2018 Pre-Season Thread

NJDfan1711

6 minutes ago, ringtwins said:

Someone on the Devils needs to "Wilson" that POS Kucherov next time they meet. That hit in the playoffs to Sami was unconscionable.

I'm with you on most of that. Would just much rather he gets his clock cleaned with a clean hit than a dirty hit. NJ doesn't need that bad Wilson-esque mojo in our club.    

• Like 3

23 hours ago, sundstrom said:

It's actually 23 w/ Stafford getting the albelin, gomez treatment for a while of hanging around without a contract. (hence the asterisk).

Oh gotcha.  Didn't notice the asterisk, whoops.  Is there a specific deadline for when Stafford has to be given a contract?

21 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Guys may be more interested in what the wives got (cleavage shots if you scroll through the instagram photos):   https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2018/10/01/the-capitals-wives-got-championship-ring-necklaces-to-match-their-husbands-rings/

Jeez. How immature can we be, looking at these pictures to see cleavage? Aren't we adults?? 

*Clicks link repeatedly*

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Jeez. How immature can we be, looking at these pictures to see cleavage? Aren't we adults?? 

*Clicks link repeatedly*

Damn, I thought such things were for adults only.  So now that we're adults we can't look at them because we're adults?  Make up your mind!

:mellow:

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Johnny Q gets his chance. 

Wasn't he getting his chance anyway?  I thought he was going to have a spot, even with Bratt in the lineup...

Hall - Hischier - Bratt

Johannson - Zacha - Palmieri

Wood - Zajac - Noesen

Coleman - Boyle - Quennville

Unless I'm missing someone?

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wasn't he getting his chance anyway?  I thought he was going to have a spot, even with Bratt in the lineup...

Hall - Hischier - Bratt

Wood - Zajac - Noesen

Looks like Q was going to play anyway.  Dea is the other one that will be probably alternating with Q.  So this is probably a chance for Dea to get a chance.  PLEASE NO STAFFORD!

5 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Looks like Q was going to play anyway.  Dea is the other one that will be probably alternating with Q.  So this is probably a chance for Dea to get a chance.  PLEASE NO STAFFORD!

Yeah that's what I was thinking - I figured Dea would've been the odd man out most of the time.  I think we all share the same sentiment about Stafford, but I can also see the organization giving him some games here and there.  I don't get it, but they obviously see or feel something we don't.

I thought we saw Dea slotted in. There was a conversation going on just the other day about how it might be better for Quinville to be in Binghamton.  There was a conversation going on just the other day about how it might be better for Q to be in Binghamton. 

In any event, it’s a broken jaw. How long will he actually be out for that? Will he just put on full face protection and be back shortly?

• Like 1

suspect Palms moves to 1st line & Dea to 2nd? (because he's righty?  I know many here don't want Stafford around, but he, like Spempniak are decent ace in the hole for injuries.  Ray could sign him to a (one way) contract, & send him down to Bingo if he needed the room.  No one will pick him up on waivers. He's a decent face-off guy or plays either side. 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Hall - Hischier - Bratt

Wood - Zajac - Noesen

Based on preseason line combos, looked like Palms was going to be on the top line, not Bratt.  Which to me makes more sense anyway...those three always clicked well when put together (I know Bratt did early last season, but for now I would've preferred Palms on with Nico and Hall). 

Guessing Q gets the early chance.  Stafford better be here strictly as insurance.  If Stafford's in the lineup over Q for the first game, then why even have Q make the team to begin with? 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Based on preseason line combos, looked like Palms was going to be on the top line, not Bratt.  Which to me makes more sense anyway...those three always clicked well when put together (I know Bratt did early last season, but for now I would've preferred Palms on with Nico and Hall). 

Guessing Q gets the early chance.  Stafford better be here strictly as insurance.  If Stafford's in the lineup over Q for the first game, then why even have Q make the team to begin with? 

Yeah I noticed Palms was getting time on the top line, and it's hard to argue that they didn't have chemistry and didn't produce, but just for balance's sake, I think I'd prefer to see and keep Palms on the 2nd line.  Bratt's still a pretty big question mark if you ask me (granted he's still very young), and I don't think I want to see him on the 2nd line, especially with another large question mark in Zacha.