Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Joe Benigno accuses of sexual harassment

Recommended Posts

Carton and Evaaaan....Evan and Cart!

Not happening but, this stuff about Joe does not come across as a surprise. None of this stuff shocks me when it comes out in any business

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carton and Evaaaan....Evan and Cart!
Not happening but, this stuff about Joe does not come across as a surprise. None of this stuff shocks me when it comes out in any business

Evan and No Joe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, '7' said:

Carton and Evaaaan....Evan and Cart!

Not happening but, this stuff about Joe does not come across as a surprise. None of this stuff shocks me when it comes out in any business

Carton and Benigno would be something an unsavory backwater station would do

But yeesh I don’t see how he ever works another day at WFAN. Too bad cause he and Evan were entertaining. Maybe Evan can partner with one of the midday hosts displaced after Francesa’s return and the other two can just do the two hour show.

Must be awkward for Evan now being on the air when this breaks.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yikes...was Joe ever on the air today? 

And of course, some are automatically taking the woman accusing him at her word.  No one can tell me that some people who aren't fired don't decide to get "revenge" (the woman in question was let go), and let's face it, in today's society with the way things have become, all a woman has to do is cry "Sexual harassment!", and everyone immediately assumes that it must have happened and that there's substance to it.  I'm not trying to discount what this woman said happened...just more that I'd like to see if Joe's truly guilty of actual sexual harassment (and if he is, then he absolutely has to face the music, and pay the price). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Carton and Benigno would be something an unsavory backwater station would do

But yeesh I don’t see how he ever works another day at WFAN. Too bad cause he and Evan were entertaining. Maybe Evan can partner with one of the midday hosts displaced after Francesa’s return and the other two can just do the two hour show.

Must be awkward for Evan now being on the air when this breaks.

Reminds me a bit of the Opie and Anthony situation where Anthony was fired and Opie and Norton had to do the show the next day. But at least there were two of them. They should've had someone on with Evan today for support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yikes...was Joe ever on the air today? 

Fortunately he was supposed to be on ‘vacation’ till tomorrow, that would have literally been something else in terms of awkward. Evan had to address it in the open by saying he couldn’t address the story out there for legal reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe is probably already huddling with his agent preparing a solo podcast or something. Whatever these guys do once they get disgraced and things blow over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Carton and Benigno would be something an unsavory backwater station would do

But yeesh I don’t see how he ever works another day at WFAN. Too bad cause he and Evan were entertaining. Maybe Evan can partner with one of the midday hosts displaced after Francesa’s return and the other two can just do the two hour show.

Must be awkward for Evan now being on the air when this breaks.

Going back to my previous post, is this woman a former disgruntled employee deciding to get back at the company that canned her, or is this a legit lawsuit with merit?  There is that chance that the accuser is full of sh!t...just ask the Duke lacrosse team.  And if it turns out that she's proven not to have a real case, Joe should get to keep his job.  But yeah, zero case to be made for him if he did what she's accused him of. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Going back to my previous post, is this woman a former disgruntled employee deciding to get back at the company that canned her, or is this a legit lawsuit with merit?  There is that chance that the accuser is full of sh!t...just ask the Duke lacrosse team.  And if it turns out that she's proven not to have a real case, Joe should get to keep his job.  But yeah, zero case to be made for him if he did what she's accused him of. 

Sometimes they're legit, other times they're not.  As the saying goes, you can sue a ham sandwich.  Joe doesn't strike me as a rich guy who can retire immediately, and I imagine he's extremely proud of getting to where he is from being just a regular guy.  Meaning, he's not like most guys at the station that had a career in broadcasting before moving to hosing a radio show.  FAN is going to have a good idea of who the accuser is and whether her allegations will ultimately stand up.  If Beningo isn't fired immediately, that'll tell you their view on the matter.  Still, they may have no choice if angry calls are flooding in, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Sometimes they're legit, other times they're not.  As the saying goes, you can sue a ham sandwich.  Joe doesn't strike me as a rich guy who can retire immediately, and I imagine he's extremely proud of getting to where he is from being just a regular guy.  Meaning, he's not like most guys at the station that had a career in broadcasting before moving to hosing a radio show.  FAN is going to have a good idea of who the accuser is and whether her allegations will ultimately stand up.  If Beningo isn't fired immediately, that'll tell you their view on the matter.  Still, they may have no choice if angry calls are flooding in, etc.

