2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

16 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Really. Dont be jealous that you dont live here where its 1000x better then dirty jersey...  also have lived here for 31 years, total mullets seen (after early 90s)  1, and that person was from NJ.  

I don’t live in New Jersey. But I’ve been to both places...

Edited by mfitz804

23 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Really. Dont be jealous that you dont live here where its 1000x better then dirty jersey...  also have lived here for 31 years, total mullets seen (after early 90s)  1, and that person was from NJ.  

I have lived in NJ and now live on LI and to say that LI is better than NJ is downright laughable. It's all the same.

I would NEVER be on LI if it wasn't for my wife being from here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

This guy isn't even verified on Twitter and considering some of the trash that easily gets verified it's not like they have high standards and this entire tweet is anything any one of us could post lol

He's actually broken a lot of stories this summer. I haven't trusted him in the past, but he clearly has sources nowadays. 

I would take Johnson and Callahan for a 4th. It's a lot of salary to take on, but it solves our 2C hole for a couple of seasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

Long Island better than Jersey? C'mon now. It's the one place where the public transportation and traffic nightmares are actually worse than Jersey

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

Finally figured out why you’re such a massive KK fan...

• Haha 3

My complete guess is we get Stralman and Ryan.
and I still think back to when we let stralman walk from a freaking camp invite. Thanks Lou
To be fair to Lou. Stralman wasnt exactly lighting it up at the time in training camp. I find it funnier that the Rags gave him up to TB and he developed further playing with Hedman.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

oh please.  Long Island is trash. Have fun at your needle strewn beach

52 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

To be fair to Lou. Stralman wasnt exactly lighting it up at the time in training camp. I find it funnier that the Rags gave him up to TB and he developed further playing with Hedman.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Oh it Lou’s fault 100% - he wanted Stralman to stick around without a contract like Albelins and Gomezes till Christmas. Just a bit ridiculous 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No room. TB has some contract issues between Coburn and Girardi. I'd rather take one of them. They will lose AS next year as they can't afford to pay him. Ideally, TB needs to rid of Coburn,Girardi, Callahan and potentially Palat and/or Killorn. They will have issues very soon. McD's contract would hage hypothetically been Sergachevs in a few years but now that can't happen either.

35 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What circus Ottawa turned into in less than two seasons. I feel like Ottawa is stuck between trading Karlsson to one of the current contenders and not get anything good enough to even call themselves partial winners of the trade, try to trade him to a not so good team to only see Karlsson refuse because he wants the money and to become an instant SC contender or simply keep him and watch him leave for free.

Messed up situation for Ottawa no matter what happens.

Something also struck me in this article which is the fact that Karlsson does not want to commit to a long-term deal until ''him and his wife are comfortable in the new City''. I don't know about everyone else, but I find this to be a douchy move. You want the money, to be a contender and also the option to leave for free next summer, leaving the team that traded for you absolutely empty-handed? Just decide where you wanna go and stick with it instead of trying to fvck over two teams in the span of 12 months. 

If I'm a GM and I'm going to trade significant pieces of my organization for a player, be it roster players or promising talent, the last thing I'll take a shot at is a player who could simply pack his things and leave 12 months from now, leaving me empty-handed. If I'm trading for you, this extension better signed before you set foot off the plane. 

• Like 2

Shero better get a boatload of draft picks in return for taking on Callahan.

Otherwise, why in the world would Shero take a roster spot from a young hungry player for a washed up 33 year old. They already have a washed up 34 year old (Boyle).

Shero isn’t stupid. He will want something of major significance to take on this disaster, especially from the team that eliminated him from the playoffs.

I’ll bet the delay in this trade is because Shero wants the moon and stars to do this. And who can blame him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SS-SS said:

What circus Ottawa turned into in less than two seasons. I feel like Ottawa is stuck between trading Karlsson to one of the current contenders and not get anything good enough to even call themselves partial winners of the trade, try to trade him to a not so good team to only see Karlsson refuse because he wants the money and to become an instant SC contender or simply keep him and watch him leave for free.

Messed up situation for Ottawa no matter what happens.

Something also struck me in this article which is the fact that Karlsson does not want to commit to a long-term deal until ''him and his wife are comfortable in the new City''. I don't know about everyone else, but I find this to be a douchy move. You want the money, to be a contender and also the option to leave for free next summer, leaving the team that traded for you absolutely empty-handed? Just decide where you wanna go and stick with it instead of trying to fvck over two teams in the span of 12 months. 

If I'm a GM and I'm going to trade significant pieces of my organization for a player, be it roster players or promising talent, the last thing I'll take a shot at is a player who could simply pack his things and leave 12 months from now, leaving me empty-handed. If I'm trading for you, this extension better signed before you set foot off the plane. 

What I’m thinking by that comment is for Ray to make a serious push for Karlsson.  If he wants a different environment than Ottawa, perhaps have someone like Hall talk to him about what playing in Jersey has done for his career and his personal life where you don’t have yellow journalists spreading rumors about you.  Have guys like Schneider and Zajac talk to him that the Jersey suburbs are a great place to raise a family, especially if you have money.  And have Ray make the pitch that the Devils are a legitimate contender with him there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What I’m thinking by that comment is for Ray to make a serious push for Karlsson.  If he wants a different environment than Ottawa, perhaps have someone like Hall talk to him about what playing in Jersey has done for his career and his personal life where you don’t have yellow journalists spreading rumors about you.  Have guys like Schneider and Zajac talk to him that the Jersey suburbs are a great place to raise a family, especially if you have money.  And have Ray make the pitch that the Devils are a legitimate contender with him there.

I agree with you. It's at least worth to take a shot when its a guy like him. However, if the guy (Karlsson) does not make it 110% sure that he will sign an extension to Shero then its a no. Even with Ottawa now set to come out of this one with less than you'd normally expect for a guy like Karlsson, we'd have to give significant pieces and probably take on Ryan's contract. If Shero can't obtain this guarantee then Karlsson could go play for the Rangers for all I care. We just crawled back up from a long dark tunnel and I'm not willing to go back there for a guy who wants to ''make his girlfriend comfortable'' in another city 12 months after I got him at a big price.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Have guys like Schneider and Zajac talk to him that the Jersey suburbs are a great place to raise a family, especially if you have money.  

Valid point. It’s not like he’d be living in Irvington. The Caldwells, Chatham, etc. are pretty hard to beat for rich families. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Valid point. It’s not like he’d be living in Irvington. The Caldwells, Chatham, etc. are pretty hard to beat for rich families. 

And believe it or not, an important thing for a lot of players is easy access to the airport.  15 minutes from Short Hills to Newark and rarely any traffic getting there.