2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd do that.

Seems like a little too much...really depends on what you think Severson's going to be.  You're giving up two cost-controlled players (Palms has three more years, Severson five) signed to reasonable deals.  I don't really have a problem with Palms and Severson going (though it's not like the Devils have a wealth of reliable defensemen right now)...the Devils are clearly getting the best player in the deal, and you have to give to get.  I'm just not sure about that giving up that first-round pick too (though I don't kid myself...Devils would have to give them something else along with Palms and Severson).  Maybe if Panarin was a few years younger I'd be more willing to give them a 2019 first.

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Palmieri + 2019 1st + Severson for Panarin (under condition that he signs beyond next year).

Id hate to give up Palmieri for sentimental reasons, but also that we really need right wings and he’s a really good player.  If we could substitute Wood, who some teams might find more appealing, id do it in a second.

And Rick Nash on a one or two year deal wouldn’t be a bad idea if he’s healthy.  I figure that Ray was willing to bring back Maroon, he might as well bring in a better player in Nash at an affordable price.

Edited by Daniel

We all know how Devils fans boo those who chose not to sign here (UFA's_then again, Devils fans boo everyone). Do you think Columbus fans will boo Panarin if he takes the ice opening night? If he's still there, I think they will.  All the more reason BJ's need to unload him before camp opens

You have to give to get.  I think Palmieri is the type of player that Torts likes.  Severson is not a bust, but definitely not the second coming of Brian Rafalski.  A first rounder, which should be a mid to late first rounder in 2019 should the Devils make the playoffs, is a jettisonable commodity.  

If Panarin would take 7 years at 7 million per, or even better, 5 years at 8 million per, you have to pull the trigger on the deal and call it a day.

A double scoring threat on the left side. I like Panarin - but the only thing that worries me is his commitment to the team.

2 hours ago, Sharifijanov2099 said:

Think Shero will try anything like recently bought out Troy Bouwer (RW) on a 1-year?  I could see that.

Seems like a stop-gap move, and a bad one at that.  I just don't see Shero making a 1yr deal for an aging player whose skills/production seem to have started to seriously decline.

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Would anyone try to do Severson + McLeod for Kadri or is that an overpayment? Perhaps not enough? 

Who will play defense for this team? Unfortunately damon is one of our top 2 or 3 defensemen.. you would be betting the farm on mirco.

14 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Who will play defense for this team? Unfortunately damon is one of our top 2 or 3 defensemen.. you would be betting the farm on mirco.

Which would be a very risky bet. 

Can’t trade Severson unless it’s an offer too good to refuse. 

Edited by Nicomo

28 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Yeah I guess with Moore not being replaced we have no one. Looks like we kinda have to put our faith in Mirco either way though.

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

Would anyone try to do Severson + McLeod for Kadri or is that an overpayment? Perhaps not enough? 

pass if I'm Toronto.  

I knew we had plenty of cap space I didn't realize we had the lowest spend at this point and are only 1.1M above the floor.  Standing pat this off season is kind of surprising when they had so much room.  For example not bringing back Maroon. "shrugs"

https://www.capfriendly.com/

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

pass if I'm Toronto.  

I knew we had plenty of cap space I didn't realize we had the lowest spend at this point and are only 1.1M above the floor.  Standing pat this off season is kind of surprising when they had so much room.  For example not bringing back Maroon. "shrugs"

https://www.capfriendly.com/

Maroon took less money and term to go to STL to be near his kid.  Nothing the Devils could do there, and the rest of the FA market that made it to July 1 (outside of Tavares) was garbage that got severely overpaid.  Shero is giving the kids a chance to step up here.  Let's hope 1 or 2 does.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Maroon took less money and term to go to STL to be near his kid.  Nothing the Devils could do there, and the rest of the FA market that made it to July 1 (outside of Tavares) was garbage that got severely overpaid.  Shero is giving the kids a chance to step up here.  Let's hope 1 or 2 does.

de Haan was the only real head scratcher to me, with the lack of us putting an offer in.

As we stand now, we need to hope Greene’s game doesn’t continue to freefall off a cliff or someone else step up and take his top pair minutes, we need Lovejoy to have a repeat of last season and Severson to rebound from back to back sub-par seasons.

i don’t think Ray is gonna stand pat with the roster we currently have, but maybe that’s just the optimist in me 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

de Haan was the only real head scratcher to me, with the lack of us putting an offer in.

As we stand now, we need to hope Greene’s game doesn’t continue to freefall off a cliff or someone else step up and take his top pair minutes, we need Lovejoy to have a repeat of last season and Severson to rebound from back to back sub-par seasons.

i don’t think Ray is gonna stand pat with the roster we currently have, but maybe that’s just the optimist in me 

I am almost certain reports were that Devils did submit an offer to De Haan. He took less money because he wanted to live in Carolina.