That's the thing.  Way too many companies these days are firing first and asking questions later when it comes to these matters due to public outcry/pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's the thing.  Way too many companies these days are firing first and asking questions later when it comes to these matters due to public outcry/pressure.

Yes, this this THIS.  Extremely unfair...I can understand suspensions pending investigations, but like you said, companies can buckle a little too easily. 

What's been lost here a bit is that the accuser is not going after just Beningo...she's going after a lot of parties, and claiming that there's shenanigans going on all over the place. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yes, this this THIS.  Extremely unfair...I can understand suspensions pending investigations, but like you said, companies can buckle a little too easily. 

What's been lost here a bit is that the accuser is not going after Beningo...she's going after a lot of parties, and claiming that there's shenanigans going on all over the place. 

I mean, I kind of doubt that Joe Beningo is on the radar of MeToo activists.  And I'll give the female on-air personalities (Maggie Gray and Erika Herskowitz) the benefit of the doubt that they won't reflexively start attacking him based solely on the accusations.  I was thinking more of people just calling in and disrupting the show almost to be wise asses more than anything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I kind of doubt that Joe Beningo is on the radar of MeToo activists.  And I'll give the female on-air personalities (Maggie Gray and Erika Herskowitz) the benefit of the doubt that they won't reflexively start attacking him based solely on the accusations.  I was thinking more of people just calling in and disrupting the show almost to be wise asses more than anything else. 

Didn't think of the bolded...sure, there will be prankish calls for a while, but if Joe's innocent, they'll die down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't think of the bolded...sure, there will be prankish calls for a while, but if Joe's innocent, they'll die down.

The call screener will have his or her work cut out for them lol.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I mean, I kind of doubt that Joe Beningo is on the radar of MeToo activists. 

He is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's not just public outcry and pressure.  The female employees at WFAN I'm sure will be putting internal pressure on as well, especially if a lot of the frat house charges can be verified.

Carton was fired immediately after his shenanigans, they didn't wait for due process.  Sure it was a different kind of miscreancy, but the stuff that's being accused here is more of a hot-button issue over the last year or so in the news.  And to top it off Benigno and Roberts were supposed to be doing an on-air broadcast from Yankee Stadium tomorrow for the Subway Series, they won't be able to hide him from people in 'public' with that or other on-site appearances outside the studio.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's not just public outcry and pressure.  The female employees at WFAN I'm sure will be putting internal pressure on as well, especially if a lot of the frat house charges can be verified.

Carton was fired immediately after his shenanigans, they didn't wait for due process.  Sure it was a different kind of miscreancy, but the stuff that's being accused here is more of a hot-button issue over the last year or so in the news.  And to top it off Benigno and Roberts were supposed to be doing an on-air broadcast from Yankee Stadium tomorrow for the Subway Series, they won't be able to hide him from people in 'public' with that or other on-site appearances outside the studio.

Carton was arrested by the federal government, which requires a lot more, a lot more evidence than filing a lawsuit, which basically requires no evidence at all.  

I haven’t followed what has happened beyond what’s in the article.  My guess is that whoever filed the lawsuit has some kind of reputation one way or the other within the company and with the other female employees.  If they speak up one way or the other, we’ll know a little more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

The call screener will have his or her work cut out for them lol.

Yep...pretty much

I get due process but boy if it comes out to be true, this along with the Francesa/CMB mess WFAN's gonna look even more ridiculous.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yep...pretty much

I get due process but boy if it comes out to be true, this along with the Francesa/CMB mess WFAN's gonna look even more ridiculous.

If indeed he comes back from vacation and isn’t forced to quit after a few days, I will tend to believe that the allegations are highly exaggerated, at the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

After initially trying business as usual, now Benigno's taking a 'leave of absence'.  Yeah I don't see how he comes back at all unless they really find out the charges are 100% bogus.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/wfans-joe-benigno-takes-leave-of-absence-amid-sex-harass-suit/

Too bad.  Always liked Joe.  Hopefully it just means early retirement for him and that Evan still has a place at the station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot where I read it, but a report came out that current and former employees of the FAN (also both male and female) said that the woman claiming the station was like a frat house is far from the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×