Sign in to follow this  
John Wensink

Is there a trade with Toronto now?

Is there a center or any forward we could trade for? Don't know the makeup of the Leafs too well. Figure they will have to have cap problems soon.

1 minute ago, sokar said:

Severson would be the player going the other way

SOLD.

• Like 1

What about something around Severson for Kadri? Didn’t he take some bad penalties in their series with Boston? He might be the one they look to move. I’ve always liked him and he’d be a great 2C to keep Zajac on the 3rd line and Hischier in the 1st. Zacha or McLeod could be tradeable then too.

24 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

What about something around Severson for Kadri? Didn’t he take some bad penalties in their series with Boston? He might be the one they look to move. I’ve always liked him and he’d be a great 2C to keep Zajac on the 3rd line and Hischier in the 1st. Zacha or McLeod could be tradeable then too.

He's on a sweetheart deal and Kyle Dubas won't trade a guy because he took three dumb penalties.

1 minute ago, Marshall said:

He's on a sweetheart deal and Kyle Dubas won't trade a guy because he took three dumb penalties.

Yeah but now they have Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, and Kadri down the middle and a need for defense.

1 minute ago, Jerzey said:

Yeah but now they have Tavares, Matthews, Nylander, and Kadri down the middle and a need for defense.

Nylander plays wing. 

13 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Nylander plays wing. 

I always thought their plan was to put him in the middle eventually. 

Wonder if TOR would be willing to trade some good young players for EK and go all in for the Cup this year?

1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

I always thought their plan was to put him in the middle eventually. 

It's been talked about on and off since it's his natural position pre-NHL and they've tried him there from time to time, but just about everyone (including Babcock) prefers him with Matthews since they're deadly together.  And Nylander probably prefers it too, considering he'd get lesser linemates/play elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Wonder if TOR would be willing to trade some good young players for EK and go all in for the Cup this year?

I might just bail on the NHL for a year if this took place.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

They have made trades before, but unless Toronto offers something insane (Marner and Nylander) or Melnyk wants to spite his fan base even more, there’s no way Ottawa hands Toronto a Cup. 

3 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

They can't afford JT, Matthews, Nylander and Marner. I'd go for Marner personally. It'll take alot. They need Defense bad.

Um...we need defense bad.

• Like 1

The Maple Leafs have 13.6 million in cap space they are fine,  If they do have cap problems they will just trade Nathan Horton contract away

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I might just bail on the NHL for a year if this took place.

It still wouldn't mean they would win anything.... Look at how many times some of the best teams bomb out in the playoffs. 

32 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Yes we do. I didn't say anything regarding our defense.

Wasn't the implication that we'd give up assets for a forward? Possibly a d-man?

8 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Wasn't the implication that we'd give up assets for a forward? Possibly a d-man?

Maybe Shero could work some magic? Without moving something to significant. Personally, Vat and Butcher are the only 2 defensemen I wouldn't move.