NJDevils Survival Football - DD56 Wins!

aylbert

We're back to another year of Survival Football...   Pick 1 team a week to win and you survive!
Two strikes and you're out.  You know the drill.

DEADLINE IS 5 MINUTES BEFORE EACH GAME...   So if you slack, there's a Monday game to save you potentially.

Link to join:  https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joinprivategroup?gid=8275&password=elias

Edited by aylbert

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Masked Fan said:

This group has already begun the season. You are unable to join this group at this time.

Aint that some sh!t.

It also reverted back to 5minutes before games start...   on fvcking Thursday?      

My attempts to reset the league also fail.   It says it has reset, but all picks are locked in, etc   rather than clearing out.
I'll try again tonight to reset it.

I'd rather have us start week 2, than have to pick by Thursday each week.

• Like 1

So as stated before in the football draft...   i did not intend to have the deadline be Thursday nights. 

I thought I had selected five minutes before each game...  unfortunately there are only two options.   Five minutes before the first game of week or five minutes before 1pm Sunday.

Im kinda bummed that we miss out on such an upset filled week but I thought it’s best to reset and play from week two with the Sunday deadline.  Yahoo does not let you change the deadline once the league has started.

also, this means you can still join by Sunday.   So @Masked Fan   You can join now.

Edited by aylbert
  • Like 1

Not sure if my theory will stick throughout the year, but picking the team playing the Eaglets will work for MOST OF IT! 🤣

Week 2: Start of the Season (Again)
Only one person (Big Blue) didn't get a pick in- it was a concern when I reset the league... 

Aylbert, Jerek's Fabulous Pick Set,  The voices in redruM's Head went with the Chargers, who defeated the Bills, 31-20.
NJDevs4978, Legend of the Clown Banner, and Psych marched with the Saints over the Browns in a 21-18 victory.
DD56 and EagleJelly went with the Rams... who shut out the Cardinals, 34-0

Lastly, Crasher makes Goodell shine! went with the Bucs, who defeated the Eagles 27-21.

Edited by aylbert

Ok... we're back with the Week 3 Results!

Big Blue losing its safety net in Week 1, went with a typically reliable safety net in the Patriots, but they took the loss, 26-10 to the Lions; and ending Big Blue's season early.

Where's the Waiver Wire Bro? and Legend of the Clown banner take their first strike without even swinging with non-picks.

DD56, Eaglejelly, Psych and The Voice in redruM's Head take strike one as they went with the Vikings who had a shocking upset loss to the Bills, 27-6

Crasher makes Goodell shine! takes a strike as well, with the Colts losing to the Eagles 😏

Sooooo... did anyone want to make a correct guess?

Well, for starters...  uhmm, the Browns found a victory for the first time in forever, over the Jets... 21-17. Largely thanks to Tyrod Taylor getting injured and Baker Mayfield saving the day.  NJDevs4978 moves on.

Aylbert and Jarek's Fabulous Pick Set went with the Bears, who came from behind to grab a victory  16-14 over the Cardinals.

Seeya all next week.

Week 4:  If you wanted to survive, you made a pick... and if you made a pick, you lived.

After playing week 2, Legend of the Clown Banner, The Voice in redruM's Head and Where' the Waiver Wire Bro? are eliminated with two consecutive weeks of non-picks; exhausting their strikes.

Aylbert and DD56 move on with Jags beating the Jets, 31-12
Psych and Crasher makes Goodell shine! watched as the Packers shut out the Bills 22-0
NJDevs4978 and EagleJelly avoid an upset, as the Chargers barely knocked of the 49ers 29-27
And lastly, Jerek's Fabulous Pick Set went with the Chiefs on MNF, as they defeated the Bronco's 27-23

See you in Week 5...  get those picks in.

• 2 weeks later...

Week 5: So long Crasher makes Goodell Shine

We say goodbye to Masked Fan's dig of Crasher makes Goodell Shine with his non-pick.
Aylbert took his first strike with the Titans losing to the Bills, 13-12.

Eaglejelly and Jarek's Faboulous Pick Set moves on with the Saints leveling the Redskins, 43-19.
DD56 went with the Pats as they defeated the Colts 38-24.
NJDevs4978 took the Panthers who needed a last second, game winning 63 yard field goal to win 33-31 over the Giants.
and lastly, Psych took the Chargers who went on to win  over Chucky's Raiders, 26-10.

Week 6: Perfect... if you pick of course

So again, if you pick... you advance.  It's not complicated; but Jarek's Faboulous Pick Set didn't include a Week 6 selection; marking his first strike and leaving NJDevs4978 as the only team with a safety net.

DD56 and Psych went with the Texans, who defeated the Bills, 20-13.
Eaglejelly and Aylbert went with the Packers, relying on Aaron Rodgers to bring them back in the 4th quarter, 33-30.
and lastly, the still perfect NJDevs4978 went with the Vikings, who defeated the Cardinals, 27-17 

Week 7: Indiana Jones and the Millennium Falcon

Well, everyone moved on to Week 8.
NJDevs4978, Eaglejelly, Jarek's Faboulous Pick Set and Psych went with Indy, as the Colts beat up the Bills - 37-5
Aylbert and DD56 went with the Falcons as they defeated the Giants 23-20.

Moving on; seeya week 9

Week 8: We all live

A rather mundane week.
Aylbert and DD56 went with the Steelers, who defeated the Browns 33-18.
NJDevs4978 and Psych went the Patriots, who needed the 4th quarter to really create the separation, 25-6 over the Bills.
EagleJelly went with the Chiefs over the Broncos 30-23
and lastly, Jarek's Fabulous Pickset went divisional, with the Redskins running with AP over the Giants, 20-13.   

Edited by aylbert

• 2 weeks later...

Week 9: Panthers and Bears, Oh my

So everyone played it safe.
Aylbert, EagleJelly and Jerek's Fabulous Pickset went with the Panthers over the Bucs,  42-28
NJDevs4978, DD56, Psych rode the Bears who rolled the Bills, 41-9

I know my picks for Week 10 are slim... we'll see how the rest do!

Week 10: Sunday, Bloody Sunday
We lost three this week; leaving only three alive.

NJDevs4978 remains perfect, in addition to DD56 staying alive with him...  as the Chiefs beat the Cardinals 26-14
Eaglejelly took his first loss, as the Eagles lost to the Cowboys, 27-20

Aylbert (Week 5- Titans) and Psych (Week 3- Vikings) get sent packing on the season, as the Jets took a first half beatdown from the Bills, losing 41-10
Jerek's Fabulous Pick Set (Week 6 non pick) took the Pats, who took a hard loss to the Titans  34-10.

Things will get interesting as the pick pool dwindles.    My office pool was decided tonight... as I lost out with the Eagles (my personal rooting interest)   
And Of course, the other guy is a Cowboy's fan... so tomorrow won't be annoying... at all.  

• 3 weeks later...

Week 11 Recap: Thanksgiving comes early... poor Birds
We only have two players left...  and NJDevs4978 gave up his strike advantage, as the Cardinals were upset by Chuckie's Raiders, 23-21.
DD56 went with the Saints, who had an early Thanksgiving, feasting on the Eagles 48-7

Week 13: Relax, DD56 Wins!
NJDevs4978 (prior loss Week 11- Cardinals), like MIke McCarthy, was sent packing with the Packers loss to the Cardinals, 20-17.  Those pesky Cardinals.

That leaves DD56 (prior loss Week 2- Vikings) - who went with the Seahawks over the 49ers, 43-16 - as our sole survivor and winner of the 2018 season!

CONGRATS DD56!