NJDevs '18-19 Fantasy Hockey Season Thread

NJDevs4978

Now that the football draft's winding down might as well start the thread for this.  Since the league's auto-renewed it's the same fourteen teams unless someone kindly lets us know they won't be participating this year with time enough to get a replacement before the draft (currently set for Monday, October 1 at 7:30 PM). 

League link: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/njdevsfhl

Keeper deadline is basically Saturday night/Sunday morning (3 AM Sunday) right before the draft, any player on your roster now is eligible to be kept so you can just pick three and be done with it without worrying about eligibility - all the ineligibles have been culled off the roster already.  I'll post the draft order after krunko/Zamboni picks his spot.  Anyone wants to propose a rule change or a different draft date might as well do it now though that requires the rest of you actually participating enough to vote or weigh in.  Don't really see much reason to change the hockey-style format in any case (four C, four LW, four RW, six D and a goalie in roto on a 23-man roster) since that adds to the challenge.

The league itself was pretty active though, almost every team made at least 15+ transactions.  Hopefully the same holds true this time around.  It'd be nice if everyone checked in at least once before the draft, and I PM'ed all involved to get everyone out of hibernation.

NOTE: Draft order determined by everyone picking their slot in the order they finished last year - see a few posts below for details.

Edited by NJDevs4978

And 2017-18 league champion Zamboni Warriors predictably goes with the #1 overall pick (remember this is a Yahoo snake draft so they get the first pick in odd rounds and the last pick in even rounds), so why wait to do the draft order? 

Also remember, the last three rounds (21-23) are for keeper selection so don't trade those picks.  As always keepers for next season should be between the three you keep and anyone that gets drafted from round 6 on plus UDFA's.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wasn't there discussion last year that the top could finishers could select their draft order this year?  Something about incentivizing people to keep trying to finish as high as possible in the latter half of the season to avoid dead teams.

Doesn't matter too much to me either way, just figured I'd ask.  I'm sorta used drafting in the bottom half every year :lol: 

Edit: Jesus Christ Zamboni Warriors has two keepers in the top 10.. 

Edited by Devilsfan118

Oh snap you’re right, we do have to all pick our spot this time. I’ll change my OP now :P

As per the agreement last year Devilsfan picks his spot next. Remember it’s a snake draft so if you’re picking 2 in the first round you pick second to last in the even numbered rounds. You all get 72 hours on the clock to pick your spot so we can finish this before the draft. Failure to pick a slot results in being autoslotted the highest first round pick. Since high picks were traded last year you might want to factor that into your spot selection.

Order for picking your draft slot - i.e. last year’s standings:

1. Zamboni Warriors (drafting #1)
  2. Zajacing Off (drafting #2)
  3. Sworn Defenders (drafting #3)
  4. Nicoise Salad (auto-slotted #4)
  5. Eaglejelly (drafting #5)
  6. Palm Up and SLAM (drafting #6)
  7. New Jersey Swamps (drafting #14)
  8. Hard Dump (drafting #7)
  9. Dynamo Nation (drafting #8)
  10. Wolverines (drafting #9)
  11. NJDefenders (auto-slotted #10)
  12. Squirtle Squad (auto-slotted #11)
  13. NeoThrashers (drafting #12)
  14. One More Tank (auto-slotted #13)

https://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/135578-njdevs-17-18-fantasy-hockey/&do=findComment&comment=1417112

Edited by NJDevs4978

5 minutes ago, MantaRay said:

Are we listing the keepers some place?

You can if you want, to facilitate a possible trade or to protect against having problems saving your keepers in Yahoo (anyone that doesn’t list keepers gets their top three by Yahoo rank autoslotted) but it’s not necessary otherwise since they won’t lock till just before the draft.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I just sent it in a message but I'll post here it for complete transparency - I'll take the #2 pick please!

Also, my keepers are going to be:

1. Hellebuyck
  2. Kuznetsov
  3. Eichel

That leaves the following players up for grabs if anyone is interested:

image.png.796cacb19413a351f0a390455aa71dff.png

Barkov is probably a 3rd or 4th round pick I'd imagine.  Rest is pretty meh.

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

You’re not up till like next to last cause your team was awful :P

Technically you’re the last to pick a slot because Clown gets slotted into what’s left.

Great Odin's beard did we suck.   Technically, I should get first pick.

57 minutes ago, MantaRay said:

Great Odin's beard did we suck.   Technically, I should get first pick.

That would encourage being less competitive which would just be silly and would never happen in rea... oh wait.

But no, the point of rewarding by performance was to encourage competition across all standings.   In 10th?    You can fight for 8th, and get a better pick... etc

Nicoise Salad is auto-slotted into #4, Eaglejelly picks the #5 slot, Palm up and SLAM (Raillart90) is next.  I'm not PM'ing everyone again when they're OTC, I already PM'ed everyone letting you all know there was a draft slot pick thread.  Look in the crawl to see who's OTC and in the above thread with the pick order if you want to know what's left - currently anything 6-14

Everyone has three days to log on or let their pick be known, cause there's no hurry and I know few others are checking the board till the start of camp at least.  At least this is a good way to see who's going to be active and not :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

8 hours ago, devlman said:

Looks like 7th pick is next highest available so I’ll go with that.

also, any way we can see a list of all the keepers when we near draft day?

If you log into your Yahoo account, and go to the real page, not the phone app, or mobile page, but the real website, at the top in a green box you’ll see an option to “select keepers”. 

2 hours ago, Ralliart90 said:

If you log into your Yahoo account, and go to the real page, not the phone app, or mobile page, but the real website, at the top in a green box you’ll see an option to “select keepers”. 

Thanks, I don't see it though. But it sounds like that would be to select my guys. I want to see who everyone else has decided to keep so that I can prep for draft.

Everyone else’s keepers won’t show up till after the deadline so the day before the draft.

And yes there’s a colored section above your roster where it’ll have a few notifications including one to select your keepers.

Edited by NJDevs4978