Jump to content

2018 UFA Thread


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Actually this is a thing here too and almost anywhere but people only notice it when they're not in the "in" crew. It's an echochamber really.

forgot the username just look at buddy who posts stats after every game.  He's quite harmless but made out to be an idiot every time. And that's just one example

If you’re talking about Mike Brown; you’re missing a bunch of his “I am so much smarter than the coach, and if you don’t agree with the stat I just posted it’s bexause I’m smarter than you are and you don’t know how to interpret these numbers” posts. I’m not sure we have an “in” crew here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Actually this is a thing here too and almost anywhere but people only notice it when they're not in the "in" crew. It's an echochamber really and confirmation bias tells you that you're right since everyone is saying the same and people with different ideas are "clearly" wrong. 

forgot the username just look at buddy who posts stats after every game.  He's quite harmless but made out to be an idiot every time. And that's just one example

The difference in your example, is that the people who make jokes at that guy's expense (Mike Brown is who you're referring to I believe) are not people who run the forum, but rather just regular members.  At HFBoards, there are definitely regular members who take part in general harassment and debauchery, but there's also a band of people who actual have control over the site/forums itself that do it as well.  

When someone gets made fun of here like in your example, it's just an opinion.  In the case of MB, it seems to be a popular opinion, but it's still an opinion none the less.  At HFBoards however, it's essentially made into law, because of the people involved.  I could be wrong, but I don't see DevilMinder, msweet, or any of the other Admins here taking part in any of that.  Hell, for the longest time I didn't even know who the Admins here were, because I hardly ever saw them post.  I still couldn't tell you who any of the Mods are, or if we even have any.  They seem non-existent, in a good way.  I've been a member are other forums were staff members abused their power similar to HFBoards, and it's just annoying and silly.  This place, essentially running and policing itself, is refreshing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

If you’re talking about Mike Brown; you’re missing a bunch of his “I am so much smarter than the coach, and if you don’t agree with the stat I just posted it’s bexause I’m smarter than you are and you don’t know how to interpret these numbers” posts. I’m not sure we have an “in” crew here.

Believe it or not, I think Mike Brown takes most of what's thrown at him in a good natured manner. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The difference in your example, is that the people who make jokes at that guy's expense (Mike Brown is who you're referring to I believe) are not people who run the forum, but rather just regular members.  At HFBoards, there are definitely regular members who take part in general harassment and debauchery, but there's also a band of people who actual have control over the site/forums itself that do it as well.  

When someone gets made fun of here like in your example, it's just an opinion.  In the case of MB, it seems to be a popular opinion, but it's still an opinion none the less.  At HFBoards however, it's essentially made into law, because of the people involved.  I could be wrong, but I don't see DevilMinder, msweet, or any of the other Admins here taking part in any of that.  Hell, for the longest time I didn't even know who the Admins here were, because I hardly ever saw them post.  I still couldn't tell you who any of the Mods are, or if we even have any.  They seem non-existent, in a good way.  I've been a member are other forums were staff members abused their power similar to HFBoards, and it's just annoying and silly.  This place, essentially running and policing itself, is refreshing.

Oh don't get me wrong HF is horrible and NJDevs is amazing. I was banned for posting a Kovalchuk meme to mock Jets fans on HF

As for my example it wasn't the best one but i simply don't want to bring my best example and open a can of worms, its unecessary. But there's indeed posters with privileges here over others. I just know things you don't i guess. This place is obviously amazing and im just saying there"s "in crew" everywhere, it's just hard to see in some case, its certainly not a knock on NJDevs

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Believe it or not, I think Mike Brown takes most of what's thrown at him in a good natured manner. 

He totally does. Because he's programmed to. ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@JulieRobenhymer  Shero meeting with the media at #NJDevCamp Said he offered Maroon more money/term than he got in STL, but admires him for the reason behind his decision to go there and be closer to his son.

Shero on staff/management departures: If other teams want what you have, you know you’re doing something right. Part of building a winning organization is also grooming people & putting them in a position to move up and move on to different roles. We’re happy for them. #NJDevils

Shero: We’re really proud of what we did last year, but we had 97 points & made the playoffs by one point. We know we can’t stand still. It’s about making progress & we’re focused on doing that & sticking to the plan & give the guys in our system a chance to earn a spot #NJDevils

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
@JulieRobenhymer  Shero meeting with the media at #NJDevCamp Said he offered Maroon more money/term than he got in STL, but admires him for the reason behind his decision to go there and be closer to his son.
Shero on staff/management departures: If other teams want what you have, you know you’re doing something right. Part of building a winning organization is also grooming people & putting them in a position to move up and move on to different roles. We’re happy for them. #NJDevils
Shero: We’re really proud of what we did last year, but we had 97 points & made the playoffs by one point. We know we can’t stand still. It’s about making progress & we’re focused on doing that & sticking to the plan & give the guys in our system a chance to earn a spot #NJDevils

RAY LIVES!!!!! [emoji14]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

@JulieRobenhymer  Shero meeting with the media at #NJDevCamp Said he offered Maroon more money/term than he got in STL, but admires him for the reason behind his decision to go there and be closer to his son.

