What’s your max offer for Tavares

Daniel

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You keep arguing about stuff that isn't relevant here. I never said that it was a bad thing to not sign Clarkson at that kind of money or that we lost a big player. I said waiting last minute to discuss contract is throwing away all your leverage at making the best decision from the franchise out of the window.

And Clarkson agent mentioned that they didn't talk during the season and Elias came out saying he didn't agree with Lou's approach to refuse to talk to players about contracts during the season. But anyway I don't want to continue talking about this, it's been said a thousand times already, nothing new will come out of this. Plus im surprised nobody jumped on me for even bringing it up. I'm sure it's coming though.

My point is, you don't know when they started talking. The article above has it as early as May 31. Even if that was the earliest, you don't know what was said. 

None of it is relevant to my original point, which was on your list of departed core players, one of these things was not like the others. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My point is, you don't know when they started talking. The article above has it as early as May 31. Even if that was the earliest, you don't know what was said. 

None of it is relevant to my original point, which was on your list of departed core players, one of these things was not like the others. 

Well you're nitpicking on a term that I used that was not really relevant either. They are guys in their prime that left for nothing while they still had values.

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well you're nitpicking on a term that I used that was not really relevant either. They are guys in their prime that left for nothing while they still had values.

I'm not nitpicking, you put Clarkson on a list he didn't belong on. 

He did leave for nothing when he had value, dozens of guys do that every year. 

37 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A 3 page discussion about David Clarkson? 

200w.gif

He was a core player, he deserves three pages. ;)

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not nitpicking, you put Clarkson on a list he didn't belong on. 

He did leave for nothing when he had value, dozens of guys do that every year. 

He was a core player, he deserves three pages. ;)

Clarkson in his prime would have got us a really good return. You can deny that all day and twist it around to make you feel better about the situation but it is what it is. Another asset in his prime walking away from us for nothing when there was a way to get asset for them

Edited by SterioDesign

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Clarkson in his prime would have got us a really good return. You can deny that all day to make you feel better about the situation but it is what it is

Did I deny that? I don't believe so. Now you're just making stuff up to suit your needs. 

On 7/2/2018 at 10:32 AM, SterioDesign said:

We've been through this before so let's not go at it again, nobody wants to read all that again lol.

But all those examples still fall under  "he let them reach the point where he had no leverage". No good businessman does that, it's as simple as that. How often do you see core guys locked up a year before or months before free agency on other teams compared to how many do get to free agency? There's a reason for that, you CAN'T risk it and need to protect yourself. And i do understand that SOME situation had complications in the background, but he always did things the same way so nothing suggests that it would have been any different anyway. It just gives an easy excuse really. So most of these guys walking is 100% because of his approach of waiting last minute and how he dealt with free agents, not because of situations. Nothing more. You don't give 100% control to your top guys to walk, you lock them up before you're in a tough spot. 

And that same scenario x all these guys stripped us from a lot of assets. There's a reasons our prospects pool was so poor and that we didn't have much assets by the end. It's just an accumulation of "going all in blindly and losing guys left and right". And THAT i feel is the real reason of the downfall of the team. Patchwork and losing assets going all out every year. That plus horrible drafting really.

Hell just look at the FEW times he actually did the right thing. Trading Jagr, that got us Palmieri basically. And it never seem that bad cause like you said we were successful and he got a pass for assembling a very good core of players that kept the team very good for a long time.

"when you have time you use it"

to ensure you lose the player :) 

• Like 1