NJDevs Fantasy Football 2018 Smack Talk

aylbert

49 minutes ago, MantaRay said:

Eagles are going to suck this year.    They got lucky last night but they are a damaged lot before the season even started.    Wentz out for the next several weeks is the icing on the top of the cake.

Go Ravens!!!

I expected Wentz to miss the first 2/3 weeks,  start Week 4 for a long while.   Jeffery who knows when he will actually return; they took him off PUP... but does he play against the Giants week 6?  Not sure.

They should beat the Bucs;  and then we'll see by then what the Colts bring this year with Luck.   Eagles defense is strong enough to carry their offensive hiccups.  Foles is streaky, but fights for wins.

Even if he comes back Week 4 he is going to be rusty and tentative.   Ajai should be on IR by then too.     I think the Eagles defense last year had the benefit of having a great offense under Wentz.    I see them getting tired by the 4th Quarter (a lot of similiariites to my Ravens the past few years).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MantaRay said:

Even if he comes back Week 4 he is going to be rusty and tentative.   Ajai should be on IR by then too.     I think the Eagles defense last year had the benefit of having a great offense under Wentz.    I see them getting tired by the 4th Quarter (a lot of similiariites to my Ravens the past few years).

I think you undervalue Foles.   Foles is not elite, but is a starting QB.  It’s also a contract year for Ajayi...  that tends to lead to a good year.  

If he’s injured, he’s injured.   We have Clement who can get it done with Sproles sprinkled in.    I’ve given up on Smallwood- but he made the 53 again.

As long as the Birds aren’t 3 and out in 22 seconds ala Chip Kelly...  I have confidence the defense won’t tire out.

4 hours ago, redruM said:

Cannot believe I forgot to put Ajayi in

I guess the 2nd overall RB you draft in the forth round isn't an "obvious" enough starter. 😶

I left my #1 WR spot open on my starting roster this week for Julio. I'm sure the commish will be right on that as soon as his super busy life allows. 👍

Edited by Masked Fan

2 hours ago, Masked Fan said:

I left my #1 WR spot open on my starting roster this week for Julio. I'm sure the commish will be right on that as soon as his super busy life allows. 

I don't know...  it seems fishy.   Are you just saying this because Julio Jones had a big night?    Would you have honestly started Julio Jones (1st round) over Pierre Garcon?  Or are you just trying to pull a fast one on Crasher?  I mean... cmon...   

Spoiler

HOW IS THIS EVEN A fvckING ISSUE?   Oh right,  because we couldn't finish the draft on time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

I don't know...  it seems fishy.   Are you just saying this because Julio Jones had a big night?    Would you have honestly started Julio Jones (1st round) over Pierre Garcon?  Or are you just trying to pull a fast one on Crasher?  I mean... cmon...   

Just hoping to be able to blow enough smoke to make people think I would actually start that HACK! Hell I only made him my keeper so I could save everyone ELSE from possibly drafting him and getting stuck with his NO TD catchin ass!!!

What the hell Crasher? Goodell is a better looking commissioner at is point. Think about that

Wasn't the whole point of you coming up with your little completely unnecessary plan for people to ONLY be allowed to PM you so you don’t miss it in all the other messages you get?

Well, you obviously didn’t miss it. You knew for days my intention was to obviously start my star #1 WR first round keeper. You knew before the game. You knew for days.

I don’t see any difference from one of us talking to you the day before, or texting you.

Even though you knew, I still set you a PM. It was still well before kickoff. 

I wasn’t trying to sneak behind anyone’s back.

I don't want to deal with the melodrama oozing from this thread so I'll try to keep this brief.  I'll say this Masked, you don't get the high ground on complaining that he saw your post and knew your intention when you also saw his posts about sending a PM before 8, and still held off on sending the bloody PM till after 8 despite multiple chances to do so.  Not to mention you seem to be the only one constantly having memory problems with this rule since the same thing happened a couple years ago with Brees and he gave you a pass then.  Maybe it'll take not getting a pass this time for you to remember or abide by the specification everyone else has always followed.

