2018 Pre-Season Thread

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nothing like a freak injury to kick the season off right. 

I want Stafford to succeed. He seems like a good guy. But I'm afraid it's just going to be more of him shanking shots in the slot. 

The good news is now everyone will crap on Stafford, so maybe Zacha can get a break haha

Stafford is the extra forward for now.... hopefully it stays that way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I would think Wood should get top 6 minutes with Bratt out. 

Also, what’s up with Boyle on the wing? 

I don't like Noesen on the 2nd line. But if those lines are written correctly, he's on the opposite side from Wood. Out of the guys on the right side, it makes sense. 

Same re: Boyle, I don't like it unless Amanda just wrote it in the wrong order, which she has done previously. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't like Noesen on the 2nd line. But if those lines are written correctly, he's on the opposite side from Wood. Out of the guys on the right side, it makes sense. 

Same re: Boyle, I don't like it unless Amanda just wrote it in the wrong order, which she has done previously. 

I’ll panic when the lines are the same at 1030 my time tomorrow for warmups. Not a fan of the lines either as they are though.

19 minutes ago, devlman said:

That little girl looks thrilled beyond words.

Anyway, with Bratt’s injury I hope they give Wood a chance on the second line.

She's waiting for Eddie Lack to show up.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

She's too busy thinking about Swedish Fish. 

In Sweden, are they just fish?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Really upset about the Bratt injury, he was looking like another Hall on our lineup at times this preseason. He looked like he took a big step, what a sh!tty way to start the season. I'd feel for him regardless because it's obvious he put a lot of work in this summer, but the fact that this game is in Sweden makes it even tougher.

• Like 4

Would be worse if it was a leg or a groin. He'll miss like 5-7 games, that's not the end of the world. 

That he has to miss the game in Sweden, on a personal level, is what really sucks. I am sure he was very much looking forward to it. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Any way I can read all of this? 

Was going to say the same - many people have posted articles and links to TheAthletic on here in the past few months, and while they're good stories, I can never read them all because you have to be a member and pay/subscribe.  

18 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Was going to say the same - many people have posted articles and links to TheAthletic on here in the past few months, and while they're good stories, I can never read them all because you have to be a member and pay/subscribe.  

They're banking on putting out enough quality content that people buck up and get a subscription. They're doing a good job, I've certainly considered getting one lately. ESPN and Yahoo aren't running the kind of stories they are lol

The Athletic is absolutely worth the subscription. I wouldn't pay for anything else but the stuff they put out is always so much better than most of what else you'll read from main stream outlets.

As for the article - it touched on how Greene was there for Larsson when his dad died because Andy faced similar when his dad died and mentioned how Parise was in touch with him because Zach dealt with JP passing. Basically a way to pay it forward.

• Like 2

I forked up the money for an Athletic sub last year and I highly recommend it, especially if you're like me and have enough down time at work to read an article or two. They have special offers pretty regularly so it's easy to wait for a price reduction, and it easily has the best hockey writers out of any paid blog. A lot of insightful stuff on there, I particularly like Dom Luchyshyn, Tyler Dellow, Corey Pronman, and Justin Bourne.