What’s your max offer for Tavares

Daniel

Going forward with Free Agency: You always have to keep an eye on teams in Florida, Texas, Tennessee and Nevada: Because they can offer almost 10% less and the player nets the same $. Unless those teams are completely capped out, they are always now a threat.

Fix the cap Gary to close this advantage.

1 hour ago, LOTCB said:

Going forward with Free Agency: You always have to keep an eye on teams in Florida, Texas, Tennessee and Nevada: Because they can offer almost 10% less and the player nets the same $. Unless those teams are completely capped out, they are always now a threat.

Fix the cap Gary to close this advantage.

Bingo. Tax reasons

I am shocked not even a conversation with NJ

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Leeds said:

Bingo. Tax reasons

I am shocked not even a conversation with NJ

Of course, this is nothing but speculation, but I think he truly feels something deep for the Islanders (crazy as that sounds to us), and won't even consider any local (or even semi-local) "rivals" out of what he considers simple respect.  I think he's just kind of seeing what's out there because he can, and maybe feels like he should (or his agent is pushing him), but in the end, I'm with MD2020 and others...he just sticks with the Isles and makes all of the "maybe" talk pointless.  It wouldn't surprise me all that much if JT was very uncomfortable with all of this. 

• Like 2

Confirmed teams that John Tavares will meet with this week at CAA offices in L.A.: Dallas, Boston, San Jose, Toronto, Tampa (plus of course NYI). The Tavares camp will also have conversations with 2-3 other teams over the phone and perhaps also meet with 1-2 of them.

Mike Morreale Retweeted Ben Dizik

I haven't seen the Devils linked to any Tavares talk.

59 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Confirmed teams that John Tavares will meet with this week at CAA offices in L.A.: Dallas, Boston, San Jose, Toronto, Tampa (plus of course NYI). The Tavares camp will also have conversations with 2-3 other teams over the phone and perhaps also meet with 1-2 of them.

Mike Morreale Retweeted Ben Dizik

I haven't seen the Devils linked to any Tavares talk.

So you're telling me there's a chance...

• Like 1

Like I have said before, I am fine with it if the Devils wanted Tavares or not, as there are as many negatives as there are positives in bringing him in.

We all have to like where the Devils are going and I’m fine with a lesser FA or two.

The Devils are starting to build a really nice farm system that is developing chips for trades and that is much more valuable than bringing in high priced FA’s

5 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

How is it disappointing... he just might not want to play for the devils....  no biggie.

It’s disappointing because Hall and JT together would be unstoppable. 

At first I thought we were a perfect fit, but once I saw JT’s lust, it became clear why we’re not. He’s looking for a Golden State Warriors situation, minus Dallas which is an anomaly. He’s not looking to build a winner, he’s looking to join a winner. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well like with that godamn Rangers kid. It was just a tease and ended up being worst when he signed somewhere else. At least now all we had going was fan speculation. A lot less frustrating IMO than knowing we had a chance and didn't win lol

?? sorry I didn't get your analogy. Can you use one with a girl instead ? ; ) 

(ok ok i stop) 

• Like 1

So... imagine this scene. Tavares met with all the teams and lean toward signing elsewhere and the Islanders are making the last counter offer in order to keep him and Tavares goes... "I will re-sign if the whole team can grow a beard and long hair..." and then watch the scene as it unfolds like an old spaghetti western shooting scene with big close up shots going back and forth and who's going to draw first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Derlique said:

I don't understand why Tavares would want to go to the Sharks or Stars. They don't have great best future outlooks.

sharks will be contenders with Tavares for a few years. The Stars i'm still not sure why. He wouldnt even be playing with the 2 best players on the team other than on the PP. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

sharks will be contenders with Tavares for a few years. The Stars i'm still not sure why. He wouldnt even be playing with the 2 best players on the team other than on the PP. 

Vlasic and Burns are well into their 30s, Pavelski is already in the midst of a decline, Couture is about to be in his 30s. I like Hertl and Meier, but none of those guys are stars.

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Still somehow holding out hope that Shero has been completely covert here :lol:

But in seriousness, I hope he ends up with a 13M x 7 deal somewhere. 

If he goes to fvcking Dallas on a 10M x 7 I'm going to be furious.

Nah dude. Let him go. I'd much rather him go to a team we never have to play. Idk why Dallas either, but Dallas/SJ > any other team on that list hands down.

Why the hell would you be furious? A division rival will be a much worse team and he’ll be in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I wouldn't be pissed if he went to Dallas on that deal.  With no state income tax he would probably be taking home the same amount as a bigger deal elsewhere.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I wouldn't be pissed if he went to Dallas on that deal.  With no state income tax he would probably be taking home the same amount as a bigger deal elsewhere.

Yeah it’s kind of common sense he could take less there. Florida too, no?