FF2018 Draft Finished!

CRASHER

Well with the draft a bit over a month away (egads.....) I guess it's time to dust off this place and start the pre-season schtick, eh???

Any rules or scoring changes and all that nifty stuff should be starting about now.....the league was renewed already.....and nice to see y'all check in to say you're alive....as we get the most annoying 18 days of your lives ready to roll with this draft!!! ARE YE WITH ME?!?!?!? Yarrrrr???

Edited by NJDevs4978

12 hours ago, aylbert said:

My annual vote to move free agents to waivers after game time to avoid injury poaching.

This doesn't prevent poaching....if anything it gives the lower teams on the waiver wire MORE time to poach

11 hours ago, aylbert said:

Also, I think this years winner should be able to select their draft position.

hrrrmmmm.....awful big coincidence here......

On 7/11/2018 at 10:42 PM, CRASHER said:

This doesn't prevent poaching....if anything it gives the lower teams on the waiver wire MORE time to poach

Poach was maybe the wrong word; I meant snipe.   I'm in favor of giving all teams the opportunity to put a claim in.

And I didn't say for this draft (which would be bias for sure) - but for THIS year's winner should be able to select their draft slot.

On 7/15/2018 at 12:19 PM, VivaLaFlamme said:

is it time to panic that we wont finish in time yet

No we're still panicking that we won't START on time still......

On 7/13/2018 at 10:31 AM, aylbert said:

Poach was maybe the wrong word; I meant snipe.   I'm in favor of giving all teams the opportunity to put a claim in.

And I didn't say for this draft (which would be bias for sure) - but for THIS year's winner should be able to select their draft slot.

It is poaching. A guy who happens to be watching a game who is nowhere near the bottom of the waiver wire snags an injury replacement = poaching. fo sho.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:42 PM, CRASHER said:

I think you need a dictionary.

I'm for the Ayl waiverwire rule as well.

Don't care about the "picking" thing.

5 hours ago, Masked Fan said:

It is poaching. A guy who happens to be watching a game who is nowhere near the bottom of the waiver wire snags an injury replacement = poaching. fo sho.

When you can explain to me how it's any different then "well the guy above me in the waiver wire is gonna need this guy so I'm gonna make a claim on him to screw him"  we'll talk, but it doesn't matter y'all ain't getting 6 votes for it anyway :)

On 7/22/2018 at 9:08 AM, CRASHER said:

When you can explain to me how it's any different then "well the guy above me in the waiver wire is gonna need this guy so I'm gonna make a claim on him to screw him"  we'll talk, but it doesn't matter y'all ain't getting 6 votes for it anyway :)

The waiver priority slot is a commodity if you use it right.    Each in-game pickup becomes a value proposition.    Is it worth giving up your waiver slot for the fourth string RB?  If so, sure, burn it... but then when another situation comes around - you'll be last in to grab the other guy.   

Currently, if you're watching the Thursday game, London games, early, afternoon and night games and MNF...   you can make split second decisions on a whim (and then when you decided against it, you drop them and they go to waivers).     I'm not saying put them on waivers for a week; but give it a day after for everyone to catch up as opposed to rewarding those who have the ability to hawk each game in real time.

There is literally no cost to pick anyone up intra-game besides the offsetting opportunity cost in the drop.    Right now we only use waivers for roster crunching drops / boneheaded drops.   Why not make it more valuable?

On 7/22/2018 at 9:08 AM, CRASHER said:

<_<

:doh1:

Let's see...  Season starts Thurs 9/6.    Using 17 days of drafting brings us to to Tuesday Aug 21 which is conveniently right after the completion of Week 2.   Ideally I'd prefer to start Round 1 on Monday Aug 20.

So that gives us these next two weeks plus to get the rules, draft order and keepers in place.    

Unless Crasher's Gen Con vacation decided to f*** with everything I'd imagine those dates are pretty close to where we are headed.

Some rule changes I'd like to propose:

1) Move free agents to waivers after game starts

2) League champion (this upcoming season) gets first draft selection slot

NYPost just had an article about this one... and I'm on board:

3) DROP .5 PPR; Add in 1 (or .5)  PPFD.     Value first downs over receptions for no or minimal gains.

3 hours ago, aylbert said:

Some rule changes I'd like to propose:

1) Move free agents to waivers after game starts

2) League champion (this upcoming season) gets first draft selection slot

NYPost just had an article about this one... and I'm on board:

3) DROP .5 PPR; Add in 1 (or .5)  PPFD.     Value first downs over receptions for no or minimal gains.

4) Also, reading through... there was talk of adding a 2nd IR spot since OUT counts as IR

On 8/6/2018 at 8:55 AM, redruM said:

the PPFD thing, is that for any 1st down?  do QBs get a point for a 1st down on a pass? do defenses get -1 for 1st downs on a penalty?

I believe Yahoo treats it as just a receiving stat.    So if you catch a ball that nets a first down, it's rewarded.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:48 PM, Masked Fan said:

i know they used to call a touchdown a first down. Do they count?

From what I’ve read, a touchdown by rule isn’t a first down...  so it wouldn’t effect the TD scoring points.

I don't really like this whole "first down points" idea, yahoo is unreliable as it is and that's not a Stat that is easily tracked, now that I'm unpacked from Gen Con and all I will try to get my sh&#33;t together and get the pre-draft order out this weekend

Looks like it's time to dust off my NJDevs account again.

1) Waivers - will get back to that, on the fence.  We're basically shifting the advantage to the bottom teams in the league vs. the people who watch the games every week , but I find myself with less time than usual to watch games each week.

2) Champion-pick - no.  Any drama we take out of the draft process is a non-starter for me.

3) PPFD - I'm all for adding stats and upping scores, as well as wacky scoring things.  I'd be a yes on that.

Also proposing:

4) Remove all extra point scoring for kickers - when Scott and I (Because I did this in my league) originally did this, it was because you really sucked if you missed XP's.  Now it's expected, and I'm not a fan after a few years.  I would also vote for "no kickers' as well if there's interest in that, but let's start with the less radical of the two options.

2 hours ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

Looks like it's time to dust off my NJDevs account again.

1) Waivers - will get back to that, on the fence.  We're basically shifting the advantage to the bottom teams in the league vs. the people who watch the games every week , but I find myself with less time than usual to watch games each week.

2) Champion-pick - no.  Any drama we take out of the draft process is a non-starter for me.

3) PPFD - I'm all for adding stats and upping scores, as well as wacky scoring things.  I'd be a yes on that.

Also proposing:

4) Remove all extra point scoring for kickers - when Scott and I (Because I did this in my league) originally did this, it was because you really sucked if you missed XP's.  Now it's expected, and I'm not a fan after a few years.  I would also vote for "no kickers' as well if there's interest in that, but let's start with the less radical of the two options.

1) Yes on waivers

2) No on champ getting pick

3) meh. Not if it is just for receivers.

4) Keep kickers same. all for a deduction for missing XP's and close FG's