2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

And believe it or not, an important thing for a lot of players is easy access to the airport.  15 minutes from Short Hills to Newark and rarely any traffic getting there.

Yup. It’s where I’d live if I were them. 

Short Hills, Chatham, Summit, and Mendham are the place for the super rich in North NJ. Our GOV did just enact a special 10% tax on income over 5mil though. 

/r/Devils has a little hypothetical contest running so here was my best shot:

New Jersey:

Receiving: Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone(with extension), Ryan Callahan, TB/NYR 2019 Conditional 2nd/1st

Sending: Daemon Severson, NJ 1st 2019 (Lottery Protected)

Ottawa:

Receiving: Mikhail Sergachev, Daemon Severson, Yanni Gourde, NJ 1st 2019 (Lottery Protected), TB 1st 2020

Sending: Erik Karlsson, Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone(with extension)

Tampa:

Receiving: Erik Karlsson (with extension)

Sending: Mikhail Sergachev, Ryan Callahan, Yanni Gourde, TB/NYR 2019 Conditional 2nd/1st, TB 1st 2020

Edited by NJDevils1214

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Short Hills, Chatham, Summit, and Mendham are the place for the super rich in North NJ. Our GOV did just enact a special 10% tax on income over 5mil though. 

/r/Devils has a little hypothetical contest running so here was my best shot:

New Jersey:

Receiving: Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone(with extension), Ryan Callahan, TB/NYR 2019 Conditional 2nd/1st

Sending: Daemon Severson, NJ 1st 2019 (Lottery Protected)

Ottawa:

Receiving: Mikhail Sergachev, Daemon Severson, Yanni Gourde, NJ 1st 2019 (Lottery Protected), TB 1st 2020

Sending: Erik Karlsson, Bobby Ryan, Mark Stone(with extension)

Tampa:

Receiving: Erik Karlsson (with extension)

Sending: Mikhail Sergachev, Ryan Callahan, Yanni Gourde, TB/NYR 2019 Conditional 2nd/1st, TB 1st 2020

Taking Bobby Ryan and Callahan is really brutal.  You’re basically done adding players after that, and it might result in losing Mojo and/or Vatanen.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Taking Bobby Ryan and Callahan is really brutal.  You’re basically done adding players after that, and it might result in losing Mojo and/or Vatanen.

Callahan is only under contract until 19-20. Mojo needs to be re-signed but Callahan comes off the books the year Vatanen gets his next deal. 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Wanting Karlsson and helping another team get him by taking on a player they don't want is like driving your crush to her date's place and in return you get a handjob from her brother who needs a ride to the liquor store. fvck that. 

How is getting a 60pt player a handjob from a dude?

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Callahan went over 60 once in his career and it was in juniors. 

I'm talking about Mark Stone....NJ eats Callahan's contract for the 2 years in exchange for the conditional 2nd/1st round pick. Worst case scenario if he is useless they IR him because he is hurt 80% of the time anyway or buyout his deal. NJ has plenty of cap room to eat his salary for just 2 years.

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm talking about Mark Stone....NJ eats Callahan's contract for the 2 years in exchange for the conditional 2nd/1st round pick. Worst case scenario if he is useless they IR him because he is hurt 80% of the time anyway or buyout his deal. NJ has plenty of cap room to eat his salary for just 2 years.

I'd take Stone, Sergachev, Gourde, Point etc in a heartbeat... but to think we could land any of those guys is dreaming i think

Stone was the Sens best player last year. there's no way they move him on top of moving Karlsson. No way

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'd take Stone, Sergachev, Gourde, Point etc in a heartbeat... but to think we could land any of those guys is dreaming i think

Ok....well Stone is in the hypothetical deal I proposed.

I get you hate every other team in the league that isnt NJ but if NJ gets better out of the deal then why not? If you sit on the side and let some other team take your place in the talks then you get nothing and 3 other teams get better instead of 2. Tampa is going to be good anyway, who cares if NJ helps them get Karlsson if it also makes our team better? It is worse if they get him and NJ doesn't get anything at all...or double worse if the Rangers end up with a 60pt player like Stone for taking a couple sh!tty contracts they just buyout anyway.

Edited by NJDevils1214

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Wanting Karlsson and helping another team get him by taking on a player they don't want is like driving your crush to her date's place and in return you get a handjob from her brother who needs a ride to the liquor store. fvck that. 

