Devils to wear original whites as Alternate Jerseys for 2018-19

Devils Pride 26

Alternate Jerseys  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Throwback based or black based?

• Throwback
    • Black

I voted black. I love the throwback jersey, but I’ve been there, done that. I want something fresh.

I also don’t like the concept of throwback “ based”. Either do the old style or don’t do it. I don’t want to see it changed.

possible exception would be if they did a green jersey with white and red trim. I like that concept so much, I made one myself.

43039247242_f4e4a89f6d_b.jpg

43039247312_4300968048_b.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I'm not exaggerating when I say this board has forsaken this team's traditions. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if they release a black jersey, I will vomit blood.

I mean, I’d kinda like to see that...

• Like 1

An old Scouts jersey is a pipe dream but would be a very cool, outside of the box idea. Still would definitely welcome the red and green back especially if they decided to wear them more...maybe even bring the white red and green back. A man can dream 

I never, ever want to see this team wear Scouts or Rockies jerseys. They weren't our team and besides a handful of people nobody gives a sh!t about either of them. 

I don't like the throwbacks cause I'm not a fan of the green but at least that's part of our Devils history. The Scouts and Rockies are just failures that opened up the possibility for us to get a team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I voted black. I love the throwback jersey, but I’ve been there, done that. I want something fresh.

I also don’t like the concept of throwback “ based”. Either do the old style or don’t do it. I don’t want to see it changed.

possible exception would be if they did a green jersey with white and red trim. I like that concept so much, I made one myself.

This is awesome. Nice job wow

They will be releasing a 3rd. Black is kind of boring. I mean that was what we probably would've gotten in the 90's if Lou relented and went with the 3rd jersey trend

I'm kind of hoping it will be the old home white greed/red throwback.

New-Jersey-Devils-White-Throwback-Retro-

0ea9b889452d491f89a6e9b5114ce4a7_front.j

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, '7' said:

This is awesome. Nice job wow

I mean, I didn’t do much. I just saw the blank jersey and got the idea. Got the crest on eBay, and shipped it off to EPS. 

It was out of sheer boredom and desire to get something different. THAT is why I wouldn’t mind a black jersey. 

And those worried about the team’s “traditions” should note, black has been in our colors for 26 years so it’s not much of a departure. 

I also don’t think the crew who changed our jersey for the first time in 25 years are going to have the opportunity to make a 3rd jersey and then go with something that’s been done already. I think whatever they do will be an even further departure from previous. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I mean, I didn’t do much. I just saw the blank jersey and got the idea. Got the crest on eBay, and shipped it off to EPS. 

It was out of sheer boredom and desire to get something different. THAT is why I wouldn’t mind a black jersey. 

And those worried about the team’s “traditions” should note, black has been in our colors for 26 years so it’s not much of a departure. 

I also don’t think the crew who changed our jersey for the first time in 25 years are going to have the opportunity to make a 3rd jersey and then go with something that’s been done already. I think whatever they do will be an even further departure from previous. 

It's still a very nice clean efficient look. It's different but maintains a traditional feel/look

I'm not sure what to expect from the coming 3rd really. While they did change our look for the first time in 25 years, if anything they kind of made it more simple and plain

My first Devils game ever they wore the red white and greens. The next season they went to the red and black and I loved it. The idea of the red and green was a nice change of pace when we first started doing it cause we finally entered somewhat into the modern era of hockey. I get third jerseys are a gimmick and a cash grab, but why the fvck not do it?

That being said, I'm tired of the red and greens. If you want to change it up and go with the white, that'd be alright I guess. @mfitz804's custom jersey is nice, and really is different. I'd be curious how the rest of the uniform would play out. But, I voted black. As others have said, I do think black is kind of boring and I didn't really like those black ice jerseys that came out a few years back either, but I think with some thought and a better effort, we could have a sharp alternate uniform.

What I do fear, is we'll see something pathetic like the Binghamton logo as a crest on an alternate, that would infuriate me to no end, but not enough to puke blood.

