2018 UFA Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He's worth it. 

Silly fool.  Miles Wood needs a new deal.  There’s no way we can deal with both of their cap hits.  And Karlsson’s gonna look real bad in the 2023 season.  Gotta keep our powder dry.

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 1

I feel we're in a very good position to land De Haan.

His role:  He'd be the #1 LD for the NJD, NYR and NYI. He'd be #3 LD in Toronto behind Rielly and Gardiner.

Location:  The fact that he narrowed down his choice to the 3 teams of the NY area AND Toronto means that he either wants to stay in the region or go home.

Success: Toronto is the best team out of the bunch but he'd have a smaller role. While we're the best team out of the NY area and he'd have a bigger role.

Terms & Moola: I'm pretty sure all teams can offer the same thing so i don't think that's going to matter much, it's more about where he wants to be ultimately.

so cmon Calvin. Sign on the damn line.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Silly fool.  Miles Wood needs a new deal.  There’s no way we can deal with both of their cap hits.

Obviously sarcastic but if there's one thing the Devils can do it's hook him up with a sweet deal. But I'm not sure we have the assets [worth sacrificing]  and I'm not sure he'd re-up with us.

Edited by Neb00rs
2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Obviously sarcastic but if there's one thing the Devils can do it's hook him up with a sweet deal. But I'm not sure we have the assets [worth sacrificing]  and I'm not sure he'd re-up with us.

IF we get him then it means that we were one of the interested teams given permission to talk contract extension right? So then we'd have reason to believe that he'd re-up with us.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

IF we get him then it means that we were one of the interested teams given permission to talk contract extension right? So then we'd have reason to believe that he'd re-up with us.

Yes, my phrasing was weird, but my implication is that he won't end up here because he doesn't want to be here long term.

Of course, I don't know that for sure but players of his age and pedigree are usually at the point where they want to join a contender. The Devils can offer a max contract. Other than that I don't see why he joins a team with various missing pieces. Obviously, he's a major piece, but there are more promising destinations for him. 

Edited by Neb00rs
10 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Yes, my phrasing was weird, but my implication is that he won't end up here because he doesn't want to be here long term.

Of course, I don't know that for sure but players of his age and pedigree are usually at the point where they want to join a contender. The Devils can offer a max contract. Other than that I don't see why he joins a team with various missing pieces. Obviously, he's a major piece, but there are more promising destinations for him. 

Yeah I get it but you'd think that whoever trade for him will make sure that they re-sign him right away or else there will be no deal.

That's what i think anyway

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Silly fool.  Miles Wood needs a new deal.  There’s no way we can deal with both of their cap hits.  And Karlsson’s gonna look real bad in the 2023 season.  Gotta keep our powder dry.

Yea but all I said is he's worth the money/term. I never even mentioned New Jersey LOL.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah I get it but you'd think that whoever trade for him will make sure that they re-sign him right away or else there will be no deal.

That's what i think anyway

Well, that's pretty clearly the case.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

There's not that many open spots anyway. 3rd and 4th line RW is up for grab. Everything else is for the established roster players to lose. I'm sure if Ray could have got a good free agent at a good price or a trade that'd make the team better that he would of done it though

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

Although, I still think they have to sign Noesen, right?

Indeed, there is not much room up front. I'd bet my bottom dollar Anderson and McLeod start in Binghamton 

2 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

Indeed, there is not much room up front. I'd bet my bottom dollar Anderson and McLeod start in Binghamton 

yeah he's one of the RFA they need to sign but he may not get a one way deal

Edited by SterioDesign
6 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

I'd be surprised if they burned a year of Anderson's contract to have him start in Binghamton.  That doesn't mean he's made the team, not at all, but I think he'll have to struggle to be sent down.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you’re willing to give Nylander seven years at $8 million AAV, he’s yours.  I’d love to do it, but we don’t have the third rounder.

Edit, apparently neither do the Islanders unless they want to give up four first rounders, which I doubt.  Other option is to reacquire our third from Edmonton.

Edited by Daniel
This confirms for me what Ray’s plan is.   If you thought last year was a youth movement, wait until you see this season. He wants to bring up guys from the AHL and see what they can do. There’s no other reason you wouldn’t give a guy like Gibbons $1 million.
I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.I’m not saying that it’s good or bad, I just have that feeling.
I actually entirely agree with this in theory and in practice. I think the spots are there for the taking in the bottom six with the exceptions being Zajac and Boyle. I'd say Wood still makes it, but the thought of another wave of young players is exciting.

That said, I'm still hoping we're going to get Maroon and de Haan.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you’re willing to give Nylander seven years at $8 million AAV, he’s yours.  I’d love to do it, but we don’t have the third rounder. Edit, apparently neither do the Islanders unless they want to give up four first rounders, which I doubt.  Other option is to reacquire our third from Edmonton. 

The Isles may wait and try and sheet Matthews.... really fvck the Leafs’ cap and make them match something really crazy, like 7/119.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I get this feeling @joeyandy is going to get a good look on 1st or 2nd line on the right side? 

1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

He ain't coming to NJ.

What makes you say that?  

Edit: nevermind replied before I saw your next post.

Edited by Devilsfan118
1 hour ago, Neb00rs said:

Alright, if we're not that a team that has inquired about getting both Karlsson and Ryan.. do I have the majority's permission to be upset?

We could get a generational defenseman for pennies on the dollar if we took and ate Ryan's contract.

This is a no brainer.  You have to explore this.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Alright, if we're not that a team that has inquired about getting both Karlsson and Ryan.. do I have the majority's permission to be upset?

We could get a generational defenseman for pennies on the dollar if we took and ate Ryan's contract.

This is a no brainer.  You have to explore this.

Idc what you're upset at....it won't change anything if we weren't interested in both....could be just interested in 1 or could be none.  I'm sure shero has a plan of what to do and will do so when the time is right.  

50 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri

Johansson-Zacha-Bratt

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen

Wood-Boyle-x

IMO there is not guarantee Coleman and  Noesen make the team next year  I think Shero hoping Andson, Mcleod Speers Quenneville  make a push to make this team.Cause if none of them make the team next year then Shero scouting staff  have not done there job correctly and should be fired