2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you’re willing to give Nylander seven years at $8 million AAV, he’s yours.  I’d love to do it, but we don’t have the third rounder.

Edit, apparently neither do the Islanders unless they want to give up four first rounders, which I doubt.  Other option is to reacquire our third from Edmonton.

Edited by Daniel

This confirms for me what Ray’s plan is.   If you thought last year was a youth movement, wait until you see this season. He wants to bring up guys from the AHL and see what they can do. There’s no other reason you wouldn’t give a guy like Gibbons $1 million.
I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.
I actually entirely agree with this in theory and in practice. I think the spots are there for the taking in the bottom six with the exceptions being Zajac and Boyle. I'd say Wood still makes it, but the thought of another wave of young players is exciting.

That said, I'm still hoping we're going to get Maroon and de Haan.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you’re willing to give Nylander seven years at $8 million AAV, he’s yours.  I’d love to do it, but we don’t have the third rounder. Edit, apparently neither do the Islanders unless they want to give up four first rounders, which I doubt.  Other option is to reacquire our third from Edmonton. 

The Isles may wait and try and sheet Matthews.... really fvck the Leafs’ cap and make them match something really crazy, like 7/119.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

Alright, if we're not that a team that has inquired about getting both Karlsson and Ryan.. do I have the majority's permission to be upset?

We could get a generational defenseman for pennies on the dollar if we took and ate Ryan's contract.

This is a no brainer.  You have to explore this.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Alright, if we're not that a team that has inquired about getting both Karlsson and Ryan.. do I have the majority's permission to be upset?

We could get a generational defenseman for pennies on the dollar if we took and ate Ryan's contract.

This is a no brainer.  You have to explore this.

Idc what you're upset at....it won't change anything if we weren't interested in both....could be just interested in 1 or could be none.  I'm sure shero has a plan of what to do and will do so when the time is right.  

50 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

Although, I still think they have to sign Noesen, right?

Indeed, there is not much room up front. I'd bet my bottom dollar Anderson and McLeod start in Binghamton 

IMO there is not guarantee Coleman and  Noesen make the team next year  I think Shero hoping Andson, Mcleod Speers Quenneville  make a push to make this team.Cause if none of them make the team next year then Shero scouting staff  have not done there job correctly and should be fired 

7 minutes ago, sokar said:

IMO there is not guarantee Coleman and  Noesen make the team next year  I think Shero hoping Andson, Mcleod Speers Quenneville  make a push to make this team.Cause if none of them make the team next year then Shero scouting staff  have not done there job correctly and should be fired 

Noesen and especially Coleman should 100% be on the team next season imo.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sokar said:

Noesen and Coleman earned their spot. JQ isn't Shero's player. He's probably traded at some point.

1 hour ago, CarterforPresident said:

Noesen and Coleman earned their spot. JQ isn't Shero's player. He's probably traded at some point.

I can't wait for exhibition games to see what "cream" rises to the top. Last year Bratt was a big surprise to all of us. Can he repeat? I agree it's time to fish or cut bait w/ Quenville, & hoping MM will show something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarterforPresident said:

2 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Noesen and especially Coleman should 100% be on the team next season imo.

Have to agree with that. 

2 hours ago, sokar said:

haha if Conte kept his job for over 2 decades in NJ with his horrible track record our scouting staff shouldnt be fired after 3 seasons

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

He can eat sh!t and die.

That applies to everyone associated with that "organization"!  (especially since Clarke still works for them)

Edited by aclc79

7 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Karlsson to Vegas seems to be gaining a ton of traction.

fvcks sake.

...at least it's not Toronto.  

1 hour ago, moustic said:

I have this weird feeling that Shero is working behind enemy lines to get Karlsson ! 

I could see Poile quietly in there as well.  

• Like 1

Maybe it's mostly due to " me wanting it that something is happening " ... But i can't find a real explanation to the loooong Shero's silence. He didn't spoke to the media since the end of the playoff.

It's clearly more based on my wish than proper fact, but i'm pretty sure he is working on something big ! 

• Like 1

Sometimes 7/1 just isn't the right time to make those moves, especially for someone like Shero who comes in stealthy.   I have family in Nashville so I sort of follow them as a second team and I remember last year at this time I was annoyed that the Predators had no 2C and that in NJ Shero hadn't managed to pick up a defensman in the lead up to the expansion draft.   Fast forward 2 months into the season and the Devils land Vatenen and Preds get Turris, both at very reasonable price points.  The really good GMs wait until they have the leverage.  Now, if we have/had a legitimate chance at JT or Karlsson, you obviously have to make those moves when they're available, but everything else can be done at Shero's pace.          

• Like 3