2018 Pre-Season Thread

NJDfan1711

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that makes sense, but you aren’t putting Zajac on the 4th nor should you put Boyle on the 3rd. You could drop Wood and whomever to the 4th, but I’m not sure I like Miles that low, especially coming off a near 20 goal season.

well again it's not as much as to who's on the 2nd and 3rd line etc. cause we all know those guys will be moved around and there will be injuries etc etc

It's mostly to see where new guys could fit in and who's making the cut, who's getting a few extra games in the regular season, who's a good fit to stay with the team even if maybe they'd be better off getting more ice time at a lower level... and who would be the first call-ups.

There's a spot open on the right side but that's about it, i'd be surprised to see any of those kids getting a spot at centre unless there's an injury. 

i think the 12th (and likely 13th) forwards are between Quennville and Lappin.

I think they're opening with 8 D - either because they need to keep Yakolev on the roster or lose him back to the KHL or because they really want to give Smith a chance to make the team and at least see what he's got for the 9 games. Perhaps they convince Yakolev to go to Binghamton for a month to get top pair minutes and get acclimated to the North American game and call him up or let him go back.

My hope for opening night:

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri

Johannson - Zacha - Bratt

Coleman - Zajac - Noeson

Wood - Boyle - Lappin

Quennville

Greene - Vatanen

Butcher - Santini

Smith - Severson

Meuller - Lovejoy

Edited by sundstrom