2018 UFA Thread

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t see what his sexual preference has to do with anything. We accept all people here.

(WIt, that’s not Latin for...never mind). 

Excuse me cis scum, it's 2018 get with it.

Real talk - what is a cis scum?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hey, way to insert yourself into a conversation that didn't involve you and completely miss the tone of the stuff you attempted to interpret!

It's called a message board.  A public message board.  Anyone can sign-up and enter the conversation without fee. 

I apologize if I misread the situation, but sentences like;

"And FWIW, HFboards, sadly, blows this place out of the water as far as discussion is concerned.  It's got its crazies, no doubt, but there are some really smart people over there in the Devils subforum.  It's really sad - I used to hate that place and thought this site was the premiere place to talk NJ hockey.  No longer the case since most of the people who actually seemed to know their stuff stopped posting here.  We're left with the.. uh.. "personalities" which are fun in doses.  No real discussion here though, mostly an echo chamber of sorts."

"
'member when you actually used to contribute something to this board?  I 'member.  Barely."

"Legit though, I miss when you actually used to post thoughts here instead of trying to police the boards with your "wit".

It comes off as you attacking the board and the people here.  Don't blame me for how you present yourself in a online forum.

• Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

It's called a message board.  A public message board.  Anyone can sign-up and enter the conversation without fee. 

I apologize if I misread the situation, but sentences like;

"And FWIW, HFboards, sadly, blows this place out of the water as far as discussion is concerned.  It's got its crazies, no doubt, but there are some really smart people over there in the Devils subforum.  It's really sad - I used to hate that place and thought this site was the premiere place to talk NJ hockey.  No longer the case since most of the people who actually seemed to know their stuff stopped posting here.  We're left with the.. uh.. "personalities" which are fun in doses.  No real discussion here though, mostly an echo chamber of sorts."

"
'member when you actually used to contribute something to this board?  I 'member.  Barely."

"Legit though, I miss when you actually used to post thoughts here instead of trying to police the boards with your "wit".

It comes off as you attacking the board and the people here.  Don't blame me for how you present yourself in a online forum.

He said that??? I got your “personalities”...

41521802530_1d0f5f8439_b.jpg

• Like 1

Hfboards is one step ahead of the nj.com comment section. I don’t know how anyone who posts there frequently can maintain a job because the site a mosh pit of ADHD mixed with people who love hearing themselves talk. There are quality posts, but you have to waste a nose ton of time sifting through the massive sea of sh!t to get to them. 

In addition, too much group think. The moderation is facism and if you disagree with the “in” crew you are made out to be an idiot. 

Njdevs 4 lyfe. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Hfboards is one step ahead of the nj.com comment section. I don’t know how anyone who posts there frequently can maintain a job because the site a mosh pit of ADHD mixed with people who love hearing themselves talk. There are quality posts, but you have to waste a nose ton of time sifting through the massive sea of sh!t to get to them. 

In addition, too much group think. The moderation is facism and if you disagree with the “in” crew you are made out to be an idiot. 

Njdevs 4 lyfe. 

The board that did a poll where Brodeur finished outside the top 5 goalies of all time...yeah, nuff said. 

I can’t even lurk there anymore (the site itself is terrible now), and there’s plenty of very knowledgeable people here. I think DF118 deep down would agree, he’s just a bit pissed off atm. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

member when you actually used to contribute something to this board?  I 'member.  Barely.

What has Florida done to you?  Or at least I think you're the guy in Florida - could be getting you mixed up with another loudmouth here.

Legit though, I miss when you actually used to post thoughts here instead of trying to police the boards with your "wit".

Whoa buddy, I was joking with someone who I thought I got along with pretty well on here.

I spend a good amount of time putting thought into quite a few of my posts. You can go read through my history, if you’d like. Or don’t, I’m not that worried about it. 

I find myself to be terribly un-witty.

EDIT: haha, I read the rest of your post. Yikes. I recognized your username on reddit; they downvote nearly everything you say into oblivion. So they hate you on Reddit, you hate all of us here, and you also hate HF boards. This seems like one of those cases where a girlfriend says she’s had “seven sh!tty boyfriends”... makes you wonder if she’s just a sh!tty girlfriend?

also, I’m a millennial too; please don’t lump me in with that silly argument you made. Now let me get back to my avocado toast.

Edited by Kinkyisth3b3st
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Whoa buddy, I was joking with someone who I thought I got along with pretty well on here.

I spend a good amount of time putting thought into quite a few of my posts. You can go read through my history, if you’d like. Or don’t, I’m not that worried about it. 

EDIT: haha, I read the rest of your post. Yikes. I recognized your username on reddit; they downvote nearly everything you say into oblivion. So they hate you on Reddit, you hate all of us here, and you also hate HF boards. This seems like one of those cases where a girlfriend says she’s had “seven sh!tty boyfriends”... makes you wonder if she’s just a sh!tty girlfriend?

also, I’m a millennial too; please don’t lump me in with that silly argument you made. Now let me get back to my avocado toast.

he's right though. Stop policing the boards will ya. There can only be one sheriff in town and it's my town :P 

Edited by SterioDesign
6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Re the new tax, it’s basically taxing all income above $5 million at 10 % where it was a few percent lower.  So for someone like Hall it means probably $400k less than what he would have made before the increase.

