2018 UFA Thread

Yet people still play in other States, why is that?

I refuse to listen to people bitch about this. The tax situation has been this way since time immemorial. It’s nothing new at all. Get over it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I refuse to listen to people bitch about this. The tax situation has been this way since time immemorial. It’s nothing new at all. Get over it and move on.

It's only news on this board for the first time this year because 1) Tampa is building a potentially dynasty level team, and 2) they eliminated us in the playoffs. 

• Like 1
It's only news on this board for the first time this year because 1) Tampa is building a potentially dynasty level team, and 2) they eliminated us in the playoffs. 

It’s like people just woke up and realized Florida has no state income tax.... yeah, it’s only been that way since, ya know, forever.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Alright boys, have fun discussing this thrilling offseason amongst yourselves. 

I'll be back when there's actual news to discuss, don't let me interrupt your circlejerk here. ;)

Can two people have a circle jerk? I would think that takes more people. Two people would basically just be jerking in a straight line between two points. 

We should do it in Florida so we get more superstar jerkers to join us. 

• Like 2
giphy.gif&key=681ede966f8fdc07b7b6fe0c362c82e85b89bb86e9b6b55d825d01f09511f7e7
I'll be back when there's actual news to discuss, don't let me interrupt your circlejerk here. [emoji6]

See ya in the fall. [emoji14]

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Good signing by them...locked up long term, and at a pretty reasonable price, considering what he's done the last couple years. 

Also, my oldest step-son works at that restaurant :)   

I sent the picture to my son, and he told me served him last night :lol:  Didn't know who he was, I probably wouldn't either.  Said his girlfriend was really hot, and there were some others as well.  None of the girls spoke any English.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'll be back when there's actual news to discuss, don't let me interrupt your circlejerk here. ;)

You just made a post to tell everyone that you weren't going to make a post. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Can two people have a circle jerk? I would think that takes more people. Two people would basically just be jerking in a straight line between two points. 

We should do it in Florida so we get more superstar jerkers to join us. 

While funny, that was pretty harsh lol.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I sent the picture to my son, and he told me served him last night :lol:  Didn't know who he was, I probably wouldn't either.  Said his girlfriend was really hot, and there were some others as well.  None of the girls spoke any English.

I hope NK didn't tip him less because he knew he wouldn't have to pay State taxes. 

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

While funny, that was pretty harsh lol.

Harsh but funny is kind of my thing. But only kind of funny. 

Edited by mfitz804
Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

You just made a post to tell everyone that you weren't going to make a post. 

In all fairness, you kind of have to do that to let people know you're done with the conversation.  It's not like when you're face to face with someone and you can just walk away without saying anything, because they say you walk away.  If he didn't say that, it doesn't give the same effect, and we just assume he either read the message and conceded, or perhaps didn't read it and is just busy doing other things. 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

In all fairness, you kind of have to do that to let people know you're done with the conversation.  It's not like when you're face to face with someone and you can just walk away without saying anything, because they say you walk away.  If he didn't say that, it doesn't give the same effect, and we just assume he either read the message and conceded, or perhaps didn't read it and is just busy doing other things. 

Of course, by continuing to post about it, did you really leave the conversation??

;)

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

On the contrary, maybe he tipped more!

By your logic, he could have tipped him less and STILL tipped him more!!

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That is NOT my logic, but, technically, it is logical.

Well on the day he signed a $76 million contract, I think we can all agree, he better not have been cheap lol. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Image result for facepalm gif

Really wish nothing happens to piss you and a few other entitled ones who need/demand updates on shero hourly both here and on the minor league hf boards

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well on the day he signed a $76 million contract, I think we can all agree, he better not have been cheap lol. 

No doubt. I asked him what he tipped but he wasn't sure.  He said he seemed nice, but they were seated at a secluded table that is basically private seating where you are waited on without any words exchanged - they basically serve you without interrupting.  He said it was pretty clear they were talking business, but obviously couldn't understand them.  I asked if there was any champagne, apparently they had rose and another bottle of something obscure.  

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Maybe the tax situation wasn't on the players radar like it is now?

Plus back in the day players didn't have to pay a chunk of their paycheck to put into Escrow as per the CBA.  After the 2012 lockout, the amount they get back from escrow has gotten even smaller so yeah players are now focusing more and more of where they can scrape as much $ as they can including looking closer at state income tax advantages/disadvantages.

Plus back in the day players didn't have to pay a chunk of their paycheck to put into Escrow as per the CBA.  After the 2012 lockout, the amount they get back from escrow has gotten even smaller so yeah players are now focusing more and more of where they can scrape as much $ as they can including looking closer at state income tax advantages/disadvantages.

Tax situations not on the radar of rich people? Surely you jest lol.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

The fact that they can't deduct the vast majority of their state and local taxes from their federal taxes might have brought it into the forefront also.

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the players have it on their radar more now than before. But the issue I am talking about isn't players complaining about it, its fans complaining that its "unfair". Whether it is or isn't, it has always been there. 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Tax situations not on the radar of rich people? Surely you jest lol.

1000% agree. Even as we speak Kucherov is trying to figure out how he is going to shelter as much of that $9.5m annually as he can. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The fact that they can't deduct the vast majority of their state and local taxes from their federal taxes might have brought it into the forefront also.

I am NOT a tax attorney. How much of the State and Local gets written off?

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Can someone post the tax hit for salary scale of nj? If you are bored maybe compare it to the other nhl provinces

Yeah because if anything is a cure for boredom, its tax tables!

• Like 1