2018 UFA Thread

11 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Let's win the regular season. Not the off-season. Shero is smart, he's got this.

Exactly. I have faith we are not going into this year with last year's lineup minus the guys who left. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I know he dropped off the face of the earth in the second half but is the consensus letting Gibbons walk?

I'm not sure I care. I have the feeling the 1st half was the anomaly, not the second. 

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

This is so goddamn funny that I'm almost surprised that it didn't come from KITB.  Well done. 

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This is so goddamn funny that I'm almost surprised that it didn't come from KITB.  Well done. 

I follow basketball so sparingly that the first thing that popped into my mind was LeBrun and not LeBron.

The Torts salt is hilarious. Why are other people not allowed to question your decisions? Are you above reproach? Get over yourself. People are entitled to their opinions and yea, Pittsburgh has a winning culture. However, I think Johnson meant to say winning pedigree or something to that effect. Check their cups, Br0. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The Torts salt is hilarious. Why are other people not allowed to question your decisions? Are you above reproach? Get over yourself. People are entitled to their opinions and yea, Pittsburgh has a winning culture. However, I think Johnson meant to say winning pedigree or something to that effect. Check their cups, Br0. 

I'm okay with Johnson defending his own play and criticizing (though it's probably better to just shut up), but I thought Rutherford's comments were out of place.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Most July 1 deals wind up looking awful 2 years later, with maybe some exceptions of truly top level talent like JT.  This was a weak UFA class.  Sure, if there was a 27 year old pure RW (or Center) out there of interest, I'm sure we would have been all over it.  I'm not a blind faith in the GM kinda guy, but Shero has built this team the right way so far.  Let's wait and see if there aren't some good value-adds in the coming days and weeks.  If this team can grab Maroon & DeHaan at good prices, we'll be a beater team than last year.  There will inevitably be teams that need to dump salary, and Shero can use our space to pry some good players.  One way or the other, the Devils are not a Cup calibre team at the moment.  We're in the process of building toward that, but it will still be 2-3 more years before we might be a legit threat. 

Most July 1 deals wind up looking awful 2 years later, with maybe some exceptions of truly top level talent like JT.  This was a weak UFA class.  Sure, if there was a 27 year old pure RW (or Center) out there of interest, I'm sure we would have been all over it.  I'm not a blind faith in the GM kinda guy, but Shero has built this team the right way so far.  Let's wait and see if there aren't some good value-adds in the coming days and weeks.  If this team can grab Maroon & DeHaan at good prices, we'll be a beater team than last year.  There will inevitably be teams that need to dump salary, and Shero can use our space to pry some good players.  One way or the other, the Devils are not a Cup calibre team at the moment.  We're in the process of building toward that, but it will still be 2-3 more years before we might be a legit threat. 

That went right over your head, didn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I disagree.  In addition to the protected first rounder, the prospect we would have given up would have been someone like McLeod or maybe Boqvist depending on who Buffalo liked better.  The roster player going the other way could have been Zajac if Ray could have talked him into waiving his NTC.  He actually would have made a ton of sense for Buffalo since they need a center who can take on tough defensive assignments so Eichel and Mittlestadt don't have to.  It wouldn't have been a loss to us, since ROR is a significant upgrade over Zajac. 

I think it's being overlooked that supposedly Buffalo was not interested in trading him within the conference. It was rumored that they asked for 3 firsts from Montreal

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That went right over your head, didn’t it?

I dunno, I think LeBron could confound and rebound and dish and swish with the best of 'em as a Devil...go get 'im Ray! 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Sorry if someone already posted this but I thought it was classy & was happy the official Devils twitter sent this out in response to the Bruins announcement that they signed Moore: 

@NJDevils

New Jersey Devils Retweeted Boston Bruins

The #NJDevils thank John Moore for his contributions on and off the ice for the past three years. We wish the best to John, Elizabeth and Milly, moving forward.

• Like 4

Jacob MacDonald (Binghampton) has signed with the Florida organization - it's a bummer - he had a great season last year in the Bing :  https://www.nhl.com/panthers/news/florida-panthers-agree-to-terms-with-forward-paul-thompson-and-defenseman-jacob-macdonald/c-299371888

ETA: since I'm posting about ex-Devil minor leaguers: 

Devils Insiders Retweeted

Andrew Gross‏Verified account @AGrossNewsdayMore

#Isles have also signed F Matt Lorito, 27, to a two-year deal with a cap hit of $675,000. He's played 2 NHL games for Red Wings. Last season with Grand Rapids (AHL) 23 goals, 26 assists in 59 games. Has also played in Devils' system.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
38 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone actually let's this guy back on an NHL team I hope that team's fan base causes a sh!t fit online to the point where they have to get rid of him because it's a PR disaster. This guy is a complete scum bag and doesn't deserve the privilege of putting on any NHL jersey.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If someone actually let's this guy back on an NHL team I hope that team's fan base causes a sh!t fit online to the point where they have to get rid of him because it's a PR disaster. This guy is a complete scum bag and doesn't deserve the privilege of putting on any NHL jersey.

I haven't seen the details of the expungement and I'm no expert, but I have to imagine the judge saw that husband and wife are still together and that not expunging the record would bring heavy financial injury to the wife as well as the husband. Additionally, the wife is speaking in defense of the husband.

So now the question is, as you imply, does a team bite?