2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

Ok... I’m not against fun. But really. fvck this sh!t. Beyond fvcking lame. Hopefully this doesn’t become a thing now, but it probably will, seeing as how everyone copies everything and everyone needs to be a fvcking social media star. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ok... I’m not against fun. But really. fvck this sh!t. Beyond fvcking lame. Hopefully this doesn’t become a thing now, but it probably will, seeing as how everyone copies everything and everyone needs to be a fvcking social media star. 

Yea I didn't dig it. I knew that there was going to be a lot of afternoon games this season but I assumed it would be on the weekend. There are games on right now. In the afternoon. ON A WEEKDAY...

Two things:

1) That's really awful.  Every part of me is sore from having watched that. 

2) Those thirds would look a HELL of a lot better without that eyesore of a crest that looks like a B but isn't really a B.  The Canes' standard crests (or a slightly modified version of it) would be a HUGE improvement. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea I didn't dig it. I knew that there was going to be a lot of afternoon games this season but I assumed it would be on the weekend. There are games on right now. In the afternoon. ON A WEEKDAY...

It’s Columbus Day. It’s also Canadian Thanksgiving.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Two things:

1) That's really awful.  Every part of me is sore from having watched that. 

2) Those thirds would look a HELL of a lot better without that eyesore of a crest that looks like a B but isn't really a B.  The Canes' standard crests (or a slightly modified version of it) would be a HUGE improvement. 

Just do the stick salute. The stick salute after a win is fine. I’m so sick of everyone always having to one up everything. No one can ever just leave well enough alone. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

And the survey says........massive fail on the celebration.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, that celebration is pretty stupid.  I can't remember who was the first to do the stick salute, was it the Rags?  But I absolutely hated when every team started to copy it.  

It was the Rags. And now teams will copy this sh!t too, sadly.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

MASSIVE. Lamest sh!t I’ve seen in a while. 

Peewees all over the country are cringing with douche chills.

As for the stick salute I actually think that's pretty cool :shrugs:

Edited by titans04

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Peewees all over the country are cringing with douche chills.

As for the stick salute I actually think that's pretty cool :shrugs:

I always thought the stick salute was somewhat of a cool way to pay tribute to your fans, I just don't like how everyone copied it.  Give credit to the Rags (unfortunately) for coming up with it, and let them do it.  We, and other teams, should find other cool ways to acknowledge our own fans.  Note:  What the Hurricanes did is not a cool way.

9 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

They were only 2-1 the last time they were +.500 too lmfao. 

I totally missed that, amazing lol... 

"The Sabres had a 2-1-0 record Jan. 24, 2013, after a 6-3 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes. They lost 3-1 at Carolina the following night in the second game of a home-and-home and had not achieved a winning record again before improving to 2-1-0 Monday." 

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

😂

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(This is the exact laugh that went through my head at this news...at the 0:53 mark):

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dazed+and+confused+mailbox&&view=detail&mid=1F8B3A32412583FB186A1F8B3A32412583FB186A&rvsmid=3E9DC022AC9EC7E035C63E9DC022AC9EC7E035C6&FORM=VDQVAP

Not sure what sh!t-enkirk has less of at this point:  confidence, or functioning follicles

KEEP LIVING THE DREAM LOSER!

5toh8toxkm9z.jpg

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3