Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Derlique

2018 UFA Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i still don't understand the Dallas love. But good for them i guess

From what I understand, it's tax related. That's why Dallas and Tampa always pop up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

 

 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

This is just the reality for now. The cap is high enough to where superstars can pick to go to ready made contenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm done watching now. NJ doesn't APPEAR active so I'll check back in a couple days instead of refreshing every 30 min like I have been. Then sh!t will probably start happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

From what I understand, it's tax related. That's why Dallas and Tampa always pop up. 

well a few teams have the no federal tax thing sure but you still need to have an appealing team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A team loaded with good defensemen just added another. This opens an opportunity for Ray to strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nessus said:

A team loaded with good defensemen just added another. This opens an opportunity for Ray to strike.

i guess Faulk has been on the block for wtv reasons? Maybe they know he won't re-sign there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Carolina came out of nowhere on that one.  Interesting.

Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm done watching now. NJ doesn't APPEAR active so I'll check back in a couple days instead of refreshing every 30 min like I have been. Then sh!t will probably start happening. 

Yeah it's pretty annoying. We better hope Hall has another MVP year again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess we really aren’t signing any good free agents this year. I hope Ray has something else in mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Guess we really aren’t signing any good free agents this year. I hope Ray has something else in mind. 

well what sucks is that you can have the best GM in the league trying. If the player doesn't want to play on your team. Not much you can do especially with all those teams having a lot of cap space

Not sure why they dont keep the cap stable for a few years to let teams adjust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well what sucks is that you can have the best GM in the league trying. If the player doesn't want to play on your team. Not much you can do especially with all those teams having a lot of cap space

Not sure why they dont keep the cap stable for a few years to let teams adjust.

Part of the job of a GM and his staff is to be able to sell a vision to these players.

Just sayin'.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Shero somehow could snag Pesce from Carolina, that would be amazing, though unlikely. I could see him targeting one of the younger high potential guys that doesn't have much of a shot there (Bean, Fleury) due to being blocked by that abundance of talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Part of the job of a GM and his staff is to be able to sell a vision to these players.

Just sayin'.

are you really blaming Shero here?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, we've essentially whiffed on buffing up the defense via free agency.  On to the next step which a bunch of people here were expecting - a trade.

Outside of Karlsson (which now somehow seems like a longshot) I don't think we'll see a very sexy acquisition.  Some run-of-the-mill top-4 guy is my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't blame Shero here. I guess - I mean they have a super mediocre GM, an unproven coach, compared with what we have. I can't imagine he signed there over us, unless we didn't offer money, term, something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

are you really blaming Shero here?

I'm not necessarily blaming anyone specifically - but obsolving any GM of any responsibility regarding free agency by saying "well players might not want to go to certain places no matter what so what can you do" isn't accurate or fair imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faulk and Krug has been rumoured to be available. im sure there's more out there too.

I'm not sure why but for wtv reasons i always felt like Trouba would be a Devils one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HellOnICE said:

I can't blame Shero here. I guess - I mean they have a super mediocre GM, an unproven coach, compared with what we have. I can't imagine he signed there over us, unless we didn't offer money, term, something else. 

Sometimes it just comes down to location. Who wouldn't want to live in a warm climate? If I had a choice over NJ vs Tampa/Dallas/Carolina/SJ/ANA/LA it wouldn't be close if they were offering the same money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HellOnICE said:

I can't blame Shero here. I guess - I mean they have a super mediocre GM, an unproven coach, compared with what we have. I can't imagine he signed there over us, unless we didn't offer money, term, something else. 

I'm always curious.  But the last time I mentioned that I'd like some sort of word from Shero regarding his plan of attack I was called entitled.

So.. here we are.  Accept the radio silence and move on I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm always curious.  But the last time I mentioned that I'd like some sort of word from Shero regarding his plan of attack I was called entitled.

So.. here we are.  Accept the radio silence and move on I guess.

Whoever called you entitled was correct.  A gm doesnt need to be tweeting his next moves or have a presser about it bc certain people are upset we got nothing in 3 days... He could've been outbid, maybe doesnt want to spend much as to save room for halls massive contact next off season, and nico a yr or 2 later.  He owes the team and fans to make the team better and I'm sure he'll get it done over the offseason Despite you and other negative posters on hfboards saying its game over.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Whoever called you entitled was correct.  A gm doesnt need to be tweeting his next moves or have a presser about it bc certain people are upset we got nothing in 3 days... He could've been outbid, maybe doesnt want to spend much as to save room for halls massive contact next off season, and nico a yr or 2 later.  He owes the team and fans to make the team better and I'm sure he'll get it done over the offseason Despite you and other negative posters on hfboards saying its game over.

 

Right so now I'm a "negative poster", interesting take.

Enough with the talks about Hall and Nico's bridge contract in two years.  We have oodles of cap space, and will have even more at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.