2018 UFA Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

I'm not buying the Chris ryan spin, dehaan can't get 4.5mil but andy G can get 5?? Zzzzzzzz I'm not blaming Shero, if players don't want to come over , what can you do...  still frustrating 

Edited by EdgeControl
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I'm not buying the Chris ryan spin, dehaan can't get 4.5mil but andy G can get 5?? Zzzzzzzz I'm not blaming Shero, if players don't want to come over , what can you do...  still frustrating 

From a business perspective its the right move.  Why overpay when you can take advantage of teams with cap problems and get decent/good players that way.  Instead of dealing with 30 other bidders, you're dealing with a small handful which both increases your odds of landing the player and doesn't artificially raise their value with a bidding war.

Trust the process.... but if people want to lose their minds and freak out ala Twitter, hfboards, or Facebook go ahead.... it will change nothing

With cap going up what teams exactly have cap problems to force them giving away good players for pennies on the dollar? Even Johansson last year cost 2nd and 3rd rounder - Devils simply ran out of such picks to offer this year due to Vatman and Grabner trades 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

From a business perspective its the right move.  Why overpay when you can take advantage of teams with cap problems and get decent/good players that way.  Instead of dealing with 30 other bidders, you're dealing with a small handful which both increases your odds of landing the player and doesn't artificially raise their value with a bidding war.

Trust the process.... but if people want to lose their minds and freak out ala Twitter, hfboards, or Facebook go ahead.... it will change nothing

I understand that philosophy,  but upgrading your putrid d Corp with a 4.5 mil purchase isn't killing any future plans.. that's just not accurate..  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

It's almost like some team rep was just f'ing with Єklund (2.3% accurate) just to see if he would actually run with it.    

Idk if this is legit but....

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I understand that philosophy,  but upgrading your putrid d Corp with a 4.5 mil purchase isn't killing any future plans.. that's just not accurate..  

De Haan has missed nearly 2 full seasons since turning pro.  Healthy, that's a bargain.  If he misses 100 games over the course of the contract, less so.  Having an unreliable player on the cap can certainly affect future plans.

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d prefer he go to the west if he isn’t coming to the Devils. And COLUMBUS? Yeah fvck that, if he’s willing to sign there, he damn well better be willing to sign here. I don’t have to go into all the reasons NJ is a better place to live than motherfvcking Columbus, Ohio, so I’m not gonna waste my time. There is NO REASON we should not be involved in these talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio is a perfectly nice place to live. At least Cincinnati and Columbus are. Cleveland otoh...

• Like 1
Ohio is a perfectly nice place to live. At least Cincinnati and Columbus are. Cleveland otoh...

Actually the only two times I’ve been to Ohio, it was NE Ohio (Cleveland and Canton, as both trips were to the Football HOF), and it isn’t bad, it’s a lot nicer than it gets credit for. So I’ll take your word for it that Columbus is nice- but I’m partial to my home state lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, Triumph said:

De Haan has missed nearly 2 full seasons since turning pro.  Healthy, that's a bargain.  If he misses 100 games over the course of the contract, less so.  Having an unreliable player on the cap can certainly affect future plans.

The shoulder is scary, for a defenseman.. no doubt.. but like you said its a bargain for a solid defensive  d-MAN.. something we need ...  I'm not thrilled with what we are going into this season with back there.. not making the Playoffs will be a bit of a setback..  

12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Cool, well there goes that dream.

Not adding a #1C or #1D this offseason.

Here's to Zajac as our 2C boys!

We're 6 days in pal. Literally MONTHS away from training camp. calm down

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Rather have MOJO or Zacha play 2C. Zajac needs to play with the Texans as a shutdown line. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Be fair, our whole defense plays like 1D. 

43228221091_c68b4b895d_b.jpg

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Rather have MOJO or Zacha play 2C. Zajac needs to play with the Texans as a shutdown line. 

I mean I agree in an ideal world Zacha finally steps up and takes the 2C.

Here's hoping.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We're 6 days in pal. Literally MONTHS away from training camp. calm down

I'll elaborate for you - it seems like the readily available options are off the table.

The ones that made sense.

44 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Not to worry, Lou only strapped us to Zajac until the year 2025 at $6.5 mil per season and a NTC. It was a solid investment. Ditto for Greene. 

• Like 1