Derlique

2018 UFA Thread

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol. Not gonna be patient now

WHO IS IT WHO IS IT!???!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's the classic Lou Lams panic signing.

Yikes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleBallofHate said:

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Leo Komarov to the NYI, four years, AAV of $3M. Yearly breakdown is $4M, $3.5M, $2.5M and $2M.

Tavares replaced already. Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, '7' said:

lol. Not gonna be patient now

WHO IS IT WHO IS IT!???!

Rumor on reddit is she's going to announce some personal news. Might be inaccurate, but she eluded to it yesterday as being not hockey related. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Tavares replaced already. Lol

Tavares for Komarov.

The swap is one for one.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Rumor on reddit is she's going to announce some personal news. Might be inaccurate, but she eluded to it yesterday as being not hockey related. 

Oh man, if it's not Devils related she's going to hear about it on twitter.

Foolish to phrase it this way on day 1 of free agency.

• Like 2

Lou really had to go to the ends of the earth to bring Tavares back. Not sure he did. Or even wanted to. Komarov almost seems like an FU now to Isles fans

They still had a great draft through I feel

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Well "dotting the i's" is kind of being intentionally deceptive if all you're going to do is dump personal news on us. Especially on day 1 of UFA

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well her timing isn't off or anything

• Like 1

Isles fans can be pissed at Tavares all they want, but he's waited a decade for that team to give him some kind of help or reason to believe they can compete and Snow had nothing. He earned his right to find a better situation for himself

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, that’s just stupid on Amanda’s part to word it that way on today, of all days.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Have to read things in context; it’s about her own contract. It has nothing to do with free agency. 

Edited by mfitz804

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Well "dotting the i's" is kind of being intentionally deceptive if all you're going to do is dump personal news on us. Especially on day 1 of UFA

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I agree, that’s just stupid on Amanda’s part to word it that way on today, of all days.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looking forward to her "stop bullying me twitter" tweets later this evening.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Still tone-deaf.  Especially to phrase it this way, and imply people are anxious about the news.  Phrasing leads one to think she's talking about.. her job.

I mean, no offense Amanda, but I'm not sitting here impatiently waiting for you to announce something about your personal life.

I'm probably being too harsh but I'm salty about what a quiet and boring day the Devils have had so far.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Still tone-deaf.  Especially to phrase it this way, and imply people are anxious about the news.  Phrasing leads one to think she's talking about.. her job.

I mean, no offense Amanda, but I'm not sitting here impatiently waiting for you to announce something about your personal life.

I'm probably being too harsh but I'm salty about what a quiet and boring day the Devils have had so far.

She’s a team employee. I guarantee she is not going to leak news about free agent signings.

Edited by mfitz804

I get people are anxious today but I have absolutely ZERO problem with what she did. She warned yesterday she had news coming and honestly, I think fans all over Twitter are pretty eager to hear her announcement. Adds some stupid suspense to an otherwise drab day 1 of FA. In general, Amanda announcing personal news won't change who gets signed by the Devils and who doesn't.

10 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

hearing rumors that we are not doing anything this free agency. 

They're probably not accurate since NJ submit offers to Maroon and De Haan and neither has signed anywhere yet. 

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I get people are anxious today but I have absolutely ZERO problem with what she did. She warned yesterday she had news coming and honestly, I think fans all over Twitter are pretty eager to hear her announcement. Adds some stupid suspense to an otherwise drab day 1 of FA. In general, Amanda announcing personal news won't change who gets signed by the Devils and who doesn't.

Yup. And it’s obvious what she meant. If you believe otherwise you didn’t read it in context or you lack common sense. 

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

The Sens have offered a contract to EK.

Wonder if it's a legit offer or just one they can point to and say "eh we tried" once they trade him.