NJDevs '18-19 Fantasy Hockey Season Thread

NJDevs4978

It's fun seeing all my jettisoned players still doing well...      goaltending still blows though and I don't think I was ever going to fix that this season.
I'm happy walking away this season with Eichel...   but I do miss competing. 

19 hours ago, devlman said:

Im slowly falling off the top spot - now 10 pts back. My guys are fizzling out down the stretch. Theres still time but I need a good rally from the troops

You sound like a guy who needs Mats Zuccarello as we near the trade deadline.   

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, aylbert said:

You sound like a guy who needs Mats Zuccarello as we near the trade deadline.   

Haha I can’t afford to part with any more picks. What I need is to actually have the player I drafted in the first round, Hall, to return from wherever the hell he is.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, devlman said:

Haha I can’t afford to part with any more picks. What I need is to actually have the player I drafted in the first round, Hall, to return from wherever the hell he is.

Oh man, I can't complain about Tarasenko anymore.  I didn't even think of Hall's effect on FHL - that really, really blows.

• Like 1

I loathe having to overturn this trade, but it's just too egregious of a mistake to overlook.  You guys really need to understand the keeper rule better before making these deals (or at least get picks added to the darn trade) cause there's no rationale for allowing this trade other than my stated goal of not policing anything but collusion and mistakes and this clearly wasn't collusion.  Trading a keeper-eligible who's the better player for a non-keeper eligible having a worse year straight up is an obvious mistake though.  As much as I don't want to judge deals on merit, I don't want to have anyone pay for an obvious error up the nose for multiple seasons in a free league either.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Thanks 2

First off, annoyed that the deal was vetoed simply because I couldn't believe how one-sided it was in my favor.

I mean, I'm never going to turn down a trade offer like that but I have no idea what the rationale was behind the offer.

Edit: I mean he/she's way over games for all positions, but has more games available at RW than LW.  Maybe looking to swap a LW for a RW, but yeah the keeper status matters here.

Edited by Devilsfan118

So I think my realistic ceiling is probably 4th at this point - Tarasenko is up for grabs if someone in the top 3 wants to make a push.

#1 player in the league over the past two weeks during this insane surge.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Sworn Defenders send Semyon Varlamov and NeoThrashers 16th rounder to Squirtle Squad for Collin Delia and their 13th rounder.
Thanks for the shutout Varly, but you know what that means...  off you go.

Mats Zuccarello has been on fire this past month and can be had cheap.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, Devilsfan118 said:

So I think my realistic ceiling is probably 4th at this point - Tarasenko is up for grabs if someone in the top 3 wants to make a push.

#1 player in the league over the past two weeks during this insane surge.

I thought mine was 3rd a while back...but my team's crept backwards while others have bulled ahead.  Might be more middle of the pack at this point.

• Like 1

Cause I was derelict in checking keeper status and assumed Laine wasn’t one. Admittedly I didn’t see his numbers this year either but clearly Laine with his age and the blowback this has gotten has far more value than that. I can’t let a historically inactive team make THAT trade, sorry. I can’t transfer the picks, you guys are just gonna have to give each other your picks back or whoever is commish next year is dealing with that mess.

I have half a mind to leave this up since clearly my warning was ignored but I did restore the players. You guys have to take care of trading the picks back to each other or it can’t be fixed till the offseason.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't matter, keepers are allowed to be traded, just like keeper-eligibles are.  Only reason the first deal didn't pass was it was a better keeper for a non-keeper straight up from two non-contending teams.  

Deals can't be put through till the morning, but so long as Yahoo doesn't make the pending ones dissapear after the deadline these should pass.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

Hey, I can say I was part of a deadline deal...  as I watched my first trade hands.

It will suck next year to not be in the 1st round, but at least I have 2 2nd...   oh and Jack fvckING Eichel.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I bailed on the season way too early this year, something I need to be weary of next year. But I had had some really bad goalie performances, was in 2nd to last place with like 77 points. Frustration set in & I started trading assets for the future. Since making these trades I’ve climbed back to 110 pts, wonder if I could have been better if I had kept my best players?? 

This might be the best forward group I've ever had.  Prior to trading Crosby, I mean.  The Eichel trade certainly helped as well.

But man, outside of PPP (somehow lacking), goaltending killed me.  Which is especially hilarious because I kept Helleybuck over Kuznetsov, thinking he and the Jets would dominate this year.

One shutout boys.  One.  72 GP between Price and Helleybuck, and I've got one shutout.  5th worth GAA and 7th best/worst SV%.  

I think I could've had a top-3 finish (success in my mind) had I gotten above average goaltending.  Shame.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:22 PM, Devilsfan118 said:

This might be the best forward group I've ever had.  Prior to trading Crosby, I mean.  The Eichel trade certainly helped as well.

But man, outside of PPP (somehow lacking), goaltending killed me.  Which is especially hilarious because I kept Helleybuck over Kuznetsov, thinking he and the Jets would dominate this year.

One shutout boys.  One.  72 GP between Price and Helleybuck, and I've got one shutout.  5th worth GAA and 7th best/worst SV%.  

I think I could've had a top-3 finish (success in my mind) had I gotten above average goaltending.  Shame.

You could be like me on top of the shutout board with the worst goal-tending.
I'm in the same boat, as I kept Murray over Duchene (or possibly Ekblad knowing me)

This year my keepers are more than obvious...  and next season I can work on making up that 1st rounder I gave to you.   (At least I have 2 2nds)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You tried that too a couple years ago but Jake Allen’s hot streak (thank you Marty) torpedoed you :lol:

Honestly looking back at the numbers I almost forget it was my offense that carried me that year (tops in 5/10 offensive categories, tied for first in another and second in another), it would have been a travesty if I didn't win in 2016-17.  I just needed goaltending that was halfway decent to win and finally got it after a brutal first half.

Edited by NJDevs4978