2018 UFA Thread

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Wonder if it's a legit offer or just one they can point to and say "eh we tried" once they trade him.

Who knows. They probably know that convincing him to stay will be difficult with the ship going down in flames.  That said, the whole goal in life is to get an elite 1D so my guess is they want to try and sign him. They also traded away Mike Hoffman, who along with his wife, seemed to have some personal issues with the Karlssons. That could be seen as an attempt to keep EK happy or just generally as part of a larger rebuilding effort. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

I get people are anxious today but I have absolutely ZERO problem with what she did. She warned yesterday she had news coming and honestly, I think fans all over Twitter are pretty eager to hear her announcement. Adds some stupid suspense to an otherwise drab day 1 of FA. In general, Amanda announcing personal news won't change who gets signed by the Devils and who doesn't.

I don't follow her so only seeing what guys post here the tweet posted here looks bad here out of context and could have been easily avoidable if she posted "I am crossing T's and dotting I's" it's free agency day, be a little more intelligent about what you post and at the very least don't be surpised when people are annoyed about it when you intentionally worded it that way.

Bored...boring...disappointed....wha, wha ,wha. I hate it when there is nothing happening on FA day. I sure hope Ray has something up his sleeve other than his arm.  Too many of these weird signings, depth stuff for AHL  

:angry:

Edited by mackchi
Spellcheck
5 minutes ago, mackchi said:

Bored...boring...disappointed....wha, wha ,wha. I hate it when there is nothing happening on FA day. I sure hope Ray has something up his sleeve other than his arm.  Too many of these weird signings, depth stuff for AHL  

:angry:

The biggest additions to our team since Shero has taken over: Taylor Hall, Kyle Palmieri, Sami vatanen, Marcus Johansson, Jesper Bratt, Nico Hischier, Mirco mueller, Will Butcher.

The number of free agents in list: 1.

shut up, sit down, relax, and talk to me in August about how disappointed you are in ray shero. Don’t talk to me 7 hours and 32 minutes after free agency opens.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't follow her so only seeing what guys post here the tweet posted here looks bad here out of context and could have been easily avoidable if she posted "I am crossing T's and dotting I's" it's free agency day, be a little more intelligent about what you post and at the very least don't be surpised when people are annoyed about it when you intentionally worded it that way.

I think she handled the [few] fans who were annoyed with her pretty well. She didn't lash out a la Abbey Mastracco and she apologized for stringing people along. I think she sincerely wanted to share personal news with the fans whom she seems to care about a lot. It's just not that big of a deal and it's all part of keeping Devils fans entertained. 

Could she have been more clear... yeah. 

• Like 1

Gabriel's a bad signing - if you can't get a guy with character who can't score more than 5 goals in the AHL, maybe character is a little overrated.  Other two AHL signings are good.  Only a few contracts today I would've liked the Devils to have signed.

9 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Gabriel's a bad signing - if you can't get a guy with character who can't score more than 5 goals in the AHL, maybe character is a little overrated.  Other two AHL signings are good.  Only a few contracts today I would've liked the Devils to have signed.

No one gives a sh!t.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Puts ROR in a bad spot.  You can't fill Tavares' shoes.  Lamoriello is at it again...trying to fill huge gaps with scotch tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is he supposed to do, just sign one of the dozens of other JT level free agents that are available?? 

He has no choice, he's got to try something. 

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

One wonders whether Zajac would waive his NTC to go to Buffalo.  He wouldn’t be the only piece in an ROR deal, but he makes a ton of sense for Buffalo.  Center who can take on the tough defensive assignments so Eichel and Mittlestadt don’t have to.  His contract ends right when Dahlin’s ELC ends.  

I just hope Ray has the ok from ownership to pay the whole signing bonus.  That’s what having deep pocketed owners is supposed to do.

One wonders whether Zajac would waive his NTC to go to Buffalo.  He wouldn’t be the only piece in an ROR deal, but he makes a ton of sense for Buffalo.  Center who can take on the tough defensive assignments so Eichel and Mittlestadt don’t have to.  His contract ends right when Dahlin’s ELC ends.  

I just hope Ray has the ok from ownership to pay the whole signing bonus.  That’s what having deep pocketed owners is supposed to do.

I think the Sabres are looking for a vet righty D to settle in alongside Dahlin to start the year. I don't see Vatanen being moved, but Severson? Severson and Zajac for a ROR? Maybe better offer from NYI.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

EDIT: The isles are in a worse spot than us on defense

54 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

The biggest additions to our team since Shero has taken over: Taylor Hall, Kyle Palmieri, Sami vatanen, Marcus Johansson, Jesper Bratt, Nico Hischier, Mirco mueller, Will Butcher.

The number of free agents in list: 1.

shut up, sit down, relax, and talk to me in August about how disappointed you are in ray shero. Don’t talk to me 7 hours and 32 minutes after free agency opens.

Ok 

I’m sorry Ray....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Really working on that Binghamton roster today:

Well, I guess that takes us out of the Panarin sweepstakes.

4 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

One more player off the market.

Another blonde...nobody can say our boys don’t have a type. 

• Haha 1

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2018/07/01/Penguins-Rutherford-Blue-Jackets-Kekalainen-war-of-words-Jack-Johnson/stories/201807010156

Gotta say, Rutherford really broke the unspoken rules with his comment. Gotta side with Torts and Kekalainen, don't talk about another team's management decisions. In any case, I don't follow advanced hockey stats much, but looks like they were key to Jack Johnson's signing in Pitt. From the article:

“He was a healthy scratch at the end of the season,” Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford said. “I know the reason why. It wasn’t because of how he was playing.”

Rutherford did not elaborate on why he thought Johnson was a healthy scratch, but his comments apparently irritated Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen, who addressed what Rutherford said while meeting with reporters Sunday.

“I have no idea what [Rutherford] is talking about,” Kekalainen said. “If he thinks it was something else, he knows something that me and [coach John] Tortorella don’t.”

@PierreVLeBrun

Hearing Ryan O'Reilly has been traded to the St. Louis Blues

@TheFourthPeriod 

ROR trade is very fresh, those involved (other than O'Reilly) have not yet been notified.

Islanders made effort, but informed Sabres within last hour they were out of race.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Another blonde...nobody can say our boys don’t have a type. 

You've gotta think one time a hockey player dated a brunette and he was calmly pulled to the side and asked, "What the fvck do you think you're doing?"

• Haha 1