NJ Devils 2018-19 Development Camp Starts July 10th

Neb00rs

10 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Seems like we have alot of interesting talent down below. A few should really push for a spot this year. Is Smith a candidate to make the roster this year?

Nope. At least 2 years away iirc. 

• Thanks 1

Dude's not going to bulk up properly on Cinnamon Toast Crunch :lol:

@amandacstein:  #NJDevils Ty Smith was just asked what he can cook. He answered "Cereal". His favorite is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. #NJDevils #NJDevCamp

FWIW: @ChrisRyan_NJ:  Red wins 5-4  My three stars: 1-Ty Smith  2-Blake Speers  3-Jeremy Davies

ETA:  @cmasisak22:  Final score was 5-4 Red team (2-1 in 5v5 play). Ty Smith had 3 goals, Colton White had 1 and Eetu Pakkila had 1 for Red. Believe Reilly Walsh, Marian Studenic, Yegor Sharangovich and Colby Sissions scored for the White team.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
posterity

16 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I could see Smith challenging for a spot in 2019.  No reason to assume he can't.

Yeah, I could see him definitely challenging in a year. I actually would not be surprised if he gets a very long look in camp this year, getting into some preseason games, but electing to send him back. Of course, Hynes will keep him if he earns him, but I hope they err on the side of caution with Smith. Baring trades, locks will be: Severson, Vatanen, Butcher, Greene. 

This is a big year for Mueller and Santini. Mueller is in the last year of his two-year deal and should get an extended look. Santini, I'm not very high on but he should get his fair share of games. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, LittleBallofHate said:

Enjoyed this article about Bobo - especially when he was a kid hanging around the team & Lou: https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/son-of-stanley-cup-winning-devil-chasing-nhl-dream/

And this pic of a young Bobo & his sis that he posted is awesome :evil:  it's great they're both still playing hockey.

I enjoyed his instagram photos. (not meant as an insult but he looks like a young V. Putin) :-)  i think he'll be signed to ato at years end by someone, hopefully us.

Enjoyed this - Eric Weinrich's thoughts on some of our college prospects - he loves him some Hellickson: 

"He was the biggest surprise for me because I never saw any video of him. He was drafted in a late round in his second time through the draft. One of our scouts, Jim Mill, told me a lot about him and he was really excited. Then, when I saw him play, I was really impressed. He has a pretty complete game right now and he's on one of the top teams in college hockey and he contributes every night, plays a lot of minutes and is really reliable. So every time I see him I'm looking for flaws in his game and there really aren't many. He's a strong skater, pivots well, keeps it simple and his coaches really speak highly of him. He's got a great work ethic. So I think he might be one of the steals in the draft for us and I think a lot of other people are starting to see that too.

His first pass might be his biggest strength and out of all our guys he might be the best one at it and, playing in the NHL, making a good first pass is half the battle. Then he has the ability to cover a lot of ground and keeps pucks alive and gets to loose pucks quick. I just really like the way he plays and I've told a lot of our scouts that this kid might be our best prospect at this point out of all the college guys." 

Whole article: https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-rich-in-ncaa-prospect-pool/c-299500968