FF2018 Draft Finished!

CRASHER

I'm all for removing kickers completely.... this also frees up that extra roster spot

Also we're missing a few check-in's here, people I know are back:

me, Laflamme, Brian, LCB, Masked, red, Ayl, Manta

Looks like everyone confirmed....but didn't check in.... I'd like to start the draft Monday (we can put that to Wednesday though)  too.... oy vey......

We wouldn't gain another roster spot...    the "Bench" size would stay the same... we'd just lose the K position.

Kickers this past season influenced some games...  I like the randomness of it; and I like losing the point for missed extra points as another monkey wrench.

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LOTCB said:

All kidding aside, I am ok with the kicker spot staying.

As for champion picking draft position 1st I say no.

Vote in the PROPER THREAD DAMMIT 😛

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

We wouldn't gain another roster spot...    the "Bench" size would stay the same... we'd just lose the K position.

Kickers this past season influenced some games...  I like the randomness of it; and I like losing the point for missed extra points as another monkey wrench.

No CRASHER was right this time. If you have 15 total roster spots and nine starters including a kicker that makes six bench spots but if you take the kicker away you only have eight starting spots which would make seven bench spots

10 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

No CRASHER was right this time. If you have 15 total roster spots and nine starters including a kicker that makes six bench spots but if you take the kicker away you only have eight starting spots which would make seven bench spots

Ok; I'll relent there.
But I think that should be another vote if we drop kickers.   That changes the game beyond just dropping the only aspect where the foot touches the ball in football :)

Also... when is the draft order selection coming out?     We are approaching closer to this weekend than last weekend now.

21 hours ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

Looks like it's time to dust off my NJDevs account again.

1) Waivers - will get back to that, on the fence.  We're basically shifting the advantage to the bottom teams in the league vs. the people who watch the games every week , but I find myself with less time than usual to watch games each week.

2) Champion-pick - no.  Any drama we take out of the draft process is a non-starter for me.

3) PPFD - I'm all for adding stats and upping scores, as well as wacky scoring things.  I'd be a yes on that.

Also proposing:

4) Remove all extra point scoring for kickers - when Scott and I (Because I did this in my league) originally did this, it was because you really sucked if you missed XP's.  Now it's expected, and I'm not a fan after a few years.  I would also vote for "no kickers' as well if there's interest in that, but let's start with the less radical of the two options.

My son is in, I'll have him check the board and vote...

1) I'll go yes on the waiver change, I honestly would never have agreed in the past, but I just have not been able to watch as many games as I used to..

2) I say yes on champion chooses his draft spot.

3)no, cannot be just for WR

4) No freakin way, why would we eliminate a stat that actually counts toward the real score in the game?

3 hours ago, redruM said:

My son is in, I'll have him check the board and vote...

1) I'll go yes on the waiver change, I honestly would never have agreed in the past, but I just have not been able to watch as many games as I used to..

2) I say yes on champion chooses his draft spot.

3)no, cannot be just for WR

4) No freakin way, why would we eliminate a stat that actually counts toward the real score in the game?

There's a separate thread for voting --- there's also another vote for extra IR slot for OUT players

For #3- I'm confused.   It would be for receiving first downs (ie RB, WR, TE) but not for the QB that threw the first down.  That's how it is currently, except we reward all receptions regardless of production ---  ie even if you catch a pass for -3 yards - it's still a benefit to you since you get +.5 for the catch   -.3 for the yards  (+0.2 net)...  when really, that's a negative play.

Edited by aylbert

Well now we move on to the pre-draft order and you can declare your keeper when you do as well.... yay.... pre-draftery!!!

Outlaws is on the pre-clock!

1. Brian: Picks 1st (keeps Kareem Hunt with 3rd rounder)
  2. Laflamme: Picks 2nd (keeps Jerick McKinnon with 15th rounder)
  3. Outlaws: Picks 12th (keeps Antonio Brown with 1st rounder)
  4. Revis: Picks 3rd (keeps Case Keenum with 15th rounder)
  5. Me: Picks 4th (keeps Alvin Kamara with 15th rounder)
  6. Manta: Picks 6th (keeps David Johnson with 1st rounder)
  7. Big Blue: Picks 5th (keeps Stefon Diggs with 9th rounder)
  8. Aylbert: Picks 7th (keeps Zeke with 2nd rounder)
  9. Masked: Picks 11th (keeps Julio Jones with 1st rounder)
  10. LOTCB: Picks 8th (keeps Christian Mccaffery with 3rd rounder)
  11. Red: Picks 10th (keeps Dashawn Waston with 15th rounder)
  12. Hasan: Picks 9th (keeps Zach Ertz with 8th rounder)
Edited by NJDevs4978

Geez you spell my name wrong (it's one S) AND give me the last choice lol

Might as well just lock in the TE and not worry about it during the draft...keeping Zach Ertz with an 8th.

The other keepers from the last thread:

https://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/135590-njdevs-fantasy-football-2017-smack-talk/&do=findComment&comment=1393938

Wake me out of hibernation when we start the draft.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, CRASHER said:

Well now we move on to the pre-draft order and you can declare your keeper when you do as well.... yay.... pre-draftery!!!

Outlaws is on the pre-clock!

Brian: Picks 1st
Laflamme: Picks 2nd (keeps Matt Ryan)

Outlaws: Chooses 3rd
Revis: Chooses 4th
Me: Chooses 5th
Manta: Chooses 6th
Big Blue: Chooses 7th
Aylbert: Chooses 8th
Masked: Chooses 9th
LOTCB: Chooses 10th
Red: Chooses 11th
Hassan: Chooses 12th

BTW Matt Ryan was x'ed out without a round title, meaning he was kept the previous year and has to go back into the draft this year.

I have Dion Lewis  and Josh Gordon available cheap if anyone is looking for a 15th round keeper going in the ADP 60 or so.

I also have one of Gurley (1st) and Elliott (2nd) depending where I wind up.      Nice way to add top 3 overall talent at the bottom of the 1st or 2nd round if you’re so positioned.   

This is an easy choice (even though I like being more in the middle of the draft.... ) ..... I'll take #4 and obvious keeper is obvious.... I gots me a Kimura lock!!! 

We eagerly await the Purple Haze ........