Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Derlique

2018 UFA Thread

Recommended Posts

Hello fello entitled fan!

Hey I’m not even asking for a move! Just throw me a quote or two Ray!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’ll have a big parade for Eric Gryba.

Get the floats ready lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't use twitter, at all, so I don't know how bad it is out there right now with Devils fans whining and bitching.  But, re: the bolded - I'm a little annoyed with this line of thinking. 

I'm obviously in the camp of "slightly confused" as to why we haven't been mentioned with any of the top UFAs.  I think a couple definitely could've helped this team next year, plus getting an asset on a decent contract is always a good thing (for example, maybe getting JVR allows us to shop a guy or two on the left side for a defenseman).  I don't think Shero's trade history prevents one from being slightly disappointed with the team's performance during the free agency frenzy.  The two can be mutually exclusive if you ask me.

That said, I mean, if people are truly doubting Shero then they're probably beyond help anyway (read: stupid). We seem to have a lot of those fans lurking on twitter and /r/devils.

Weren't we in on the JVR discussions? I thought it was us, Boston, Philly, and NYR. 

We are still in the running for Maroon, so that would be nice. 

Not even kicking the tires on DeHaan is a bit disappointing though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't use twitter, at all, so I don't know how bad it is out there right now with Devils fans whining and bitching.  But, re: the bolded - I'm a little annoyed with this line of thinking. 

I'm obviously in the camp of "slightly confused" as to why we haven't been mentioned with any of the top UFAs.  I think a couple definitely could've helped this team next year, plus getting an asset on a decent contract is always a good thing (for example, maybe getting JVR allows us to shop a guy or two on the left side for a defenseman).  I don't think Shero's trade history prevents one from being slightly disappointed with the team's performance during the free agency frenzy.  The two can be mutually exclusive if you ask me.

That said, I mean, if people are truly doubting Shero then they're probably beyond help anyway (read: stupid). We seem to have a lot of those fans lurking on twitter and /r/devils.

Things don't always go the way you want and it's not like it is someone's fault. Just because we haven't heard much doesn't mean people aren't trying to make the team better. Be disappointed, yea it would be nice if one of those guys came to NJ, but they didn't. That's life. I'm a little disappointed too but anyway, fvck JVR.

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Weren't we in on the JVR discussions? I thought it was us, Boston, Philly, and NYR. 

We are still in the running for Maroon, so that would be nice. 

Not even kicking the tires on DeHaan is a bit disappointing though

I read NJ was/are in talks with Carlson, Maroon, JVR, and De Haan. Just a shame none of them wanted to come here. Oh well. sh!t happens. It isn't like Ray is hanging at the Jersey shore with Snookie and just not doing his job lol.

FWIW, that tweet by Mike Morreale said Devils were "not in the running". That doesn't mean that Shero didn't reach out or even give an offer. It just means that De Haan wasn't interested in NJ. I'm much happier Shero closed the door than overpaid the dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Weren't we in on the JVR discussions? I thought it was us, Boston, Philly, and NYR. 

We are still in the running for Maroon, so that would be nice. 

Not even kicking the tires on DeHaan is a bit disappointing though

According to Brian Lawson we were in on DeHaan. So, it’s a moot point anyway. As frustrating as it is not getting JVR and/or DeHaan - you gotta give Andersons and Yakovlevs of the world a chance to push for a spot. Wouldn’t giving a chance getting Bobby Ryan make more sense though since he’s RW as opposed to JVR since two top LWs should be Hall and Johansson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Interesting read to pass the time here on Karlsson/Dallas and the price Dallas would prefer to pay (something around Julius Honka), and the price Ottawa is asking (a deal around Miro Heiskanen). https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-dallas-stars-need-to-keep-miro-heiskanen


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can’t offer anything close to Heskanen.  We could easily beat the proposed Honka deal.  If only we had $40 million in cap space it might make sense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ there’s no way Dallas would ever trade Heiskanen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Jesus Christ there’s no way Dallas would ever trade Heiskanen. 

