2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

4 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

This is literally the first offseason people are complaining about this, compared to other sports the NHL has the best system. Lower taxes are just those team's lure, just like the Original 6 has that lure, LA has the big market lure, different teams have different appeals and that's just one that the non-traditional markets have. Different guys want different things in free agency, not every guy is chasing pure money so the attraction of less taxes has less weight on certain multi-millionaires.

This, this, and more this.

30 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

This is literally the first offseason people are complaining about this, compared to other sports the NHL has the best system. Lower taxes are just those team's lure, just like the Original 6 has that lure, LA has the big market lure, different teams have different appeals and that's just one that the non-traditional markets have. Different guys want different things in free agency, not every guy is chasing pure money so the attraction of less taxes has less weight on certain multi-millionaires.

I disagree, but no biggie. I've always thought state tax laws were always somewhat involved in decisions.  Can be extra millions of dollars.

Rumor has it Tyler Seguin is on the block.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Also, see the tax conversation above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will not because it’s ridiculous. He signed there because they are a juggernaut. Like others have pointed out, Panthers have the same tax advantage (which is not new, even though it’s the thing to complain about this year), and yet they still ice a steaming pile of turds every year. 

I will not because it’s ridiculous. He signed there because they are a juggernaut. Like others have pointed out, Panthers have the same tax advantage (which is not new, even though it’s the thing to complain about this year), and yet they still ice a steaming pile of turds every year. 

Uh... I was just saying that he signed for $9.5 because it’s the equivalent of making 11 somewhere else. It all evens out. That was my point. I agree with you that complaining about it is ridiculous. I’m the one who referenced the Panthers too.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Uh... I was just saying that he signed for $9.5 because it’s the equivalent of making 11 somewhere else. It all evens out. That was my point. I agree with you that complaining about it is ridiculous. I’m the one who referenced the Panthers too.

That's fine, I'm glad we agree. ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Kucherov's deal seems lower than it ought to be. I'm thinking that was done intentionally so they can bring in Karlsson and win several Cups. 

9.5M AAV equates to 12M AAV in New York.

He got his money, and Tampa gets a superstar on a very cheap deal.

Yet people still play in other States, why is that?

I refuse to listen to people bitch about this. The tax situation has been this way since time immemorial. It’s nothing new at all. Get over it and move on.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I refuse to listen to people bitch about this. The tax situation has been this way since time immemorial. It’s nothing new at all. Get over it and move on.

It's only news on this board for the first time this year because 1) Tampa is building a potentially dynasty level team, and 2) they eliminated us in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

It's only news on this board for the first time this year because 1) Tampa is building a potentially dynasty level team, and 2) they eliminated us in the playoffs. 

It’s like people just woke up and realized Florida has no state income tax.... yeah, it’s only been that way since, ya know, forever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Alright boys, have fun discussing this thrilling offseason amongst yourselves. 

I'll be back when there's actual news to discuss, don't let me interrupt your circlejerk here. ;)

Can two people have a circle jerk? I would think that takes more people. Two people would basically just be jerking in a straight line between two points. 

We should do it in Florida so we get more superstar jerkers to join us. 

• Like 2

giphy.gif&key=681ede966f8fdc07b7b6fe0c362c82e85b89bb86e9b6b55d825d01f09511f7e7
Alright boys, have fun discussing this thrilling offseason amongst yourselves. 
I'll be back when there's actual news to discuss, don't let me interrupt your circlejerk here. [emoji6]

See ya in the fall. [emoji14]

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Good signing by them...locked up long term, and at a pretty reasonable price, considering what he's done the last couple years. 

Also, my oldest step-son works at that restaurant :)   

I sent the picture to my son, and he told me served him last night :lol:  Didn't know who he was, I probably wouldn't either.  Said his girlfriend was really hot, and there were some others as well.  None of the girls spoke any English.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Can two people have a circle jerk? I would think that takes more people. Two people would basically just be jerking in a straight line between two points. 

We should do it in Florida so we get more superstar jerkers to join us. 

While funny, that was pretty harsh lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I sent the picture to my son, and he told me served him last night :lol:  Didn't know who he was, I probably wouldn't either.  Said his girlfriend was really hot, and there were some others as well.  None of the girls spoke any English.

I hope NK didn't tip him less because he knew he wouldn't have to pay State taxes. 

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

While funny, that was pretty harsh lol.

Harsh but funny is kind of my thing. But only kind of funny. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

You just made a post to tell everyone that you weren't going to make a post. 

In all fairness, you kind of have to do that to let people know you're done with the conversation.  It's not like when you're face to face with someone and you can just walk away without saying anything, because they say you walk away.  If he didn't say that, it doesn't give the same effect, and we just assume he either read the message and conceded, or perhaps didn't read it and is just busy doing other things. 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

In all fairness, you kind of have to do that to let people know you're done with the conversation.  It's not like when you're face to face with someone and you can just walk away without saying anything, because they say you walk away.  If he didn't say that, it doesn't give the same effect, and we just assume he either read the message and conceded, or perhaps didn't read it and is just busy doing other things. 

Of course, by continuing to post about it, did you really leave the conversation??

;)