2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

9 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Gabriel's a bad signing - if you can't get a guy with character who can't score more than 5 goals in the AHL, maybe character is a little overrated.  Other two AHL signings are good.  Only a few contracts today I would've liked the Devils to have signed.

No one gives a sh!t.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Puts ROR in a bad spot.  You can't fill Tavares' shoes.  Lamoriello is at it again...trying to fill huge gaps with scotch tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

One wonders whether Zajac would waive his NTC to go to Buffalo.  He wouldn’t be the only piece in an ROR deal, but he makes a ton of sense for Buffalo.  Center who can take on the tough defensive assignments so Eichel and Mittlestadt don’t have to.  His contract ends right when Dahlin’s ELC ends.  

I just hope Ray has the ok from ownership to pay the whole signing bonus.  That’s what having deep pocketed owners is supposed to do.

One wonders whether Zajac would waive his NTC to go to Buffalo.  He wouldn’t be the only piece in an ROR deal, but he makes a ton of sense for Buffalo.  Center who can take on the tough defensive assignments so Eichel and Mittlestadt don’t have to.  His contract ends right when Dahlin’s ELC ends.  

I just hope Ray has the ok from ownership to pay the whole signing bonus.  That’s what having deep pocketed owners is supposed to do.

I think the Sabres are looking for a vet righty D to settle in alongside Dahlin to start the year. I don't see Vatanen being moved, but Severson? Severson and Zajac for a ROR? Maybe better offer from NYI.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

EDIT: The isles are in a worse spot than us on defense

54 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

The biggest additions to our team since Shero has taken over: Taylor Hall, Kyle Palmieri, Sami vatanen, Marcus Johansson, Jesper Bratt, Nico Hischier, Mirco mueller, Will Butcher.

The number of free agents in list: 1.

shut up, sit down, relax, and talk to me in August about how disappointed you are in ray shero. Don’t talk to me 7 hours and 32 minutes after free agency opens.

Ok 

I’m sorry Ray....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2018/07/01/Penguins-Rutherford-Blue-Jackets-Kekalainen-war-of-words-Jack-Johnson/stories/201807010156

Gotta say, Rutherford really broke the unspoken rules with his comment. Gotta side with Torts and Kekalainen, don't talk about another team's management decisions. In any case, I don't follow advanced hockey stats much, but looks like they were key to Jack Johnson's signing in Pitt. From the article:

“He was a healthy scratch at the end of the season,” Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford said. “I know the reason why. It wasn’t because of how he was playing.”

Rutherford did not elaborate on why he thought Johnson was a healthy scratch, but his comments apparently irritated Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen, who addressed what Rutherford said while meeting with reporters Sunday.

“I have no idea what [Rutherford] is talking about,” Kekalainen said. “If he thinks it was something else, he knows something that me and [coach John] Tortorella don’t.”

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Another blonde...nobody can say our boys don’t have a type. 

You've gotta think one time a hockey player dated a brunette and he was calmly pulled to the side and asked, "What the fvck do you think you're doing?"

• Haha 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Now I’m getting mad.  St. Louis got ROR for a song.  A first, a B prospect and some spare parts.

I will be extremely mad if we find out the Devils were in discussions, but weren’t willing to pick up his bonus.  We will know that everything ownership says about being willing to spend money is a lie.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Now I’m getting mad.  St. Louis got ROR for a song.  A first, a B prospect and some spare parts.

I will be extremely mad if we find out the Devils were in discussions, but weren’t willing to pick up his bonus.  We will know that everything ownership says about being willing to spend money is a lie.

A song? Looks like they paid a pretty hefty price to me. A first, a second, a 20 year old 1st round pick, and two serviceable vets. And really only Sobotka has a risky contract. Meanwhile ROR's contract...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Kyle Palmieri's finacee says hi: 

Question, you think she chose the blonde streaks, or was "politely" urged to get them by Palms in order to "be civilized members of the hockey community dear," as he kindly put it to her?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

A song? Looks like they paid a pretty hefty price to me. A first, a second, a 20 year old 1st round pick, and two serviceable vets. And really only Sobotka has a risky contract. Meanwhile ROR's contract...

The second is two years from now.  This would be the equivalent of us trading a first, McLeod and Zajac.  The first rounder is actually the most valuable piece.  And we’d be a better team, which is what I have in mind. 

Ray better have something really interesting up his sleeve.  Cause right now, we’re getting lapped.

Edited by Daniel

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The second is two years from now.  This would be the equivalent of us trading a first, McLeod and Zajac.  The first rounder is actually the most valuable piece.  And we’d be a better team, which is what I have in mind. 

Ray better have something really interesting up his sleeve.  Cause right now, we’re getting lapped.

The trade is close but St. Louis gave up a bunch. They got a good center in return, but he didn't come cheap and his contract isn't cheap.

As I said earlier, the Devils' problem is that, for a slew of reasons, they didn't get much from the draft over the years they sucked. If anything, applause to Ray for not biting on what was a pretty terrible FA class. We might actually escape the day without adding an albatross contract. That feels quite nice. There was nothing out there worth overpaying for.  

• Like 1