Sign in to follow this  
NJDevs4978

NJDevs '18-19 Fantasy Hockey Season Thread

It's fun seeing all my jettisoned players still doing well...      goaltending still blows though and I don't think I was ever going to fix that this season.
I'm happy walking away this season with Eichel...   but I do miss competing. 

I have been doing a great Mike Milbury impression this season

My team's starting a late rally here, but I don't see myself breaking into the top 5.  The gap there is too great.

Goaltending killed me, but also just didn't get the production I thought I would this season.

Im slowly falling off the top spot - now 10 pts back. My guys are fizzling out down the stretch. Theres still time but I need a good rally from the troops

Edited by devlman

19 hours ago, devlman said:

Im slowly falling off the top spot - now 10 pts back. My guys are fizzling out down the stretch. Theres still time but I need a good rally from the troops

You sound like a guy who needs Mats Zuccarello as we near the trade deadline.   

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, aylbert said:

You sound like a guy who needs Mats Zuccarello as we near the trade deadline.   

Haha I can’t afford to part with any more picks. What I need is to actually have the player I drafted in the first round, Hall, to return from wherever the hell he is.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, devlman said:

Haha I can’t afford to part with any more picks. What I need is to actually have the player I drafted in the first round, Hall, to return from wherever the hell he is.

Oh man, I can't complain about Tarasenko anymore.  I didn't even think of Hall's effect on FHL - that really, really blows.

• Like 1

I loathe having to overturn this trade, but it's just too egregious of a mistake to overlook.  You guys really need to understand the keeper rule better before making these deals (or at least get picks added to the darn trade) cause there's no rationale for allowing this trade other than my stated goal of not policing anything but collusion and mistakes and this clearly wasn't collusion.  Trading a keeper-eligible who's the better player for a non-keeper eligible having a worse year straight up is an obvious mistake though.  As much as I don't want to judge deals on merit, I don't want to have anyone pay for an obvious error up the nose for multiple seasons in a free league either.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Thanks 2

First off, annoyed that the deal was vetoed simply because I couldn't believe how one-sided it was in my favor.

I mean, I'm never going to turn down a trade offer like that but I have no idea what the rationale was behind the offer.

Edit: I mean he/she's way over games for all positions, but has more games available at RW than LW.  Maybe looking to swap a LW for a RW, but yeah the keeper status matters here.

Edited by Devilsfan118