I personally don't think that less term was the best idea career wise, but credit the guy for prioritizing his kid. Good luck to him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

 

Oh don't get me wrong HF is horrible and NJDevs is amazing. I was banned for posting a Kovalchuk meme to mock Jets fans on HF

As for my example it wasn't the best one but i simply don't want to bring my best example and open a can of worms, its unecessary. But there's indeed posters with privileges here over others. I just know things you don't i guess. This place is obviously amazing and im just saying there"s "in crew" everywhere, it's just hard to see in some case, its certainly not a knock on NJDevs

Gotcha, well if there are indeed "in" circles here (and there very well may be), then I really don't know about it, and it's just a further testament to this place/people and the fact that it's able to operate without much interference.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest problem with HF is the moderation. I really only go over there for the season ticket holder discussions, simply because we don't seem to have a ton of them on here and they also talk more about upgrades of the surrounding area of the arena. 

When I post I want to see Kovy have a season ending injury and see Santini smash him through the glass into the 10th row and that gets edited cause it's "wishing harm on someone" then yeah your moderation is a bit ridiculous. Now I really hope it happens so I can talk about it over there lol 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
My biggest problem with HF is the moderation. I really only go over there for the season ticket holder discussions, simply because we don't seem to have a ton of them on here and they also talk more about upgrades of the surrounding area of the arena. 
When I post I want to see Santini injury Kovy and smash him through the glass into the 10th row and that gets edited cause "wishing harm on someone" then yeah your moderation is a bit ridiculous. Now I really hope it happens so I can talk about it over there lol 

The moderation over there is why I never signed up. If I can’t speak my mind, fvck that. There are a bunch of tools over there I’d be all over regularly (one of which being that Devils Dominion dipsh!t who thinks he’s he should be running the team, and constantly second guesses every player we draft and every move we make), but I’d get banned immediately by the gestapo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never really read HF boards - don't like the look of them / too many Ads. I do read AATJ (all about the jersey / used to be in lou we trust), including the comments - but only post here - lucky you! :lol:

ETA: I think I read this board for 10 years before I started posting though... 

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@cmasisak22 

#NJDevils Ray Shero also said they talked to JVR’s camp. Didn’t get in on Calvin de Haan. Said they haven’t been active on July 1 since he’s been here, will continue to look for ways to improve if they come up.

Ray Shero said they are still working on replacements for Geoff Ward and Ryan Clowe. Could happen as soon as next week. Said what they’re looking for is different b/c John Hynes + Alain Nasreddine have grown/improved/etc as NHL coaches.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a stupid random question mid-summer for discussion sake: if Ottawa said we'll trade you EK (no extension so he might not re-sign) for Taylor Hall... would you do it?  Obviously Ottawa wouldn't do it (even though he spent his formative years there, he also might not re-sign) since they're doing a burn it down rebuild but just for sh!ts & grins - would you do it? 

Image result for coffee talk meme

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Just a stupid random question mid-summer for discussion sake: if Ottawa said we'll trade you EK (no extension so he might not re-sign) for Taylor Hall... would you do it?  Obviously Ottawa wouldn't do it (even though he spent his formative years there, he also might not re-sign) since they're doing a burn it down rebuild but just for sh!ts & grins - would you do it? 

Image result for coffee talk meme

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Just a stupid random question mid-summer for discussion sake: if Ottawa said we'll trade you EK (no extension so he might not re-sign) for Taylor Hall... would you do it?  Obviously Ottawa wouldn't do it (even though he spent his formative years there, he also might not re-sign) since they're doing a burn it down rebuild but just for sh!ts & grins - would you do it? 

Image result for coffee talk meme

No. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

I've heard a lot of people say Karlsson is top 5/top 10 in the League. Where would you put Hall?  (FWIW, no way I would do that trade either.) 

Well, considering Hall’s the reigning MVP I think he’s put himself into that top 10 tier. And judging from his comments he plans to stay there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a stupid random question mid-summer for discussion sake: if Ottawa said we'll trade you EK (no extension so he might not re-sign) for Taylor Hall... would you do it?  Obviously Ottawa wouldn't do it (even though he spent his formative years there, he also might not re-sign) since they're doing a burn it down rebuild but just for sh!ts & grins - would you do it? 
61593386.jpg&key=cac51b591bc79530f0e9c386bb81763db1d6921159274443288dcba222c08018

22b2757133e23aa42e146a6101c4a52a.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are probably fewer than 5 players in the entire league i’d trade Taylor Hall straight up for, and Erik Karlsson isn’t one of them. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
There are probably fewer than 5 players in the entire league i’d trade Taylor Hall straight up for, and Erik Karlsson isn’t one of them. 

What about Adam Larsson? [emoji14]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.