You have really interesting Friday nights. Lol. 

FYI you could have drove him for free and not accepted the handy...

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Stone was the Sens best player last year. there's no way they move him on top of moving Karlsson. No way

We have to get a top player to do this type of trade. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

We have to get a top player to do this type of trade. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

I saw somewhere that talks between Stone and Ottawa were not going well, partially because the team looks like its going into a rebuild and he is 26. He ain't got the time. I also think he filed for arbitration. Anyway, that is why I included him instead of Brayden Point. If Ottawa isn't able to re-sign him they can use him to get more back in the Karlsson deal. Maybe my compensation isn't enough for that, but I'm no expert.

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Ok....well Stone is in the hypothetical deal I proposed.

I get you hate every other team in the league that isnt NJ but if NJ gets better out of the deal then why not? If you sit on the side and let some other team take your place in the talks then you get nothing and 3 other teams get better instead of 2. Tampa is going to be good anyway, who cares if NJ helps them get Karlsson if it also makes our team better? It is worse if they get him and NJ doesn't get anything at all...or double worse if the Rangers end up with a 60pt player like Stone for taking a couple sh!tty contracts they just buyout anyway.

what do you mean i hate every team that isn't NJ ? haha there's only a handful of teams i don't like in the league

And i'm not against being part of the team but it has to be a very good deal. Say your crush as a cute sister or wtv.... lol

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You have really interesting Friday nights. Lol. 

FYI you could have drove him for free and not accepted the handy...

Some severe case of blue balls could make you do anything pal

7 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

We got to be clear here. If we get a player out of a 3 way. We're getting it from Tampa im pretty sure. They are the one that needs to clear their roster to make room from Karlsson. Sens are already stripping their teams by moving Karlsson. They need to get the most out of the deal. Trading one of their best player makes no sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

what do you mean i hate every team that isn't NJ ? haha there's only a handful of teams i don't like in the league

And i'm not against being part of the team but it has to be a very good deal. Say your crush as a cute sister or wtv.... lol

Some severe case of blue balls could make you do anything pal

We got to be clear here. If we get a player out of a 3 way. We're getting it from Tampa im pretty sure. They are the one that needs to clear their roster to make room from Karlsson. Sens are already stripping their teams by moving Karlsson. They need to get the most out of the deal. Trading one of their best player makes no sense.

Sorry I mixed you up with Satans Hockey.

It makes more sense if you're set to lose him for nothing.

• Haha 1

The more I read of these hypothetical trades everyone keeps posting the more I want nothing to do with this trade at all. 
Agreed. Why are we giving up a first rounder for any of the players mentioned not named Karlsson? I hope Ray isn't that dumb when we need our picks. He handed our top picks out like candy last year to pick up players that were not effectice. See Michael Grabner and 2nd rounder.

Maybe we should stand pat.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Agreed. Why are we giving up a first rounder for any of the players mentioned not named Karlsson? I hope Ray isn't that dumb when we need our picks. He handed our top picks out like candy last year to pick up players that were not effectice. See Michael Grabner and 2nd rounder.

Maybe we should stand pat.

If we are giving away our 1st round pick, we need a better payoff than what has been mentioned recently. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If we are giving away our 1st round pick, we need a better payoff than what has been mentioned recently. 

Especially that we are a team that just got out of a rough patch and like many teams who get out of those, sometimes the second season is not as successful and we could find ourselves not making the playoffs or exiting early in the playoffs. Add to that the fact that we don't know much about the overall strength of next year's draft. It would be silly to give our 1st round pick, not make the playoffs or make it and get out in the first round like this year only to find out its a good year to draft with good or very good talent in the first round. 

I feel like unless you are the team trading for Karlsson or another blockbuster of a deal, then you don't give your 1st. You can do that later at the deadline or next summer when the draft is nearing, but not before the season starts when we don't know how this year might go (we're not exactly stacked ala Tampa Bay or Toronto). 

Of all this rhetoric about the Devils being the third team in the deal......................

How about the Devils actually acquiring Karlsson and save themselves the trouble of taking on Callahan's hideous contract?

Why not just get the great player for a bad contract? Not the bad player for a bad contract.

Another question.............. Why should the Devils be in the business of helping out Tampa Bay, a team which their fan base hates? If Shero isn't getting multiple first round picks back, he should tell those two teams to go fvck themselves.

• Like 1