On the other hand, the hockey Devil from the Devils' Den logo I have always thought would be a sick alternate logo, with or without the "D" [phrasing, I know].

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think these would look badass if the white was completely removed or if the red and white were reversed (except the logo, numbers, and lettering).

Didn't like the green and red back in the day so I have no nostalgia for them.

Edited by Jerzey

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, I’d kinda like to see that...

Well, that's fair. 

Any alternate logo would most likely be garbage, especially if it was like a cartoon devil. That would disgust me, and totally ignore the origin of the name of the team. 

The only thing I could really accept would be permanent retros, which is an impossibility because they want to sell new sh1t, or something really clean and traditional in either red and black or green. There's little chance of that happening. An alternate logo that wasn't some sleek non sense or a devil would have potential, like something Jersey themed or something, but that's also unlikely. 

Chances are we're getting a black and/or a B Devils type logo. New ownership was smart and wore the fanbase down until as a whole we were receptive to changes. If day one they changed the jerseys and added a third, they would've had serious backlash from the fans. There have been loud voices, but overall the fans are ready, and even excited for this. I loved that we didn't give in to the trends and cherished our traditions, but now we're just any other hockey team. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Well, that's fair. 

Any alternate logo would most likely be garbage, especially if it was like a cartoon devil. That would disgust me, and totally ignore the origin of the name of the team. 

Like our mascot does?

• Haha 1

Would they even consider (for example) having jersey with New Jersey written across sans the logo? (like Dallas/Vancouver)   Could there be a NJ map (image) on shoulders for example.  

Putting the same (albeit fantastic)  logo on a different color jersey doesn't change anything all that much. (why bother) How blasphemous would that be?

25 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Would they even consider (for example) having jersey with New Jersey written across sans the logo? (like Dallas/Vancouver)   Could there be a NJ map (image) on shoulders for example.  

Putting the same (albeit fantastic)  logo on a different color jersey doesn't change anything all that much. (why bother) How blasphemous would that be?

As long as they don't put it on the jersey diagonally I wouldn't have a problem with it. If it looks anything remotely like the Rangers jerseys I'll lead the pitchforks in the protest lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I'm not exaggerating when I say this board has forsaken this team's traditions. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if they release a black jersey, I will vomit blood.

Well it was a tradition to not have sex until I lost my virginity. Or sometimes not doing something isn't tradition its just something that hasn't been done yet

• Like 1

I voted for the throwbacks, however, in order of preference, ideally my list would be:

1- No 3rd jersey at all.  I like that we're one of the few teams left that has never had a 3rd.  It's awesomely unique and something to hang onto I think.

2- If we absolutely have to have a 3rd, go with either of the throwbacks.  I like the red with green and white and the white with green and red, either are fine to me. Like mfitz said though, if they do this, I think it's important to keep them the way they were.  Don't spin off of these and create something has touches of the throwbacks and "honors" it in some ways. If you're going to pay homage to the past, just use the jerseys the way they were.

3- I don't particularly care for any other style of 3rd, be it black, or something totally different like mfitz created, but they're not terrible.  

I voted for throwbacks.  The jersey collector in me would love to have another jersey to collect, but the jersey collector in me would hate it if I would get a jersey that I would think is ugly.  Unfortunately, more times than not, third jerseys end up looking somewhere between bad to outright embarrassing.  It's like there are 10 different ways these things can go with only 1 way leading to success while 6 ways leading to embarrassment and 3 ways to meh.  I would rather the Devils just not even try.

If the Devils opt to make the throwbacks a full time third where they are worn once a month I think I would be down for that.  Would be a nice change of pace.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roomtemp said:

Well it was a tradition to not have sex until I lost my virginity. Or sometimes not doing something isn't tradition its just something that hasn't been done yet

6 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I voted for the throwbacks, however, in order of preference, ideally my list would be:

1- No 3rd jersey at all.  I like that we're one of the few teams left that has never had a 3rd.  It's awesomely unique and something to hang onto I think. 

Just like your virginity, apparently. 

• Like 1