2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

Both unfunny and completely classless...in other words, brought to you by a Ranger fan.  Of course they'll all find this hilarious.  Forever the worst fan base in the NHL. 

• Like 2

Don't know why this has just hit me, and it's probably been mentioned on here before , but with Brian Gionta hanging them up there are no active players in the NHL that have won a cup with New Jersey. 

Since the last cup was 15 years ago that shouldn't really be a surprise but still. 

Let's hope we can put that right in the next few years. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

So Sean Avery was featured as the latest guest on Spittin' Chiclets episode.  The guy is as big a narcissistic douchebag as ever.

Made a quip about Marty though - hammer hands?  Am I completely out of the loop with that because I have no idea what that means.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So Sean Avery was featured as the latest guest on Spittin' Chiclets episode.  The guy is as big a narcissistic douchebag as ever.

Made a quip about Marty though - hammer hands?  Am I completely out of the loop with that because I have no idea what that means.

Marty is living rent-free in that dipsh!t’s head. Also, Sean Avery should never be featured on any hockey podcast that wants to be taken seriously.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Marty is living rent-free in that dipsh!t’s head. Also, Sean Avery should never be featured on any hockey podcast that wants to be taken seriously.

What will ALWAYS bother me about some past Devils teams is that they let THAT friggin' complete dipsh!t get into THEIR heads.  His crap actually worked on the Devils, and it's pretty much inexcusable. 

On another note, Kovy hasn't exactly lit the NHL on fire in his return (yes, it's still early)...his team is 2-6-1, and he's a -7 in his last six GP.  Just 2 G through 9 GP (he is getting his shots though...27 of them).  I had him getting off to a fast start...gotta wonder how he holds up, as the Kings have a pretty compressed schedule themselves...41 games in 89 days, starting tonight.  That will take him up to 50 GP for the season...just 10 short of the most regular season games he's played in any of his KHL campaigns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

All it means is that Marty will forever be a hall of fame legend and Avery will forever be a footnote in the lower level doldrums of hockey who was hated by his own teammates and cared more about his dumb fancy shoes than being a real player. 

Is it any wonder that guy is championed by Rag fans? Fits perfectly. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 4