Sign in to follow this  
Triumph

GAME THREAD 1: NYR @ NJ 7:00 September 17th

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nice summation, pretty much what you'd expect to see for a team like this at this point...some good moments, some sloppy ones, some rust, and some conditioning issues here and there. 

Yeah, I'm being more on the complimentary side as it's literally 3 days in, so I expected worse in some ways lol They'll shake off the rust, but yeah, there were some things I was hoping to see, and was happy to see some of them 

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'd say that's a good estimate, it was really empty 15 mins before the game but it started to fill in more. People aren't in a rush for preseason lol

Just out of curiosity (I've never been to a preseason game at the Rock), do they have the buffet open at the former Fire & Ice Lounges?  I'm assuming no.  I'm guessing they're probably a little less stringent about sitting in your ticketed seat.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just out of curiosity (I've never been to a preseason game at the Rock), do they have the buffet open at the former Fire & Ice Lounges?  I'm assuming no.  I'm guessing they're probably a little less stringent about sitting in your ticketed seat.

Since they changed how those use to work I haven't actually been in them for a game so I have no clue. There is like an option for food or not when you get those season tickets now because apparently too much food was going to waste. 

The old buffet style was amazing but would need someone else to chime in because I'm not 100% sure exactly what the food includes anymore. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And yeah, Micheletti sucks.  DD56 nailed exactly how I feel about his "work".

Madagascar’s King Julien sums it up best how I feel about Micheletti when he speaks.

0E1FA7A9-9BEC-494C-8CED-5AACFD574DF1.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

Whatever he posted would be more interesting to me than you guys making fun of him, that's for sure.

Lol this is rich coming from someone who has talked down and belittled countless posters over the years.

• Like 3

Q, Lappin, and Smith looked great. Q looks more intelligent with the puck. Smith’s poise is really something.  Nico already looks improved with his skating and strength.

On the other end, Santini looked disinterested and McLeod was meh.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 4

Bratt reminded me of Tedenby last night, so easily knocked off the puck, forcing passes. The OT turnover just a culmination of his entire game. Johnson did look good, and Smith is going to be really good.  I didn't see any of the Montreal game, but Jason MacIssac said Blackwood struggled mightily?  

2 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Bratt reminded me of Tedenby last night, so easily knocked off the puck, forcing passes. The OT turnover just a culmination of his entire game. Johnson did look good, and Smith is going to be really good.  I didn't see any of the Montreal game, but Jason MacIssac said Blackwood struggled mightily?  

I have been trying to put my finger on who Bratt reminds me of, basically for most of last year too, but I couldn't quite think of it and I figured maybe I was just trying too hard to compare to him someone, but that's exactly who he reminds me of as well now that you mention it.  I really hope he doesn't become the next Tedenby - similar size and style, someone who is mildy fast, agile, young, and has what would appear to be potential, but like you said is easily knocked off the puck.  I think he has some finish, but it's whether or not he can get himself open and in scoring positions in the first place that remains to be seen.

I was going to say that at least I think Bratt is a bit bigger/heavier than Tedenby, but I just checked and they're both an identical 5'-10", 174 lbs. Dammit.

Edited by DJ Eco

The difference is we drafted Tedenby in the first round. 

• Like 1

Bratt had more points in 1 season than Tedenby did in 4. 

• Like 4

Bratt also had 35 points last year. Tedenby has 42 for his career.

Of course, he had nearly half of that in his rookie year and then...

I'm not going to get too crazy about the Bratt play. It looked like he got hit just as he was trying to poke the puck forward to McLeod. I think it was just a well timed hit from the Ranger player. 

To be fair, Hall had a crappy turnover that led to a goal too. Its preseason so it's gonna be sloppy. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

lounges were still open and full buffet food - you still needed a ticket to get in there.

Some more fuel for the rivalry fire.

Edited by DJ Eco

20 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

He looked like a deer in the headlights, and this was only the MON dumpster fire!