I do think the rule should be before kickoff, not before 8 PM because it's easy enough to check a timestamp to make sure it came before the stated kickoff time.  If you can change the lineup in any other week a minute before kickoff that should hold true opening week too, especially an opening week after the draft started stupid late and doesn't even get done in time as a result.  That said, I get 8 PM was stated in the draft thread.  And yes obviously starting Julio's a no-brainer by any metric assuming 100% health but like with the real world a rule's a rule even if it comes off as procedural nonsense.  Otherwise why have rules at all or specifications if they're not going to be followed?

As for obvious is obvious I believe that was meant to apply to situations where you only draft one player at a position like K, DEF or TE (it could have applied to Ertz but I didn't take any chances, plus I wanted Wentz on IR for an extra roster spot anyway), which is the definition of obvious if you only drafted the Eagles defense or either kicker.  Otherwise it's not unprecedented to bench a guy you draft earlier even in Week 1.  I'd have been better off playing Trubisky and Kupp over Ben and Gordon like I wanted to though my team was too pitiful this week to even win with those guys in.

Edited by NJDevs4978

15 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Not to mention you seem to be the only one constantly having memory problems with this rule.And yes obviously starting Julio's a  no brainer.

First off, Has, thank you for responding to the post. Unlike the commish, who apparently “has spoken” and feels no need to address it anymore. 

Second. Every one of your points have validity. 

This drama was drummed up by Goodell with his b.s. mandate. He gets off on it. 🤮

I was at work, where access to fantasy is impossible, and just having computer time to access this site is limited.

I got called away from the computer before I could send the unnecessary PM decreed mandatory by the tyrant. But still was able to, well before the delayed kickoff. Scott understands this  especially being unable to take 10 seconds to send a text to help the draft along due to his super busy lifestyle. 🧐

Week 1 not having the team loaded, and in this case, not having the draft done, deserves “a pass”. Especially from such an unnecessary “rule”.

He stated “AND obvious picks are obvious “ after addressing Kickers and Defenses. He KNEW I was starting Julio, it wasn’t like he even needed the PM to find out. He responded to my post, he didn’t have to “dig (scroll) through 5 pages (3) of pictures” to find out. Any reasonable person would have just responded to the many other times it was addressed that he got it, not that he needed the “cover on the TPS Report” for it to count. 😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MantaRay said:

instead I shifted to homerdome (Flacco).

Tough call with them playing each other and after Flacco’s week one flashback to greatness. But he did still wind up posting a decent game for you. Looked like a bigger disaster til the second half!

Posted on League message board, but doesn’t seem to be used by the commish. 

I looked on the settings, but did not see it.

Question: what is the league site deadline for making lineup changes? 30 mins  before? 5? @ kickoff?

22 hours ago, Masked Fan said:

Posted on League message board, but doesn’t seem to be used by the commish. 

I looked on the settings, but did not see it.

Question: what is the league site deadline for making lineup changes? 30 mins  before? 5? @ kickoff?

Think it’s like a minute before each individual player’s game.

Looks like I was right about Wentz being a 1-2 week injury, wouldn’t have changed squat this week anyway. I’ll have some interesting QB decisions going forward with Ben throwing all over the place thanks to the Steelers lousy D.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On 9/14/2018 at 12:08 PM, MantaRay said:

True, but if I stayed with my original strategy I get 35 points from Dalton.   I changed to Flacco (20 points) at the last minute so I didn't cheer against my team.     

This is why I almost never play fantasy for money. One time I did, and actually won $50 but aside from that I wouldn’t want to have a financial stake in having players do well against the Jets.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Think it’s like a minute before each individual player’s game.

Thanks Commish. 🍻👍🏼😜

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

...I wouldn’t want to have a financial stake in having players do well against the Jets.

Actually, that sounds like a solid money maker!! 🤣 

No the money maker for me would be starting Jets on my fantasy team, then betting against them in daily fantasy cause the Jets never do sh!t for me when I do play them. 

Then again I tried it the other way last year with having Brady and he didn't do sh!t for me either :P

Edited by NJDevs4978