2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Tavares replaced already. Lol

Tavares for Komarov.

The swap is one for one.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Rumor on reddit is she's going to announce some personal news. Might be inaccurate, but she eluded to it yesterday as being not hockey related. 

Oh man, if it's not Devils related she's going to hear about it on twitter.

Foolish to phrase it this way on day 1 of free agency.

• Like 2

Lou really had to go to the ends of the earth to bring Tavares back. Not sure he did. Or even wanted to. Komarov almost seems like an FU now to Isles fans

They still had a great draft through I feel

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Rumor on reddit is she's going to announce some personal news. Might be inaccurate, but she eluded to it yesterday as being not hockey related. 

Well "dotting the i's" is kind of being intentionally deceptive if all you're going to do is dump personal news on us. Especially on day 1 of UFA

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Yeah I agree, that’s just stupid on Amanda’s part to word it that way on today, of all days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Have to read things in context; it’s about her own contract. It has nothing to do with free agency. 

Edited by mfitz804

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Well "dotting the i's" is kind of being intentionally deceptive if all you're going to do is dump personal news on us. Especially on day 1 of UFA

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I agree, that’s just stupid on Amanda’s part to word it that way on today, of all days.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to her "stop bullying me twitter" tweets later this evening.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Still tone-deaf.  Especially to phrase it this way, and imply people are anxious about the news.  Phrasing leads one to think she's talking about.. her job.

I mean, no offense Amanda, but I'm not sitting here impatiently waiting for you to announce something about your personal life.

I'm probably being too harsh but I'm salty about what a quiet and boring day the Devils have had so far.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Still tone-deaf.  Especially to phrase it this way, and imply people are anxious about the news.  Phrasing leads one to think she's talking about.. her job.

I mean, no offense Amanda, but I'm not sitting here impatiently waiting for you to announce something about your personal life.

I'm probably being too harsh but I'm salty about what a quiet and boring day the Devils have had so far.

She’s a team employee. I guarantee she is not going to leak news about free agent signings.

Edited by mfitz804

I get people are anxious today but I have absolutely ZERO problem with what she did. She warned yesterday she had news coming and honestly, I think fans all over Twitter are pretty eager to hear her announcement. Adds some stupid suspense to an otherwise drab day 1 of FA. In general, Amanda announcing personal news won't change who gets signed by the Devils and who doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I get people are anxious today but I have absolutely ZERO problem with what she did. She warned yesterday she had news coming and honestly, I think fans all over Twitter are pretty eager to hear her announcement. Adds some stupid suspense to an otherwise drab day 1 of FA. In general, Amanda announcing personal news won't change who gets signed by the Devils and who doesn't.

Yup. And it’s obvious what she meant. If you believe otherwise you didn’t read it in context or you lack common sense. 

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Wonder if it's a legit offer or just one they can point to and say "eh we tried" once they trade him.

Who knows. They probably know that convincing him to stay will be difficult with the ship going down in flames.  That said, the whole goal in life is to get an elite 1D so my guess is they want to try and sign him. They also traded away Mike Hoffman, who along with his wife, seemed to have some personal issues with the Karlssons. That could be seen as an attempt to keep EK happy or just generally as part of a larger rebuilding effort. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

I don't follow her so only seeing what guys post here the tweet posted here looks bad here out of context and could have been easily avoidable if she posted "I am crossing T's and dotting I's" it's free agency day, be a little more intelligent about what you post and at the very least don't be surpised when people are annoyed about it when you intentionally worded it that way.

Bored...boring...disappointed....wha, wha ,wha. I hate it when there is nothing happening on FA day. I sure hope Ray has something up his sleeve other than his arm.  Too many of these weird signings, depth stuff for AHL  

:angry:

Edited by mackchi
Spellcheck

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't follow her so only seeing what guys post here the tweet posted here looks bad here out of context and could have been easily avoidable if she posted "I am crossing T's and dotting I's" it's free agency day, be a little more intelligent about what you post and at the very least don't be surpised when people are annoyed about it when you intentionally worded it that way.

I think she handled the [few] fans who were annoyed with her pretty well. She didn't lash out a la Abbey Mastracco and she apologized for stringing people along. I think she sincerely wanted to share personal news with the fans whom she seems to care about a lot. It's just not that big of a deal and it's all part of keeping Devils fans entertained. 

Could she have been more clear... yeah. 

• Like 1

Gabriel's a bad signing - if you can't get a guy with character who can't score more than 5 goals in the AHL, maybe character is a little overrated.  Other two AHL signings are good.  Only a few contracts today I would've liked the Devils to have signed.