Jump to content

2018 UFA Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:


He’s an insurance policy, like last year. It really doesn’t mean anything. You think Lack is getting that much? He’s probably making around $850,000. It’s a drop in the bucket.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but on a 2 way deal he’d get like 110k while in the AHL. I mean you’re right, it doesn’t matter, but I don’t understand why you’d pay a guy NHL wages when the expectation is he will play in the AHL, and there’s the option of a two way deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah but on a 2 way deal he’d get like 110k while in the AHL. I mean you’re right, it doesn’t matter, but I don’t understand why you’d pay a guy NHL wages when the expectation is he will play in the AHL, and there’s the option of a two way deal. 

A one way deal is probably the only way he would have signed now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

as for d. don't sign moore and I will call it a good day. 

According to the crack reporters over at the NY Post, our top 6 D are all set. I really hope that is not true. 

https://nypost.com/2018/06/30/devils-have-the-money-to-keep-momentum-going-in-free-agency/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the second time I've seen this the past few days... I guess it would get us a 3rd rounder next year anyway... 

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod 

Contracts talks between the Anaheim Ducks and Adam Henrique are still in the early stages, but they’re working on an extension.

 

And this BIG news: Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 

Dalton Prout extension contract with the Flames. One year deal at $800 000 (one way) #tvasports

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

This is the second time I've seen this the past few days... I guess it would get us a 3rd rounder next year anyway... 

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod 

Contracts talks between the Anaheim Ducks and Adam Henrique are still in the early stages, but they’re working on an extension.

Just don't see how Rico fits in here with the money he's going to want.

Maybe we can get him on the next contract to play Zajac's current role.

...or we can get rid of Zajac and bring Rico back right away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I really hope we get jvr. I think he will fit right in. 

maroon would be nice as well. 

as for d. don't sign moore and I will call it a good day. 

 

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

This is the second time I've seen this the past few days... I guess it would get us a 3rd rounder next year anyway... 

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod 

Contracts talks between the Anaheim Ducks and Adam Henrique are still in the early stages, but they’re working on an extension.

 

And this BIG news: Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 

Dalton Prout extension contract with the Flames. One year deal at $800 000 (one way) #tvasports

Our D is set without Moore. We need to bring in someone better for the top pair but have plenty of players to fill Moore's slot. Rumor is he is getting a pay day to and we don't need to get in a bidding war for him. Let him walk. 

Boo Rico. I'm still in the come home Rico camp. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just don't see how Rico fits in here with the money he's going to want.

Maybe we can get him on the next contract to play Zajac's current role.

...or we can get rid of Zajac and bring Rico back right away.

Zajac isn't going anywhere. He's one of our best defensive forwards and top face off guys. True role guy. Idk why people suggest he's the next guy out. I thought he did a good job proving why he's so important after he settled in last season. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Zajac isn't going anywhere. He's one of our best defensive forwards and top face off guys. True role guy. Idk why people suggest he's the next guy out. I thought he did a good job proving why he's so important after he settled in last season. 

I’ve been a harsh critic of Zajac, but just because he had been used wrong for years. I do not want him as my 1C. He’s fine as a 3C. But I think he’s our 2C. 

I do not want him off the team. The only guy I feel that way about is our captain.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looks like JVR back to Philly:

 

 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

fvck him. I hope he rapes their cap and his career tanks. It probably won't, but a Devils fan can hope. fvck him all the same. I thought there was a strong possibility of this because I remember reading how close JVRs family was with people in the Flyers org even for years before he made it to the NHL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

fvck him. I hope he rapes their cap and his career tanks. It probably won't, but a Devils fan can hope. fvck him all the same. I thought there was a strong possibility of this because I remember reading how close JVRs family was with people in the Flyers org even for years before he made it to the NHL.

Cherry Hill born and raised IIRC. 

Flyers territory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of an odd signing by Philly.  Doesn’t seem like they have a problem scoring goals, and it should be even less of a problem as Patrick and Konecny get better.  Guess they have the cap space, so might as well use it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.