Devils Pride 26

Devils to wear original whites as Alternate Jerseys for 2018-19

Alternate Jerseys  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Throwback based or black based?

• Throwback
    • Black

48 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I mean it is not the worst thing in the world but it was completely unnecessary.  If you are going retro might as well go with original colors.

To me, the jersey looks piecemealed together. It just doesn't feel right.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'd say those Starters (I had one, but had a laundry malfunction and wrecked the crest) would make for a good starting point for a Devils' black third, but only as a starting point.  If they were ever going to go all-in on a legit black third, I'd want to see something a bit different.  Starting with, well, the black Starter, I could see a smaller red shoulder yoke with a white outline (same layout as what was on the pre-1992 Devils' reds), and the stripe patterns from the pre-92 home whites (with the stripes being red and white)...no green on these, for this design.  But it's always the same with 3rds like what I suggested...I might dig that design, but many others might not.  So hard to find something that appeals to the masses and doesn't polarize.

I'm still quite happy that it's the old home whites that are the heritage jerseys this year, mostly because that's what I really wanted, and also because I didn't think it would happen.  Feels like a nice bonus.  Can't wait to see them on ice.

I have seen the suggestion of having a third jersey be our retros but colors interchanged.  Problem I have with this is that it really isn't anything new at all and if you want the retro design just do the retro colors.

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Agree with @DevsMan84, it's not history or tradition that keeps me from wanting to see a black third jersey. It's that every single rendering I've seen of them has been absolutely horrid and I don't trust the team & Adidas to come up with one that will be any good either. 

Yeah every concept I have seen for a black or even third jersey ranges from god-awful to very "just ok-ish."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have seen the suggestion of having a third jersey be our retros but colors interchanged.  Problem I have with this is that it really isn't anything new at all and if you want the retro design just do the retro colors.

That's why I would prefer they not do that. 

I've spoken on it before, the old River Rats black alternates would work, they are plain but "very classic hockey jersey" in appearance. You could do that jersey with the current crest. 

But, if we were going to do a true alternate, I would say it should have an alternate logo. Some sort of badass representation of the Jersey Devil would be pretty awesome in my book. For an alternate, I'm not suggesting a complete logo change. 

Probably a bit 90's-esque for the taste on this board. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's why I would prefer they not do that. 

I've spoken on it before, the old River Rats black alternates would work, they are plain but "very classic hockey jersey" in appearance. You could do that jersey with the current crest. 

But, if we were going to do a true alternate, I would say it should have an alternate logo. Some sort of badass representation of the Jersey Devil would be pretty awesome in my book. For an alternate, I'm not suggesting a complete logo change. 

Probably a bit 90's-esque for the taste on this board. 

I would assume it would look like the Lowell Devils jerseys then.  I will admit that is my favorite Devils AHL team crest along with Utica Devils.  I hate the B-Devils crest and I was always very meh with the Albany RR and Albany Devils logos.  I guess it might work but not sure how you could fully incorporate that.

The Devils Den back in the mid to late 90's did sell a custom jersey in their catalog for a brief time.  Once in a while they pop up on eBay and it may work.  It was a forward facing Devil with a pitchfork and flames.  I can't readily find a picture of it right now, but the logo looked like this.

logo.ashx?sid=77467838

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I would assume it would look like the Lowell Devils jerseys then.  I will admit that is my favorite Devils AHL team crest along with Utica Devils.  I hate the B-Devils crest and I was always very meh with the Albany RR and Albany Devils logos.  I guess it might work but not sure how you could fully incorporate that.

The Devils Den back in the mid to late 90's did sell a custom jersey in their catalog for a brief time.  Once in a while they pop up on eBay and it may work.  It was a forward facing Devil with a pitchfork and flames.  I can't readily find a picture of it right now, but the logo looked like this.

logo.ashx?sid=77467838

[Blanket Phrasing]

The logo I always liked, and they sold it on a hat back then too, was the same devil but skating through the D.

I used to have a window decal of that devil, sans the D, on my car that I got at the Shore. Haven't seen it since.

I’ve been after one of those jerseys for awhile now. It was almost just like that, without the “Devils Den” of course. 

I was thinking more the actual Jersey Devils, the goat/kangaroo/dragon looking thing. Some drawings of it would make a good logo. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve been after one of those jerseys for awhile now. It was almost just like that, without the “Devils Den” of course. 

I was thinking more the actual Jersey Devils, the goat/kangaroo/dragon looking thing. Some drawings of it would make a good logo. 

There was an XL one on eBay earlier this year I believe.

21 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

There was an XL one on eBay earlier this year I believe.

Yes there was. I think it was within the last 6 months or so. 

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I saw a guy wearing one of those years ago at CAA (it was otherwise a post-'91 home white)...saw the same guy wearing it from time to time, over several years (never spoke to him).  At the time I thought it was kind of cool.  Definitely stood out...I assumed it was a custom job.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think he might have had a patch on either side of the yoke as well. 

54 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I saw a guy wearing one of those years ago at CAA (it was otherwise a post-'91 home white)...saw the same guy wearing it from time to time, over several years (never spoke to him).  At the time I thought it was kind of cool.  Definitely stood out...I assumed it was a custom job.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think he might have had a patch on either side of the yoke as well. 

I think you are right about the patch on the yoke and I think it was either a D or a pitchfork.

I remember that Devils Den jersey. I wanted one but I was 15 - 17 or something like that so I'm not sure I still trust my taste from then. Ill have to try to find a picture. 

I do have a hat with the Devil and hockey stick skating, but it's left to right and not towards the "camera". I'm almost positive I bought it in the earlier rock years in the team store there

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I remember that Devils Den jersey. I wanted one but I was 15 - 17 or something like that so I'm not sure I still trust my taste from then. Ill have to try to find a picture. 

I do have a hat with the Devil and hockey stick skating, but it's left to right and not towards the "camera". I'm almost positive I bought it in the earlier rock years in the team store there

If I make it out there in December I'll be sure to look for it