2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I keep waiting for Shero to have a media availability, but I’m pretty sure thats not gonna happen at this point lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ll have a big parade for Eric Gryba.

• Like 1

Hello fello entitled fan!

Hey I’m not even asking for a move! Just throw me a quote or two Ray! [emoji14]

We’ll have a big parade for Eric Gryba.

Get the floats ready lol.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't use twitter, at all, so I don't know how bad it is out there right now with Devils fans whining and bitching.  But, re: the bolded - I'm a little annoyed with this line of thinking. 

I'm obviously in the camp of "slightly confused" as to why we haven't been mentioned with any of the top UFAs.  I think a couple definitely could've helped this team next year, plus getting an asset on a decent contract is always a good thing (for example, maybe getting JVR allows us to shop a guy or two on the left side for a defenseman).  I don't think Shero's trade history prevents one from being slightly disappointed with the team's performance during the free agency frenzy.  The two can be mutually exclusive if you ask me.

That said, I mean, if people are truly doubting Shero then they're probably beyond help anyway (read: stupid). We seem to have a lot of those fans lurking on twitter and /r/devils.

Weren't we in on the JVR discussions? I thought it was us, Boston, Philly, and NYR. 

We are still in the running for Maroon, so that would be nice. 

Not even kicking the tires on DeHaan is a bit disappointing though

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't use twitter, at all, so I don't know how bad it is out there right now with Devils fans whining and bitching.  But, re: the bolded - I'm a little annoyed with this line of thinking. 

I'm obviously in the camp of "slightly confused" as to why we haven't been mentioned with any of the top UFAs.  I think a couple definitely could've helped this team next year, plus getting an asset on a decent contract is always a good thing (for example, maybe getting JVR allows us to shop a guy or two on the left side for a defenseman).  I don't think Shero's trade history prevents one from being slightly disappointed with the team's performance during the free agency frenzy.  The two can be mutually exclusive if you ask me.

That said, I mean, if people are truly doubting Shero then they're probably beyond help anyway (read: stupid). We seem to have a lot of those fans lurking on twitter and /r/devils.

Things don't always go the way you want and it's not like it is someone's fault. Just because we haven't heard much doesn't mean people aren't trying to make the team better. Be disappointed, yea it would be nice if one of those guys came to NJ, but they didn't. That's life. I'm a little disappointed too but anyway, fvck JVR.

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Weren't we in on the JVR discussions? I thought it was us, Boston, Philly, and NYR. 

I read NJ was/are in talks with Carlson, Maroon, JVR, and De Haan. Just a shame none of them wanted to come here. Oh well. sh!t happens. It isn't like Ray is hanging at the Jersey shore with Snookie and just not doing his job lol.

FWIW, that tweet by Mike Morreale said Devils were "not in the running". That doesn't mean that Shero didn't reach out or even give an offer. It just means that De Haan wasn't interested in NJ. I'm much happier Shero closed the door than overpaid the dude.

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

According to Brian Lawson we were in on DeHaan. So, it’s a moot point anyway. As frustrating as it is not getting JVR and/or DeHaan - you gotta give Andersons and Yakovlevs of the world a chance to push for a spot. Wouldn’t giving a chance getting Bobby Ryan make more sense though since he’s RW as opposed to JVR since two top LWs should be Hall and Johansson?

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Interesting read to pass the time here on Karlsson/Dallas and the price Dallas would prefer to pay (something around Julius Honka), and the price Ottawa is asking (a deal around Miro Heiskanen). https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-dallas-stars-need-to-keep-miro-heiskanen

We can’t offer anything close to Heskanen.  We could easily beat the proposed Honka deal.  If only we had $40 million in cap space it might make sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Jesus Christ there’s no way Dallas would ever trade Heiskanen. 

...but who else could they possibly have on the table if the rumors that they are the leader are true and they're not taking Bobby Ryan back?   Other than getting lucky on two late round picks in Benn and Klingberg, they've drafted like ass for a decade.    Maybe 3 or 4 of Klingberg, Nichuskin, Honka, the dude they just reached for at #13 in the draft and next years 1st?      

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I still think Karlsson ends up in Vegas. They can offer a better package than Dallas (think Shea Theodore and Cody Glass).

And Vegas can more easily take Ryan. Dallas must really be offering something good to even be in the mix.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I still think Karlsson ends up in Vegas. They can offer a better package than Dallas (think Shea Theodore and Cody Glass).

I still think Karlsson ends up in the red and black.

Yeah, I've been pounding Summer shandy all day, but I stand firm in my belief.

• Like 3

And Vegas can more easily take Ryan. Dallas must really be offering something good to even be in the mix.

If Dallas wants Karlsson with no Ryan attached, they’re gonna have to part with Heiskanen. I don’t see any way around that. Another reason to give the nod to Vegas.

I still think Karlsson ends up in the red and black.
Yeah, I've been pounding Summer shandy all day, but I stand firm in my belief.

Lmfao I applaud your confidence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

If Dallas wants Karlsson with no Ryan attached, they’re gonna have to part with Heiskanen. I don’t see any way around that. Another reason to give the nod to Vegas.

Yeah, and parting with Heiskanen makes no sense to me. Erik Karlsson is a superstar that costs $11+ million  x 7 years against the cap. Heiskanen is a potential star and he's $900K against the cap for three years and won't get a Karlsson type contract for another 8+ years. 

The Star trade for Karlsson and they're in win NOW mode.

• Like 1

Yeah, and parting with Heiskanen makes no sense to me. Erik Karlsson is a superstar that costs $11+ million  x 7 years against the cap. Heiskanen is a potential star and he's $900K against the cap for three years and won't get a Karlsson type contract for another 8+ years. 
The Star trade for Karlsson and they're in win NOW mode.

Agreed, I’d never make that trade if I’m Dallas. Who knows, Heiskanen could end up being the next Karlsson, and be in his prime tearing it up while Karlsson moves into the back nine of his career. I wouldn’t take that chance if I was Jim Nill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Agreed, I’d never make that trade if I’m Dallas. Who knows, Heiskanen could end up being the next Karlsson, and be in his prime tearing it up while Karlsson moves into the back nine of his career. I wouldn’t take that chance if I was Jim Nill.

Yeah, if Dallas trades Heiskanen we'll know what they think about him.

Interesting to see how many of you want to go back to Lou's "zero news, zero information" era with the Devils. We'll see if we can pull this one off.
Interesting.
I like how everything is stil hush-hush.

Reminds me of "status quo" but without Shero saying it.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone considered Jake Gardiner in Toronto? He popped into my head because im watching these USA classic games on NHL network.

They have Lilegren coming up and is pushing for a roster spot. I think Gardiner and he are LhDmen.

Just a thought. We never got free agents under Lou either. You guys should be used to this by now. Players dont want to come here and we have to work overtime to convince them to stay over going home or to bigger markets.

EDIT: Lillegren is a rhd and buried in the minors it looks like. Nevermind. I thought they were more stacked in defense. Their bottom pairings dmen are nobody I've heard of.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk