2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

Happy for Gibby.  What a great start he had for us. 
Too bad he got hurt. Will never know if he would've produced the whole season. Was definitely in the right place at the right time.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

This confirms for me what Ray’s plan is.   If you thought last year was a youth movement, wait until you see this season. He wants to bring up guys from the AHL and see what they can do. There’s no other reason you wouldn’t give a guy like Gibbons $1 million.

I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This confirms for me what Ray’s plan is.   If you thought last year was a youth movement, wait until you see this season. He wants to bring up guys from the AHL and see what they can do. There’s no other reason you wouldn’t give a guy like Gibbons $1 million.

I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.

There's not that many open spots anyway. 3rd and 4th line RW is up for grab. Everything else is for the established roster players to lose. I'm sure if Ray could have got a good free agent at a good price or a trade that'd make the team better that he would of done it though

54 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The general area of Philadelphia? He can play hockey, but the dude needs a geography lesson. His home town is closer to MSG and The Rock than it is to whatever that sh!t hole is called now... Wells Fargo or whatever. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He's worth it. 

Silly fool.  Miles Wood needs a new deal.  There’s no way we can deal with both of their cap hits.  And Karlsson’s gonna look real bad in the 2023 season.  Gotta keep our powder dry.

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 1

I feel we're in a very good position to land De Haan.

His role:  He'd be the #1 LD for the NJD, NYR and NYI. He'd be #3 LD in Toronto behind Rielly and Gardiner.

Location:  The fact that he narrowed down his choice to the 3 teams of the NY area AND Toronto means that he either wants to stay in the region or go home.

Success: Toronto is the best team out of the bunch but he'd have a smaller role. While we're the best team out of the NY area and he'd have a bigger role.

Terms & Moola: I'm pretty sure all teams can offer the same thing so i don't think that's going to matter much, it's more about where he wants to be ultimately.

so cmon Calvin. Sign on the damn line.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Silly fool.  Miles Wood needs a new deal.  There’s no way we can deal with both of their cap hits.

Obviously sarcastic but if there's one thing the Devils can do it's hook him up with a sweet deal. But I'm not sure we have the assets [worth sacrificing]  and I'm not sure he'd re-up with us.

Edited by Neb00rs

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Obviously sarcastic but if there's one thing the Devils can do it's hook him up with a sweet deal. But I'm not sure we have the assets [worth sacrificing]  and I'm not sure he'd re-up with us.

IF we get him then it means that we were one of the interested teams given permission to talk contract extension right? So then we'd have reason to believe that he'd re-up with us.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

IF we get him then it means that we were one of the interested teams given permission to talk contract extension right? So then we'd have reason to believe that he'd re-up with us.

Yes, my phrasing was weird, but my implication is that he won't end up here because he doesn't want to be here long term.

Of course, I don't know that for sure but players of his age and pedigree are usually at the point where they want to join a contender. The Devils can offer a max contract. Other than that I don't see why he joins a team with various missing pieces. Obviously, he's a major piece, but there are more promising destinations for him. 

Edited by Neb00rs

10 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yes, my phrasing was weird, but my implication is that he won't end up here because he doesn't want to be here long term.

Of course, I don't know that for sure but players of his age and pedigree are usually at the point where they want to join a contender. The Devils can offer a max contract. Other than that I don't see why he joins a team with various missing pieces. Obviously, he's a major piece, but there are more promising destinations for him. 

Yeah I get it but you'd think that whoever trade for him will make sure that they re-sign him right away or else there will be no deal.

That's what i think anyway

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Silly fool.  Miles Wood needs a new deal.  There’s no way we can deal with both of their cap hits.  And Karlsson’s gonna look real bad in the 2023 season.  Gotta keep our powder dry.

Yea but all I said is he's worth the money/term. I never even mentioned New Jersey LOL.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah I get it but you'd think that whoever trade for him will make sure that they re-sign him right away or else there will be no deal.

That's what i think anyway

Well, that's pretty clearly the case.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

There's not that many open spots anyway. 3rd and 4th line RW is up for grab. Everything else is for the established roster players to lose. I'm sure if Ray could have got a good free agent at a good price or a trade that'd make the team better that he would of done it though

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

Although, I still think they have to sign Noesen, right?

Indeed, there is not much room up front. I'd bet my bottom dollar Anderson and McLeod start in Binghamton 

2 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

Indeed, there is not much room up front. I'd bet my bottom dollar Anderson and McLeod start in Binghamton 

yeah he's one of the RFA they need to sign but he may not get a one way deal

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

I'd be surprised if they burned a year of Anderson's contract to have him start in Binghamton.  That doesn't mean he's made the team, not at all, but I think he'll have to struggle to be sent down.