2018 UFA Thread

13 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Yeah. Could also be an issue with translation if it was in Russian

Or poor English skills if it wasn’t in Russian. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so fvcking livid about this FA period. LeBron signed in LA? Really? Wtf, is Ray doing anything? If I find out Ray didn't even call his agent to inquire about coming to NJ I'm going to be pissed. 

I like to tell people I’m an architect, Art Vandeley.

Others have already hit on this note, but no. Hallsy is younger, healthier, and is coming off his 1st career Hart trophy, certainly wouldn't trade him for Karlsson. The list of players I'd trade Hall

Posted Images

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean... he never played with a doughty or played wing for a Kopitar in the NHL thats for sure

When Savard was in Atlanta for three years, he had 196 pts in 184 games. He followed that up with a 97 point season in Boston and another ppg season after that. 

Kopitar is better because of his defense but Savard was crazy good for a five year span

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Derlique said:

When Savard was in Atlanta for three years, he had 196 pts in 184 games. He followed that up with a 97 point season in Boston and another ppg season after that. 

Kopitar is better because of his defense but Savard was crazy good for a five year span

Makes you wonder what could have been for his career had Cooke not decided to destroy it.

..though speaking of Cooke and elbows, wonder if we can sign him to a one-day contract for 2/5/2019.

Edit: Jesus I no grammar good.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 3

Apparently Panarin negotiations have hit a halt in Columbus.  I would LOVE to see Panarin in NJ.    How about sending Palmieri, Severson, and a 1st to Columbus for Panarin (with extension)?

4 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Apparently Panarin negotiations have hit a halt in Columbus.  I would LOVE to see Panarin in NJ.    How about sending Palmieri, Severson, and a 1st to Columbus for Panarin (with extension)?

Two things........

1.The Blue Jackets would be fools to trade him to NJ.

2. Do the Devils think Santini is ready for an expanded role just to trade away a RD like Severson?

35 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Two things........

1.The Blue Jackets would be fools to trade him to NJ.

2. Do the Devils think Santini is ready for an expanded role just to trade away a RD like Severson?

Definitely not. 

5 hours ago, Marshall said:

Columbus are pretty set on D, especially on the right side. They'd ask for forwards coming back.

Not that I wanna do it, but Palmieri and a 1st Rd Pick ain't bad for a guy who seemingly has no desire to re-sign.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Not that I wanna do it, but Palmieri and a 1st Rd Pick ain't bad for a guy who seemingly has no desire to re-sign.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't do that trade.  I think Palmieri has developed into one of the heart guys / leaders here - I love having him on this team.

I'd be more inclined to do McLeod + 1st + _______ but I don't think that's even close to getting it done.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Columbus would never trade Panarin in the division. Yes, I know in-division trades happen- but not for that type of player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now I have another reason to hate CBJ moving to the East!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't do that trade.  I think Palmieri has developed into one of the heart guys / leaders here - I love having him on this team.

I'd be more inclined to do McLeod + 1st + _______ but I don't think that's even close to getting it done.

I think Columbus is probably in win now mode at this point so the offer would have to include someone to fill Panarin's spot on the roster you would think.  I kind of agree about Palmieri being a core piece but if you're able to upgrade to Panarin, I would think you would have to pull the trigger.       

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I like Palmieri as much as the next guy, but if Columbus agreed to that trade, I think you have to do it.  It's what's best for the team, even if Palms is indeed a leader and a great guy in the locker room. That said, there's no way they agree to that deal, much less McLeod.  Also, I was assuming there would be a 3rd piece added, most likely a forward prospect, since someone mentioned above that they probably wouldn't want/need Severson.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You’re crazy! :P

I like Palms a lot, but the idea of having Hall, Nico, and Panarin on the same team would be too good to pass up. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You’re crazy! :P

I like Palms a lot, but the idea of having Hall, Nico, and Panarin on the same team would be too good to pass up. 

I think my random outburst last week confirms that.

And true enough, that is one crazy trio.

Edited by Devilsfan118
2 minutes ago, Derlique said:

Would you give Palmieri and Bratt for Panarin. You're giving up a top-6 RW and a probable top 6 player. I think I would, but that is probably the return CBJ is looking for.

I would do it, but I would certainly not think I stole him at that price. 

Assuming the extension, of course. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I would do it, but I would certainly not think I stole him at that price. 

Assuming the extension, of course. 

Yeah, I think that's a fairish deal. Bratt has 6(?) more years of cost control, and Palmieri is a good bet for 50 points, 25-30 goals.

1 hour ago, Derlique said:

Yeah, I think that's a fairish deal. Bratt has 6(?) more years of cost control, and Palmieri is a good bet for 50 points, 25-30 goals.

Looking at it rationally, you have to pull the trigger on that deal.  I don’t love the idea of trading Palmieri for sentimental reasons.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Looking at it rationally, you have to pull the trigger on that deal.  I don’t love the idea of trading Palmieri for sentimental reasons.

Agree with the above completely.  The Devils are getting the best player in this deal, with what should be a nice chunk of productive seasons left.  Most on here know how much I like Palms, but I can't see him ever matching Panarin's overall production.  And Bratt is far from a sure thing, but like you say, he's cost-controlled for quite some time.

BUT, I only do this if Panarin is re-signed to an extension. 

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Columbus would never trade Panarin in the division. Yes, I know in-division trades happen- but not for that type of player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 way trade with a team in the west. Anaheim and NJ have a good relationship historically. We can totally work together and fvck Columbus over. 

• Like 1