Devils to wear original whites as Alternate Jerseys for 2018-19

Devils Pride 26

Alternate Jerseys  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Throwback based or black based?

• Throwback
    • Black

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Before last season when they switched to Adidas they were wearing the retro red and greens anyway for 1 or 2 games a year anyway so this is basically the same thing except with the whites. 

I'm just glad to see the road teams coming in their dark colors, I always preferred wearing white at home. 

Exactly.  I felt the same about the red/greens - didn't really want them, at least not on any real regular basis.  A few times a year last year was fine.  This year with the white/green it's only 4 times like you mentioned, so I'm still fine with that.  I noticed the Devils website also mentions it as a "Heritage" jersey and not specifically a third jersey or alternate of some kind, so I'm still hoping that this is just some time of one-off special promotion thing, rather than a more permanent insertion into the rotation and lineup of our jerseys.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommonDreads said:

I imagine they will as they're treating it more like a straight forward 3rd jersey, I'm hoping when I make it out to the Rock for a preseason game they'll have some in the store

He meant the real MiC on-ice versions as so far the only way you an get an Adidas MiC one is buying a game worn or game issued one.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Just what I was hoping for, couldn't be happier...sure, the Adidas cut is a little weird, but that's a small quibble.  Awesome third, will definitely be scouring Meigray for GWs once they become available...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Will they finally have real jerseys to sell to the fans is a better question. 

For real. I wanna buy an authentic. A REAL authentic, not that fake made in Indonesia garbage they call authentic. I want what the fvcking players wear on the ice, and there’s no excuse to not sell them when fans like me are screaming TAKE MY MONEY!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

For real. I wanna buy an authentic. A REAL authentic, not that fake made in Indonesia garbage they call authentic. I want what the fvcking players wear on the ice, and there’s no excuse to not sell them when fans like me are screaming TAKE MY MONEY!! 

Sadly your best will be to snag a game-issued (made for a player but not worn on the ice...think scratched or injured player) and then re-name it to whomever you want.  The current authentics are authentics in name only.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sadly your best will be to snag a game-issued (made for a player but not worn on the ice...think scratched or injured player) and then re-name it to whomever you want.  The current authentics are authentics in name only.

Well, that needs to change, yesterday. It makes no sense in any way whatsoever. It’s free money for the Devils. I’m not spending $600 on a game issue size 465 XXXL. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

He meant the real MiC on-ice versions as so far the only way you an get an Adidas MiC one is buying a game worn or game issued one.

Yes, he did. 

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yes, it is. I am still moaning and groaning that I don't have a white one, and the cheapest available in my size is $500. I can't spend $500 on a jersey, then strip it, and then another $85 to re-do it. 

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yup and it is amazing how Adidas for some unknown reason doesn't see a market for these.  All they would have to do is produce a few extra on each run for each team and they can sell it to the fringe that wants the MiC on-ice versions and would pay plenty for it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yup and it is amazing how Adidas for some unknown reason doesn't see a market for these.  All they would have to do is produce a few extra on each run for each team and they can sell it to the fringe that wants the MiC on-ice versions and would pay plenty for it.

I guess its just not enough people who want them. I find it hard to believe, but they must know SOMETHING about it. I mean if they made blanks available at full retail price, how many would they sell? 

I'd have been good for a home and road. My home being taken care of, I would be in for a road and 3rd. 

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yes, makes far too much sense.  There's enough of a niche group that would be willing to spend for a real-deal authentic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobilly45 said:

Glad they didnt go to a black Jersey and kept it classic.   

I know I'm on record here as saying idc about the currentJersey, and I still feel that way, but maybe a few seasons down the road they will add the bottom stripes back in as it does complete the Jersey.  

I think there will be a refresh within 5-7 years.  The days of this franchise having the same design for 25 years are over. 

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Change is inevitable. I just really prefer they never touch the logo. 

I'm actually OK with more frequent refreshes (mostly because I think they're pretty much a certainty at this point...I can't see the current design lasting another 25 years), but I'm with you, leave the logo alone and I can probably live (or learn to live) with a lot of layout changes over the years. 

• Like 1

Interesting...  https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/devils-go-heritage-route-with-2018-19-third-jersey/

They’re going old school and bringing back the white, red and green uniforms that they wore for a 10-year period between 1982 and 1992. The team is calling it a “heritage” jersey and SportsLogos.net pointed out why:

A “heritage uniform” can only be worn a maximum of six times per season and can be scrapped after one year while a third or “alternate” uniform must be worn a dozen times and for at least three seasons. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Interesting...  https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/devils-go-heritage-route-with-2018-19-third-jersey/

They’re going old school and bringing back the white, red and green uniforms that they wore for a 10-year period between 1982 and 1992. The team is calling it a “heritage” jersey and SportsLogos.net pointed out why:

A “heritage uniform” can only be worn a maximum of six times per season and can be scrapped after one year while a third or “alternate” uniform must be worn a dozen times and for at least three seasons. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

I was wondering if this was considered a true third or just a special, limited use jersey. So this isn't quite "bringing back" this uniform, it's really just a handful of retro nights. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s stupid that there are any such rules. Why does the league give a sh!t if they wear it 6 or 12 times, or if they keep a 3rd for less than 3 years. What possible difference does it make? 

There's gotta be advanced marketing research about how these things affect the brand, right? 

I like those much better than the current Adidas. Been wanting a Nico so this might be a way to get one in a jersey I actually like. Wonder if the GI’s of these will be more expensive because of how infrequently they’ll be wearing them?