Prior to this year you could deduct most of your state income tax and property tax from your income for federal taxes.  Now it’s only $10k, which means guys who play for the Devils are probably paying more in taxes than they used to.  

Re Maroon, supposedly Ray was interested in signing him, but couldn’t top what St Louis gave him?  Gotta think something big is coming, just have no idea what it is.

Actually they are in all likelihood subject to the alternative minimum tax. I won't bother to explain it, but these guys don't get any deduction for state taxes anyway. The new 10.5% NJ tax rate only applies to people earning over $5 million per year. Taxes are too complicated to discuss here.

• Like 2

Uhh, yikes @ the latest messages in this thread.  So  how bout that Eric Gryba?  I hear he's really gotten into shape, lost 20 lbs of fat, added 50 lbs of pure muscle, watched and mastered every Gretzky hockey video ever, and is poised to become the next Erik Karlsson (negating any need for NJ to be involved in that discussion).  

Woah I actually stepped away for a bit and I came back to some interesting stuff going on. Thank god Devilsfan118 didn't leave when he said he was going to, we would have missed out on some prime off season entertainment. 

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, point said:

Actually they are in all likelihood subject to the alternative minimum tax. I won't bother to explain it, but these guys don't get any deduction for state taxes anyway. The new 10.5% NJ tax rate only applies to people earning over $5 million per year. Taxes are too complicated to discuss here.

Ha! I thought about saying tax matters should be run by Point before I decided to play CPA/tax attorney.  But at least I got the 10.5% over $5 million correct.

And I got an A in law school on income tax, but still did not understand the AMT then, and I don’t understand it now.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Daniel said:

And I got an A in law school on income tax, but still did not understand the AMT then, and I don’t understand it now.

“Alternate” means your accountant wears an “A” on the upper left of his suit jacket. Pretty sure that’s right. 

Minimum means it’s less. 

Either way it sounds awesome!!

10 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Njdevs 4 lyfe. 

A thousand times this.  I first registered there a LONG time ago, close to 16-17 years or so, and I never posted regularly for most of those exact reasons.  Even back then, the quality and content of posts was a huge mixed bag, with the overwhelming majority being people who were very immature, cared more about what they had to say and being heard rather than engaging in actual intelligent dialogue, the group of rulers that presides over the forum has always been clique-ish and it's hard to feel welcome and a part of any real community or dynamic over there.

I completely disagree with the idea that the quality or substance of the content and posts here is in any way shape or form inferior to the stuff over at HFBoards.  If anything, I think it's the opposite.  Granted it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison, because that site is a general hockey site, whereas this site is, for the most part, dedicated to a specific team, but we essentially talk all types of hockey as well, especially in the off-season when there's a lot of league-wide topics to discuss and less so about our individual team.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

The policing schtick is getting old, that was my admittedly long-winded point.  I've generally enjoyed talking with you over the years, for sure.

I mean besides the fact that what you said isn't generally true on /r/hockey, I have no problems not getting along with the facebook-tier posters in /r/devils.  I have nooo problem going against the groupthink there - downvotes be damned.

And I said I like HFboards, not hate it.  Not the main board (read: second Leafs board), but the Devils sub-forum.

9 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Woah I actually stepped away for a bit and I came back to some interesting stuff going on. Thank god Devilsfan118 didn't leave when he said he was going to, we would have missed out on some prime off season entertainment. 

Image result for al pacino just when i thought i was out gif

11 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Njdevs 4 lyfe. 

See that's what I used to think too.  The main board is still at that point at times.  Especially with 'Leafs Nation' bombarding every thread over the past week since JT signed.

But the Devils sub-forum has a ton of long-time season ticket holders and hockey nerds.  You have to sift through the crap but there's generally speaking a pretty good discussion to be had if you look in the right places.  I don't at all agree that it's on the same tier as facebook/nj.com/reddit.

The mod team in the main board is obnoxious though, no doubt there.  

9 hours ago, Sharifijanov2099 said:

Uhh, yikes @ the latest messages in this thread.  So  how bout that Eric Gryba?  I hear he's really gotten into shape, lost 20 lbs of fat, added 50 lbs of pure muscle, watched and mastered every Gretzky hockey video ever, and is poised to become the next Erik Karlsson (negating any need for NJ to be involved in that discussion).  

Boredom is a hell of a drug.

Edited by Devilsfan118
12 hours ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Me?

NO sorry, should have been more clear- I was talking about the twitter account you linked, which is clearly some guy who has no insider knowledge whatsoever, he just wants attention and clicks.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

NO sorry, should have been more clear- I was talking about the twitter account you linked, which is clearly some guy who has no insider knowledge whatsoever, he just wants attention and clicks.

Lol, ok. Yes, his Twitter is like if he makes a million guesses, he'll eventually might get close to a deal

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Njdevs 4 lyfe. 

Actually this is a thing here too and almost anywhere but people only notice it when they're not in the "in" crew. It's an echochamber really and confirmation bias tells you that you're right since everyone is saying the same and people with different ideas are "clearly" wrong. 

forgot the username just look at buddy who posts stats after every game.  He's quite harmless but made out to be an idiot every time. And that's just one example

Edited by SterioDesign