...but who else could they possibly have on the table if the rumors that they are the leader are true and they're not taking Bobby Ryan back?   Other than getting lucky on two late round picks in Benn and Klingberg, they've drafted like ass for a decade.    Maybe 3 or 4 of Klingberg, Nichuskin, Honka, the dude they just reached for at #13 in the draft and next years 1st?      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Karlsson ends up in Vegas. They can offer a better package than Dallas (think Shea Theodore and Cody Glass).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I still think Karlsson ends up in Vegas. They can offer a better package than Dallas (think Shea Theodore and Cody Glass).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Vegas can more easily take Ryan. Dallas must really be offering something good to even be in the mix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I still think Karlsson ends up in Vegas. They can offer a better package than Dallas (think Shea Theodore and Cody Glass).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think Karlsson ends up in the red and black.

Yeah, I've been pounding Summer shandy all day, but I stand firm in my belief.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And Vegas can more easily take Ryan. Dallas must really be offering something good to even be in the mix.

If Dallas wants Karlsson with no Ryan attached, they’re gonna have to part with Heiskanen. I don’t see any way around that. Another reason to give the nod to Vegas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still think Karlsson ends up in the red and black.
Yeah, I've been pounding Summer shandy all day, but I stand firm in my belief.

Lmfao I applaud your confidence.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:


If Dallas wants Karlsson with no Ryan attached, they’re gonna have to part with Heiskanen. I don’t see any way around that. Another reason to give the nod to Vegas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, and parting with Heiskanen makes no sense to me. Erik Karlsson is a superstar that costs $11+ million  x 7 years against the cap. Heiskanen is a potential star and he's $900K against the cap for three years and won't get a Karlsson type contract for another 8+ years. 

The Star trade for Karlsson and they're in win NOW mode.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, and parting with Heiskanen makes no sense to me. Erik Karlsson is a superstar that costs $11+ million  x 7 years against the cap. Heiskanen is a potential star and he's $900K against the cap for three years and won't get a Karlsson type contract for another 8+ years. 
The Star trade for Karlsson and they're in win NOW mode.

Agreed, I’d never make that trade if I’m Dallas. Who knows, Heiskanen could end up being the next Karlsson, and be in his prime tearing it up while Karlsson moves into the back nine of his career. I wouldn’t take that chance if I was Jim Nill.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:


Agreed, I’d never make that trade if I’m Dallas. Who knows, Heiskanen could end up being the next Karlsson, and be in his prime tearing it up while Karlsson moves into the back nine of his career. I wouldn’t take that chance if I was Jim Nill.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if Dallas trades Heiskanen we'll know what they think about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, if Dallas trades Heiskanen we'll know what they think about him.

We’ll also know their GM isn’t very bright lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting to see how many of you want to go back to Lou's "zero news, zero information" era with the Devils. We'll see if we can pull this one off.
Interesting.
I like how everything is stil hush-hush.

Reminds me of "status quo" but without Shero saying it.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone considered Jake Gardiner in Toronto? He popped into my head because im watching these USA classic games on NHL network.

 

They have Lilegren coming up and is pushing for a roster spot. I think Gardiner and he are LhDmen.

 

Just a thought. We never got free agents under Lou either. You guys should be used to this by now. Players dont want to come here and we have to work overtime to convince them to stay over going home or to bigger markets.

 

EDIT: Lillegren is a rhd and buried in the minors it looks like. Nevermind. I thought they were more stacked in defense. Their bottom pairings dmen are nobody I've heard of.

 

 

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll also know their GM isn’t very bright lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, are you talking about the same GM that absolutely hosed Boston in the Tyler Seguin trade?

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Wait, are you talking about the same GM that absolutely hosed Boston in the Tyler Seguin trade?

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
 

yeah but it was Chiareli... that's like a cripple fight 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeah but it was Chiareli... that's like a cripple fight 
Nill probably has a better scouting and drafting record than what he's given credit for. Dallas is a formidable team since Nill has been there imho

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to get this straight; there were, like 4 good free agents, some who just reupped with their teams and people are upset we haven't made moves? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:


We’ll also know their GM isn’t very bright lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's been made clear. Nill is on his way out if he can't do something soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I still think Karlsson ends up in the red and black.

It’s possible. He could stay in Ottawa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.