaving too (article was retweeted by Ian Pulz)...  http://www.thetelegram.com/sports/hockey/clowe-set-to-become-newfoundland-growlers-coach-sources-tell-the-telegram-219165/?platform=hootsuite

Snippet:  The Newfoundland Growlers have yet to hit the ice, but already the ECHL expansion team has gained some star power.

Sources tell The Telegram retired NHLer Ryane Clowe is set to become the first coach of the Growlers, who will begin play in the ECHL in October.

If true, good for him. Will admit I love having him behind the bench though.  Believe he can be a HC in the NHL someday. 

5 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Confirmed about Clowe: 

Mike Morreale Retweeted

The @MapleLeafs announced today Ryane Clowe has been named Head Coach of the club’s ECHL affiliate, the Newfoundland Growlers

4 replies71 retweets159 likes

Good for him, and I hope he succeeds. Seems like a good guy. 

• Like 2