Devils claim C Jean Sebastian Dea off waivers

Triumph

So, assuming the devils actually keep him and not just put him right back on waivers and hope that he doesn't get claimed by anyone else, my assumption is he is taking rooney's possible spot. i am pretty sure that quennville has made the team. i assumed rooney would be the 13th forward and they would role with 2 d scratches and give smith a 9 game look (scratching 2 of lovejoy, meuller, santini).

my bet was that stafford would get the albelin treatment for a month and seney was going to be sent to bingo. but now dea throws a wrench into this.

They're making room... Smith back to Jrs, Rooney/Seney to the Bing... 

ETA:  @ChrisRyan_NJ   That leaves 25 players on the Devils’ roster (26 counting Dea). Assuming the Devils try to send him down, the two extra players will be goalies Cory Schneider and Mackenzie Blackwood. The rest should be the team’s 23-man roster.

Edited by LittleBallofHate

5 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

All of these make sense. Wouldn't have minded a 9 game look at Smith, but he's very young. 

Still rooting for Quenneville to make the roster and succeed at the NHL level. 

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

ETA:  @ChrisRyan_NJ   That leaves 25 players on the Devils’ roster (26 counting Dea). Assuming the Devils try to send him down, the two extra players will be goalies Cory Schneider and Mackenzie Blackwood. The rest should be the team’s 23-man roster.

I thought Smith would get the nine game cup of coffee, but no issue with sending him back.

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I thought Smith would get the nine game cup of coffee, but no issue with sending him back.

I thought he had an outside shot at the nine games too, but yeah, no issues with him not getting that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

All of these make sense. Wouldn't have minded a 9 game look at Smith, but he's very young. 

Still rooting for Quenneville to make the roster and succeed at the NHL level. 

Q coming up and having any success would be a major bonus.  I had pretty much expected little to nothing from him.

• Like 3

@mikemorrealeNHL  John Hynes said newly acquired right-shot forward Jean-Sebastien Dea will meet the team in Bern, Switzerland, on Saturday.

John Hynes on returning Ty Smith to Spokane: "He made it very difficult for us based on the way he played & playing to his strengths. He'll get stronger & he'll be in a much different situation not just competing to make the roster next yr but competing for a strong position."

• Like 2

it's part of the game and they all know it. But deep inside it must be suuuuuch a kick in the balls to think you're soooooooooo close to FINALLY accomplish your dream to make the NHL, you keep making the cut, day after day and the season is in a few days now, you can almost taste it and boom, your team pick some dude off waivers and your ass is sent back down lol

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

it's part of the game and they all know it. But deep inside it must be suuuuuch a kick in the balls to think you're soooooooooo close to FINALLY accomplish your dream to make the NHL, you keep making the cut, day after day and the season is in a few days now, you can almost taste it and boom, your team pick some dude off waivers and your ass is sent back down lol

Yeahh that's gotta be a bummer.  Feel for em, but like you said it's part of the deal.