2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

The Leafs Twitter love fest over Tavares coming "home" makes me want to vomit. I can't wait until Toronto misses the playoffs. 

Funny and shocking they won be ecstatic. Good for him he suffered enough. Guess Lou didn't impress. Him for sh!t. 

5 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Wow. He wants 6 years. He's going to be 31 in Sep... 

@KevinWeekes 

James Neal is an attractive piece for a team looking for scoring,bite, 2 Cup Final Appearances,and experience. He’s looking for a 6yr Term. I’ve spoken to 3 teams with interest in him. @NHL @NHLNetwork .

Lol Ray won't bite at those terms dw.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Neal has scored 20 or more goals 7 straight years, but, do the Devils need another left winger and do they need to sign a 31 year old to a 6 year deal? Sounds very un-Shero like.

Isn't Neal a RW ? 

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He's one of the few guys that I honestly despise as a player.

Whiny, plays dirty, dives, etc. 

Generally thinking, I think he's a piece of sh!t

He scores a lot of goals though...

I hate Crosby, but I’d obviously be ecstatic to see him on the Devils. :P

• Like 1

Tavares to the Leafs is admirable.  Good to see he probably left money on the table to go home to a team he's wanted to play for all his life.  They are a good team, and no reason why they can't possibly make a splash in the East this year. 

I always thought Lou Lamoriello going to the Islanders last month was based on a few things - namely him knowing the pitch the Leafs were going to make to Tavares in advance.  Him having the intel on Tavares would have acted as leverage with Isles ownership giving them a chance to counter on the points that the Leafs prepared to present to Tavares.

Pink elephant in the room now is the who Lamoriello/Trotz team that is set up for an Isles team that isn't really set to compete.

4 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Tavares to the Leafs is admirable.  Good to see he probably left money on the table to go home to a team he's wanted to play for all his life. 

Admirable is never a word I'll use to describe a guy who leaves like 2 million a year on the table when they are still getting over 11 million a year plus whatever endorsement deals he has. 

• Like 1

Not a good day to be a Habs fan. After learning a few days earlier that Tavares doesn't even want to hear anything with the word ''Habs'' in it, today he signs with one of your great rivals who also happens to be a team that will dominate you for years to come:lol:

The funny thing about all that is the delusion. I was driving home 2 days ago and they had a show on the radio with the fans pouring in one after the other, calling in to say how ''surprised'' they were that Tavares wouldn't even listen to the Canadiens offer. They really think a line composed of Ghallagher and Max Domi is what he was looking for :lol:. (I mean I can't anymore, I think I'll start exclusively drinking bottled water because idk what they put in this city's water)

Additional slap to the face: Lots of the guys calling in and the show's host were talking about how Canadian teams are not attractive for Tavares and other top players because of the taxes...next thing you know, he sign's with the Leafs:lol:

Edited by SS-SS
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Admirable is never a word I'll use to describe a guy who leaves like 2 million a year on the table when they are still getting over 11 million a year plus whatever endorsement deals he has. 

It’s a tough decision to leave money on the table, but since he’s still making a fortune, it’s not that tough. 

• Like 1

@penguins 

Pittsburgh has signed forward Jimmy Hayes, defensemen Zach Trotman and Stefan Elliott, and goaltender John Muse to one-year, two-way contracts. All four deals are worth $650,000 at the NHL level.

ETA: 

@DarrenDreger 

Riley Nash to Columbus. 3 years, $2.75 mil per.

@TheFourthPeriod 

Calvin de Haan continues to field offers. Negotiations ongoing with multiple teams. Could make decision this evening, but won’t rush it.

Edited by LittleBallofHate