NJDevs '18-19 Fantasy Hockey Season Thread

NJDevs4978

On 10/26/2018 at 8:25 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

So.. still early, not really worried yet but my team is pretty awful so far.  Goalies have been average and my top guys just aren't producing.

That said, my wingers (RW and LW) are just not producing right now.  

What's the name of your team

23 hours ago, devlman said:

What's the name of your team

He's Zajac-ing Off...

On 10/26/2018 at 8:25 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

So.. still early, not really worried yet but my team is pretty awful so far.  Goalies have been average and my top guys just aren't producing.

That said, my wingers (RW and LW) are just not producing right now.  

Agreed.  I mean your ancillary stats are just fine...   and your roster has a ton of talent that I wouldn't do anything rash.   Stay the course another few weeks.
My team needs scoring as well; but I got lucky playing Kinkaid which floats me higher for now.

Edited by aylbert

I was a little worried about my scoring early, it was bad the first couple of weeks but it's slowly picking up to where I'd hoped it would be, but some of my ancilary stats (SHP, GWG) and goaltending is another story...this is why I hate relatively even platoons, I almost never pick the right guy.  So far I've made the wrong choice all three times they've both had games the same night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

18 hours ago, aylbert said:

He's Zajac-ing Off...

Agreed.  I mean your ancillary stats are just fine...   and your roster has a ton of talent that I wouldn't do anything rash.   Stay the course another few weeks.
My team needs scoring as well; but I got lucky playing Kinkaid which floats me higher for now.

Not my proudest moment, selecting that name last year.  

But yeah, staying the course for now.  Improving my wingers via FA/waivers when I can.  We'll see how it shakes out next month.

THEN I can start to panic and make trades :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Sworn Defenders send Alexander Ovechkin, Jonathan Toews and their 2019 1st round pick to Zajac-ing Off for Jack Eichel, Ian Cole and their 2019 20th round pick...  

Sworn Defenders hungry for picks if anything is of interest outside of keeper trip of Eichel, Draisaitl and Aho.

Edited by aylbert

Last night might have been the final nail in the coffin, I was trying to find a way back into the race but that sucked

anyone looking to bolster their offense McDavid , Scheifele Pacioretty & just about  anyone else are all available for the right deal (keepers)

make me an offer & we can chat!

• 3 weeks later...

Sworn Defenders trade Patrice Bergeron, Adam Larsson and their 20th rounder to NeoThrashers for Mikko Koskinen, Erik Gustafsson abc their 2nd round pick.

Sworn D is very interested in swapping a goaltender for forward depth this season; as the bench is just too full.

Matt Murray, Semyon Varlamov, Mikko Koskinen, Jimmy Howard, Cory Schneider and Keith Kinkaid.

Welp guess this is the Christmas Massacre for Swamps :P

A half-season of Huberdeau and Hedman each (combined a very high asset for a full season) for a first-rounder.

Wheeler (a non-keeper) and Zucker for Stone, a potential keeper asset.  Would rather have just dealt Wheeler for a high pick too but since almost all of the top teams had already dealt a high pick wasn't sure how feasible it was.  Figured there's more time to trade Stone if need be, or actually use him as a keeper, though right now I have five or six viable candidates, all forwards.  ROR, Stone and Duchene/Connor are the leaders in the clubhouse but Lee and Dadonov are possibilities too.

Think I'm out of the trading market for the moment since Dumba (my only keeper ineligible left) is on the shelf for a long time.  Honestly I thought my team was better than its standing so far but horrible goaltending - doesn't help when both guys get shelved for the season in December - and horrible ancilary stats left me without much recourse.  At least the pressure to trade my expiring assets is gone.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Who knew playing a bunch of kid goalies was going to shoot me up from 11th to 4th in days?  And no I was still never going to break into the top 2-3 with how awful I am in other offensive categories and goalie wins, but maybe Swamps and the Devils can both finish on a good note and give the franchise hope for next year :P

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 7:45 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

Who knew playing a bunch of kid goalies was going to shoot me up from 11th to 4th in days?  And no I was still never going to break into the top 2-3 with how awful I am in other offensive categories and goalie wins, but maybe Swamps and the Devils can both finish on a good note and give the franchise hope for next year :P

As a bright spot, you maintain there you get a top non keeper pick!

Edited by aylbert

On 1/8/2019 at 3:37 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

What a bust Tarasenko turned out to be.  Bleh.

Yeah there isn't much you can do when either your goaltending or your franchise player busts on you in this format.  I still shudder at the season Ovechkin had like 65 points with a -whatever though that was one of my off seasons in general with the autodraft fiasco.

Sworn Defenders swap a 20th round pick (from Zajacing Off) and Brock Nelson for the NeoThrasher’s 16th rounder.

Full sell off mode, looking to flip anyone serviceable rentals on my team for late round swaps.

Edited by aylbert

• 2 weeks later...