Devils to wear original whites as Alternate Jerseys for 2018-19

Devils Pride 26

Alternate Jerseys  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Throwback based or black based?

• Throwback
    • Black

25 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

As of today, August 7th, 2018, yes.  As others have mentioned here previously on other threads, the Canadian made Adidas authentics are not even close to being the same as the Indos.

So true.  I have a GW Zajac Elias night (the only Adidas I own), and the "real thing" fits FAR better than the current authentics.  If I ever decide to buy an Adidas that I want to personalize, the ONLY way I'll do it is going mfitz's route.  

Speaking of, he mentioned it on here, but the Prout nameplate on his jersey was actually coming off...scary in that it saw zero game use.

Speaking of fit on the authentic Adidas (the real one’s) I remember a couple of you guys saying they run small compared to the Edge, if I wear a 54 or 56 in an Edge would a 56 Adidas probably fit or would I be better off going all the way up to a 58?

Edited by Nicomo

54 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Why was that the only way? You mean to get a true authentic, and not an Indo made version that’s on sale to the public?

Yup.

46 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

As of today, August 7th, 2018, yes.  As others have mentioned here previously on other threads, the Canadian made Adidas authentics are not even close to being the same as the Indos.

Yes. Its a HUGE difference, way bigger than the difference between the Reebok Indos and Canadians, in my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What’s the cheapest a game issued of an unpopular player usually goes for?

40 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Meigray has some training camp worn only right now for as low as $250.

https://www.meigray.com/itemcatalog.aspx?categoryid=4542

Correct. Mine was more since I bought it when they were first available. But, I would add that the prices are a little inflated on these because they are new as well. I have been able to buy Game Issued Devils jerseys from MeiGray for under $200 several times. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of fit on the authentic Adidas (the real one’s) I remember a couple of you guys saying they run small compared to the Edge, if I wear a 54 or 56 in an Edge would a 56 Adidas probably fit or would I be better off going all the way up to a 58?

My Zajac is a 56.  It's comfortable, but definitely feels a little more snug than an Edge 56...if such a thing existed, I would say it fits like a 55.  I would say you should still be ok with a 56.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup.

Yes. Its a HUGE difference, way bigger than the difference between the Reebok Indos and Canadians, in my opinion. 

Correct. Mine was more since I bought it when they were first available. But, I would add that the prices are a little inflated on these because they are new as well. I have been able to buy Game Issued Devils jerseys from MeiGray for under $200 several times. 

Did EPS do the customization on your Nico? I remember there being some question as to whether or not they had the right font for the current jersey.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So true.  I have a GW Zajac Elias night (the only Adidas I own), and the "real thing" fits FAR better than the current authentics.  If I ever decide to buy an Adidas that I want to personalize, the ONLY way I'll do it is going mfitz's route.  

Speaking of, he mentioned it on here, but the Prout nameplate on his jersey was actually coming off...scary in that it saw zero game use.

I currently own 5 game worn jerseys from this most current season:

Hall red set 1

Boyle red set 1

Johansson white set 1

Butcher white set 2

Severson Elias Night (one-game wonder worn around the time the team was transitioning from set 2 to set 3)

After looking at the customization between the Butcher and Severson and the other 3 from set 1, I have to say that it appears to me that the set 1's were noticeably more sloppily done than the others.  The set 1's had crooked lettering, poor stitch work and the like.  The set 2's were done a little more solidly IMO.  That leads me to believe that the set 1's were probably rushed due to the transition of the official team customizer from EPS to PX.

Also, on the set 1's, from what I have heard is that when the team received the jerseys they only heat-pressed the NHL 100 patches on the arms.  Looking at the way it was stitched, I believe this to be true as it looks like the Devils equipment trainers sewed down all those patched after they received them.  The stitch work matches that of the alternate captain's A on my Hall that was removed during the HFC night game during the first intermission and later stitched back on.

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

It's all personal preference.  I am fine wearing my old jerseys that I have had for years.  

It is. I have those and wear those as well. 

35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Did EPS do the customization on your Nico? I remember there being some question as to whether or not they had the right font for the current jersey.

They did. Its off a slight bit from what PX is doing, but they didn't just take their old font and slap it on the new style, they tried to approximate what PX is doing as close as possible. I'm very happy with it. 

29 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I currently own 5 game worn jerseys from this most current season:

Hall red set 1

Boyle red set 1

Johansson white set 1

Butcher white set 2

Severson Elias Night (one-game wonder worn around the time the team was transitioning from set 2 to set 3)

Blah blah blah, I have a million awesome jerseys...

;) 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It is. I have those and wear those as well. 

They did. Its off a slight bit from what PX is doing, but they didn't just take their old font and slap it on the new style, they tried to approximate what PX is doing as close as possible. I'm very happy with it. 

Blah blah blah, I have a million awesome jerseys...

