2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

Ehh, I am sure Martin wanted to be back in LI more than LI wanted him back. 

26 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Did the Isles just take on a cap dump for free?  

If McAdam is not in the NHL, then yes. If he is in the NHL, still yes, but less so. 

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So, is Lou actively still trying to help the Leafs or...

That's a significant cap dump, what the fvck is he doing?

Martin is only making $2.5M for 2 years, its not really a huge dump. Its not Taco Bell, 3AM. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ehh, I am sure Martin wanted to be back in LI more than LI wanted him back. 

If McAdam is not in the NHL, then yes. If he is in the NHL, still yes, but less so. 

Martin is only making $2.5M for 2 years, its not really a huge dump. Its not Taco Bell, 3AM. 

I mean it essentially enables the Leafs sign De Haan now to a decent deal and avoid a complete cap hell next season.

I mean, they'll probably be in cap hell regardless but.. 

Edited by Devilsfan118

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean it essentially enables the Leafs sign De Haan now to a decent deal and avoid a complete cap hell next season.

I mean, they'll probably be in cap hell regardless but.. 

Its possible. Rumor has it that's exactly what they plan to do. 

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its possible. Rumor has it that's exactly what they plan to do. 

If that's what ends up happening, this will be a f'ing maddening week of free agency with regards to the leafs and Isles.    

Also, I guess that comment by another GM that the Isles would be offer sheeting someone on the Leafs was BS.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moustic said:

don't like it... 

fvck Tampa... And why the hell would he want to go to the Rags? Why are the rags in every fvcking rumor? They have NOTHING going for them right now. fvck off. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

fvck Tampa... And why the hell would he want to go to the Rags? Why are the rags in every fvcking rumor? They have NOTHING going for them right now. fvck off. 

Didn't someone else say the Rangers were out? 

• Like 1

I'll tell you this, if Karlsson ends up going to the Rangers, Leafs or Bolts I will be checking out until the preseason.

Not in any form of protest... I'll just be so disgusted by the roster moves so far that I'd rather not bother following it.

15 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

No, it makes "Lou" sense

"Who else did we used to have that we can have again???"

Stephen Gionta is packing his skates and heading to LI as we speak.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll tell you this, if Karlsson ends up going to the Rangers, Leafs or Bolts I will be checking out until the preseason.
Not in any form of protest... I'll just be so disgusted by the roster moves so far that I'd rather not bother following it.

Sadly, he’ll probably end up with one of them, or Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Angry 1

I'd bet Vegas if I had to. Too many rumors to not be something going on. 

Yeah Vegas would be my bet too (no pun intended lol). They have the cap space for both Karlsson and the Ryan contract, and they have the assets needed to make that trade if they want to.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah Vegas would be my bet too (no pun intended lol). They have the cap space for both Karlsson and the Ryan contract, and they have the assets needed to make that trade if they want to.

I'd actually not be surprised if this happens as a 3 way deal where some other team gets Ryan flipped to them. If the Rags were ever involved, maybe that is where. Take Ryan contract for future picks or something. 

• Like 1

From an Ottawa standpoint, I don't get why they are so anxious to move Ryan as part of the EK deal.   I understand they have a cheapskate Owner but they're going to need to hit the cap floor somehow.  Why spoil the return on EK just to dump that contract when you can get to the floor by moving other guys if necessary?  Also, they really cant afford to take the PR blow by getting some sad ass return on EK either at this point.         

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

No, it makes "Lou" sense

While I haven't been a fan of Lou's moves, upon seeing further, they have a horrible bottom 6. This helps that in a lot of ways and brings a fan favorite/leader to them. Gives their 4th line something they were missing ever since MM left( idk if he was traded ).