2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

4 hours ago, Derlique said:

It is absolutely a horrible contract. Fleury's deal kicks in when he is 35 and it runs through his 37 year old season. For a goalie who has been largely inconsistent, and relies on athleticism, paying a goalie 7 million aav in his mid-late 30s does not seem like a good gamble.

Not largely inconsistent. And not that big of a gamble. 

Maybe it's the language difference or "maybe" he's an *ss...:P

“When I was making my decision, it was all about hockey because I have three or four years left in my tank where I can really play at a high level,” Kovalchuk said. “L.A. has a great group of guys. Like I said, great goaltending, great defense, and they have one of the best centers in the league. I never had a chance to play with those kinds of guys, so it’s really exciting for me. It’s great.”

https://lakingsinsider.com/2018/07/14/kovalchuk-describes-decision-to-join-kings-modern-nhl-kovy-vs-kings-pics/

• Haha 4
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Maybe it's the language difference or "maybe" he's an *ss...:P

“When I was making my decision, it was all about hockey because I have three or four years left in my tank where I can really play at a high level,” Kovalchuk said. “L.A. has a great group of guys. Like I said, great goaltending, great defense, and they have one of the best centers in the league. I never had a chance to play with those kinds of guys, so it’s really exciting for me. It’s great.”

https://lakingsinsider.com/2018/07/14/kovalchuk-describes-decision-to-join-kings-modern-nhl-kovy-vs-kings-pics/

It's high time I no longer needed to see that Russian troll's name on this board. The miserable POS can enjoy his three months of NHL hockey and ensuing two-and-a-half years battling to come back from a knee injury in the course of his new contract before he retires aka flops himself out of the league.

He's coming back to win the Cup? When it comes to cups he's going to have settle for the one in his pants and a dusty old mug that says "World's #1 Baba." This insignificant douche might not play a single playoff game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

It's high time I no longer needed to see that Russian troll's name on this board. The miserable POS can enjoy his three months of NHL hockey and ensuing two-and-a-half years battling to come back from a knee injury in the course of his new contract before he retires aka flops himself out of the league.

He's coming back to win the Cup? When it comes to cups he's going to have settle for the one in his pants and a dusty old mug that says "World's #1 Baba." This insignificant douche might not play a single playoff game. 

DESERTER!!!  They execute deserters in some countries, don't they?  I guess he lucks out....

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

It doesn’t make a difference.  He could literally turn into the worst goalie in the league this year, and it won’t stop Vegas from doing anything else they plausibly might be in a position to do.  And by that, I mean they could trade for Karlsson and Ryan, give Karlsson $12 million a year for 8 years, and they’ll still have something like $12million in cap space going forward.  

People have to stop thinking of the NHL like a fantasy league where every player is available but only for a price.

As of now, they have about 15 million in cap space.

William Karlsson is due a massive raise right now- likely will get 6.5+. 

Shea Theodore needs a new deal- could get 2+ if they bridge him or 4+ if they give him a Severson deal.

Nosek will likely make at least 1.5 million.

Next year, Nate Schmidt needs a new deal- he will likely get at least 5 or 6 million. Tuch is due next year as well. 

They're in fine shape right now, but things will get dicey soon if they aren't careful, and they arent being careful. 

26 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Kovy's comments were unnecessary.  What a d!ck.

I kind of understand what he's saying. 

Atlanta always had **** goaltending and defense. Marty was largely hit or miss during his tenure here, and the D was solid, if unspectacular. 

But Kovalchuk has played with superstars up front. Savard, Heatley, Hossa, Elias, Parise are veryyyy good players.

Edited by Derlique

42 minutes ago, Derlique said:

I kind of understand what he's saying. 

Atlanta always had **** goaltending and defense. Marty was largely hit or miss during his tenure here, and the D was solid, if unspectacular. 

But Kovalchuk has played with superstars up front. Savard, Heatley, Hossa, Elias, Parise are veryyyy good players.

To me, it’s just typical crap that people say when  they join a new team, that they worded very poorly.,

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean... he never played with a doughty or played wing for a Kopitar in the NHL thats for sure

When Savard was in Atlanta for three years, he had 196 pts in 184 games. He followed that up with a 97 point season in Boston and another ppg season after that. 

Kopitar is better because of his defense but Savard was crazy good for a five year span

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Derlique said:

When Savard was in Atlanta for three years, he had 196 pts in 184 games. He followed that up with a 97 point season in Boston and another ppg season after that. 

Kopitar is better because of his defense but Savard was crazy good for a five year span

Makes you wonder what could have been for his career had Cooke not decided to destroy it.

..though speaking of Cooke and elbows, wonder if we can sign him to a one-day contract for 2/5/2019.

Edit: Jesus I no grammar good.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 3

Apparently Panarin negotiations have hit a halt in Columbus.  I would LOVE to see Panarin in NJ.    How about sending Palmieri, Severson, and a 1st to Columbus for Panarin (with extension)?

4 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Apparently Panarin negotiations have hit a halt in Columbus.  I would LOVE to see Panarin in NJ.    How about sending Palmieri, Severson, and a 1st to Columbus for Panarin (with extension)?

Two things........

1.The Blue Jackets would be fools to trade him to NJ.

2. Do the Devils think Santini is ready for an expanded role just to trade away a RD like Severson?

35 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Two things........

1.The Blue Jackets would be fools to trade him to NJ.

2. Do the Devils think Santini is ready for an expanded role just to trade away a RD like Severson?

Definitely not. 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Not that I wanna do it, but Palmieri and a 1st Rd Pick ain't bad for a guy who seemingly has no desire to re-sign.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't do that trade.  I think Palmieri has developed into one of the heart guys / leaders here - I love having him on this team.

I'd be more inclined to do McLeod + 1st + _______ but I don't think that's even close to getting it done.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Columbus would never trade Panarin in the division. Yes, I know in-division trades happen- but not for that type of player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now I have another reason to hate CBJ moving to the East!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't do that trade.  I think Palmieri has developed into one of the heart guys / leaders here - I love having him on this team.

I'd be more inclined to do McLeod + 1st + _______ but I don't think that's even close to getting it done.

I think Columbus is probably in win now mode at this point so the offer would have to include someone to fill Panarin's spot on the roster you would think.  I kind of agree about Palmieri being a core piece but if you're able to upgrade to Panarin, I would think you would have to pull the trigger.       

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I like Palmieri as much as the next guy, but if Columbus agreed to that trade, I think you have to do it.  It's what's best for the team, even if Palms is indeed a leader and a great guy in the locker room. That said, there's no way they agree to that deal, much less McLeod.  Also, I was assuming there would be a 3rd piece added, most likely a forward prospect, since someone mentioned above that they probably wouldn't want/need Severson.

• Like 1