;) 

lol my jig is up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thank you. I am very happy with how it came out. Although I still prefer our old design, I still like the new one as well. 

Do you see any remnants from the "stripped" areas?  If I ever decide to get an Adidas Hischier jersey, I'm going to do it your way.

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Do you see any remnants from the "stripped" areas?  If I ever decide to get an Adidas Hischier jersey, I'm going to do it your way.

There was a slight impression left behind from the #5 on the back, but it's almost entirely gone after washing, pressing and then re-customizing. I feel like in the right light I still see a little, but barely. 

It wouldn't usually be my practice to replace a single digit with a double digit for that exact reason. When I bought it, my intention was to do a Butcher, since 8 covers 5 very well. But it stripped so clean I didn't have to. 

As I have pointed out before, the customizing by PX was so bad that the nameplate was literally falling off the jersey when it arrived from MeiGray. 

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

This is the sleeve after the 5 was removed. This was not really glue, just compression of the material. It came out 100%

39676602202_5f756acf84_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

There was a slight impression left behind from the #5 on the back, but it's almost entirely gone after washing, pressing and then re-customizing. I feel like in the right light I still see a little, but barely. 

It wouldn't usually be my practice to replace a single digit with a double digit for that exact reason. When I bought it, my intention was to do a Butcher, since 8 covers 5 very well. But it stripped so clean I didn't have to. 

As I have pointed out before, the customizing by PX was so bad that the nameplate was literally falling off the jersey when it arrived from MeiGray. 

24838061007_22a40cccf0_b.jpg

This is the sleeve after the 5 was removed. This was not really glue, just compression of the material. It came out 100%

39676602202_5f756acf84_b.jpg

That's interesting and pretty sweet that it came out for you after washing/re-numbering.  I was partially afraid that it would be like carpet indentations from furniture or something, where even after something's moved, no matter how long goes by, that spot never really seems to retake shape.  I guess because this is just loose fabric eventually it'll go back to normal.

I buy player t shirts more, i care a lot less when the guys leave but these shirts are too expensive for what they are so I've even cut back on that. Haven't bought a new jersey since geez, maybe 04 lol but I got a few "free" ones over the years from the Devils, 05 lockout, a few tenure jerseys and a Nico signed jersey cause my last tenure jersey got delayed like a year for some stupid reason. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

43 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I buy player t shirts more, i care a lot less when the guys leave but these shirts are too expensive for what they are so I've even cut back on that. Haven't bought a new jersey since geez, maybe 04 lol but I got a few "free" ones over the years from the Devils, 05 lockout, a few tenure jerseys and a Nico signed jersey cause my last tenure jersey got delayed like a year for some stupid reason. 

I haven't bought a player T-shirt in a while because in the last 6-7 years the quality of those shirts have gone down.  However, I can totally understand why you go that route.  I always recommend to people to get jerseys of guys who are either on a long-term deal or are "forever Devils" like Stevens, Brodeur, Elias, etc.  Right now I have 3 that I wear to the arena; 2010 Retro night Edge 2.0 GI Greene, Retro Edge 2.0 MiC Elias and CCM authentic Ultrafil Peluso.  I might be moving that Greene soon too.

20 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I got Gibbons and Butcher t-shirts for Christmas, the Butcher one is fading fast, and I don’t even wear it often. 

I have Hall and Hischier player tees and I’m perfectly happy with the quality of them so far. Still look brand new honestly. I don’t wear them a lot either though. Washing them in cold water and hang drying them probably helps. 

57 minutes ago, point said:

I have two jerseys. I figured each would be a "forever Devil". Holik and Rafalski. I stopped collecting jerseys.

Not quite forever Devils but still respected guys you can wear to the arena. You did ok. 

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I have Hall and Hischier player tees and I’m perfectly happy with the quality of them so far. Still look brand new honestly. I don’t wear them a lot either though. Washing them in cold water and hang drying them probably helps. 

I do all laundry that way and it does help. 

I'm not a fan of player t-shirts, but definitely a cheaper, lower risk way of supporting a player and if they leave town, not too big of a deal. 

On 8/7/2018 at 4:36 PM, DevsMan84 said:

I haven't bought a player T-shirt in a while because in the last 6-7 years the quality of those shirts have gone down.  However, I can totally understand why you go that route.  I always recommend to people to get jerseys of guys who are either on a long-term deal or are "forever Devils" like Stevens, Brodeur, Elias, etc.  Right now I have 3 that I wear to the arena; 2010 Retro night Edge 2.0 GI Greene, Retro Edge 2.0 MiC Elias and CCM authentic Ultrafil Peluso.  I might be moving that Greene soon too.

I've noticed this too, my Brodeur shirtjersey lasted years but My Hall one is already feeling threadbare and fading. Modells had new ones out this weekened and they felt even thinner in material. Still want $35 of course.