Devils to wear original whites as Alternate Jerseys for 2018-19

Devils Pride 26

Alternate Jerseys  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Throwback based or black based?

• Throwback
    • Black

13 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

I've noticed this too, my Brodeur shirtjersey lasted years but My Hall one is already feeling threadbare and fading. Modells had new ones out this weekened and they felt even thinner in material. Still want $35 of course.

I got a Kovalchuk right after he signed that huge deal with us in the summer of 2010.  I still have the shirt to this day and it looks great after 8 years and wearing it dozens of times.

Those shirseys started going downhill around 2011-12 time frame.  I remember getting a Jagr one in summer of 2013 and it was awful.  The material was so thin you could feel the screen printing through the shirt on my skin on my back.

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Not a fan? Oduya think that was a bad idea, in retrospect? ;) 

lol I don't think Oduya is bad.  He did win 2 cups (just not with us).

I saw someone about 2 seasons ago with a Bergfors jersey on.  I also have seen more than 1 person with Ruutu jeseys as well.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol I don't think Oduya is bad.  He did win 2 cups (just not with us).

I saw someone about 2 seasons ago with a Bergfors jersey on.  I also have seen more than 1 person with Ruutu jeseys as well.

I bought that GW Oduya off you for two reasons:  it was an Edge 1.0, and it had the Prudential Center Opening Night patch on it...but yeah, the guy's had a pretty good career.  I remember how maddening he could be when he first came here.

Oduya is one of my "basement jerseys"...one I wear at home when I'm watching the Devils in my basement.  Probably won't wear that one to a game.  

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I bought that GW Oduya off you for two reasons:  it was an Edge 1.0, and it had the Prudential Center Opening Night patch on it...but yeah, the guy's had a pretty good career.  I remember how maddening he could be when he first came here.

Oduya is one of my "basement jerseys"...one I wear at home when I'm watching the Devils in my basement.  Probably won't wear that one to a game.  

It wasn't that easy to part with it lol.  Those Opening Night patched jerseys are pretty highly sought after since that's the only way you can actually get that patch.  Glad it found a good home:)

12 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I still don't understand people being upset when a player they have a jersey of leaves. It's a part of the team history, why does the player have to be on the roster or in the rafters for it to be worn and valued?

Situations like Kovy, Holik, and Gomez are just a few to start off lol 

12 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I still don't understand people being upset when a player they have a jersey of leaves. It's a part of the team history, why does the player have to be on the roster or in the rafters for it to be worn and valued?

Depends who you get. Matt Taormina isn’t exactly “ part of our history”. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Exactly. Now a player like Madden or Gio otoh I would still proudly wear if I owned either of their jerseys. 

Yeah those guys would still be fine. I wouldn’t even have too much of an issue with Holik or Gomez. But Kovy?? Invest in a new jersey. 

11 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Situations like Kovy, Holik, and Gomez are just a few to start off lol 

Those are definitely exceptions, I grant you that.

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Depends who you get. Matt Taormina isn’t exactly “ part of our history”. 

Sure he is. He was a Devil, and at some point someone thought highly enough of him to get his jersey one way or another. I always find it interesting seeing jerseys of those kinds of guys around the arena. I even have a Gomez jersey, and the tape I threw on the name plate 11 years ago is, to me, a part of the team history. The identity of the Devils and our experiences as fans are mosaics of what we've experienced in our time watching the team. 

23 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Those are definitely exceptions, I grant you that.

Sure he is. He was a Devil, and at some point someone thought highly enough of him to get his jersey one way or another. I always find it interesting seeing jerseys of those kinds of guys around the arena. I even have a Gomez jersey, and the tape I threw on the name plate 11 years ago is, to me, a part of the team history. The identity of the Devils and our experiences as fans are mosaics of what we've experienced in our time watching the team. 

If you say so. 

• Haha 1

Since it's the summer and nothing else is going on, here is another concept I found.  This is for all of you guys asking for a white retro third.  I personally hate the red/green combination of our past, but these look sharp af.DkVSBIRU4AAWuh4.jpg

12 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Since it's the summer and nothing else is going on, here is another concept I found.  This is for all of you guys asking for a white retro third.  I personally hate the red/green combination of our past, but these look sharp af.DkVSBIRU4AAWuh4.jpg

I wouldn’t mind that, but would rather see the black over the green